🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Fre...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi New Upwork Freelancers!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,582 REPLIES 3,582

Hi everyone, i have been on upwork for a month now and I have not been hire for a project after submitting several proposal. i will appreciate a profile feedback and tips on how to get hire for projects in upwork.

Hi, Agatha.

Landing your first job on UpWork is very difficult given the great deal of competition you might have. But with the right steps, you can succeed.

Here are the things which I tried that helped me quite a lot.

1) Look for jobs with fewer proposals, the less the competition, the more your chances to get hired.

2) Don't copy/paste cover letters, rather communicate according to the job requirements.

3) Be very specific to your niche, and expertise. Offer them what you can truly deliver.

4) Show some enthusiasm. Clients love new freelancers, who are passionate about their work.

5) Lower your rates. I know it's annoying, but you have to make some sacrifices to build your UpWork profile.

6) Don't give up. Persistence is key.

I hope these tips are going to help you, Goodluck!

Thank you so very much, this is really helpful. I really appreciated the
tips given.

Hi everyone,

I submitted almost 10 proposals in the past 3 weeks, and I didn't receive a message for an interview.

I explain every aspect of my services that I will provide to the client along with sample work attached and still go unnoticed. 

I shall be very thankful if someone spares some moments to review my profile and send some suggestions if there is room for improvemnt.

Many Thanks.

tiapulkownik
Community Member

Hello! I am very new to this site and freelancing in general and would greatly appreciate any feedback!

kapilvaishnav
Community Member

Hi, I just started on Upwork. could you please review my profile and give your valuable feedback? Thank you.

c603ad25
Community Member

Hi everyone. I would love a review of my profile. Created it like a year ago but I'm setting it up properly to start hunting jobs.

l_yanong
Community Member

Hi! I'm a newbie in Freelancing. Can someone check my profile and I would appreciate if you can provide me a feedback as to which aspect I need to improve. Thank you so much in advance! ☺️
l_latte
Community Member

I would love to have the opportunity to have my profile reviewed. I have been trying to land job as a product designer from the job board of UpWork. I have used Upwork's tips and resources to help improve my profile. However, I have been unsuccessful and my connects are running low already. Hope the community can help.

Thank you.

susanvk
Community Member

Thank you Mike J for this offer. I'm interested!

Cheers!

Susan

orevaoghene
Community Member

Hi, I've been a freelancer here for almost a year and I haven't been able to get a job. My account has been set to private for the second time and I've requested that it be set to public again but that would take up to three working days to complete. If anyone could give me tips on how to secure a job I'd really appreciate it. I really need your help guys.

Hello Everyone 

I started freelancing on upwork and I want to improve my profile 

I applied several job but no luck

anyone advise me how to improve profile so I can take a first job?

Thank you 

Hi all!  I am new to Upwork and have submitted a few proposals with no success yet.  I understand it may take some time, but one of my main concerns is that clients will continue to choose other freelancers over me since I am not yet rated on Upwork with no track record of success for prior jobs, simply because I am brand new!  I also cannot provide any work samples as all material I have worked on as a proofreader/transcriptionist is 100% confidential.  I would love to receive some feedback on my profile from this wonderful community.  Many thanks!  

https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/~01843e1ad879e68759/

kerlynn7
Community Member

Hi all!  I am new to Upwork and have submitted a few proposals with no success yet.  I understand it may take some time, but one of my main concerns is that clients will continue to choose other freelancers over me since I am not yet rated on Upwork with no track record of success for prior jobs, simply because I am brand new!  I also cannot provide any work samples as all material I have worked on as a proofreader/transcriptionist is 100% confidential.  Are there many clients out there willing to hire a newbie over someone more established?  Any advice you can provide would be much appreciated, and I've included a link to my profile here - feedback is welcomed!  Many thanks!  https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/~01843e1ad879e68759/

Hi Kerri,

I too am new to Upwork. I had a chance to work for a client for a short period of time but it was all worth it. Now I am continuously applying for several roles and I recently got an invitation to apply. 

I suggest that you continue to upskill yourself (if needed) and take on the advise of experienced freelancers in our community with regard to updating your profile. 

Recently I posted in the Upwork community page asking if experienced freelancers can take a look of my profile and give their feedback. They really do find time to assist us newbies. 

Good luck! 

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback, John!  And good luck to you as well!

i'd love someone from the community to help me grow. i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong, but i shoud've gotten couple interviews by now. Also, i only got 1 interview for a job with a $15 budget. To be honest, my skill is worth way more than that, but i took the interview just to get a start and the client had no idea what he actually wanted and scrapped everything. 

kerlynn7
Community Member

Hello!  As an Upwork newbie who's yet to land her first job, I would love to receive some feedback on my profile.  Thank you!

https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/~01843e1ad879e68759/

arslanriaz46
Community Member

Hi Dear 

ARSLAN R from Pakistan am new on Upwork I have a lot of experience in graphic designing I created my profile on Upwork but not getting any good order please review my profile and suggest me changes.

PROFILE LINK 

quickdatahunter
Community Member

Hello Dear Upwroker! I'm sure you will help me.
                    I'm a freelancer at Upwork with a 97% job success score. Last month, I did not win even a single job. I'm confused about why it happened? Please look at my profile and help me to make it better. Can anyone help me to write a winning proposal? I'll be very thankful to you.

Best Regards, 

bcd5251b
Community Member

I would really like an in-depth review of my profile. Hold no bars. I want all things that need to be corrected identified, please.

e1ed7980
Community Member

Hello, can someone please review my profile? Any suggestions for improvements will be greatly appreciated! Thank you. 

a_corbeaux
Community Member

I would love some feedback on my profile. I have limited experience (but some education) in the area I want to freelance in. I'm hoping to maximize the impact of my. unrelated experience the relevant education I do have. Thank you!

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0176cc1bdbac09e862?viewMode=1

Anna, your profile overview is well-written. Please consider adding a portfolio. It could be prior work that you may have done for a college assignment or a past employer. Also, consider developing a different overview for your specialized profile. At present, specialized and all work read the same. Lastly, a bit of market research may help in determining your hourly rate. One might want to consider not only other Upwork freelancers but also other websites where editing/proofreading services are offered.   

I hope these suggestions help. Good luck. 

I'm new here, please review my profile. If there are need to be changed please respond to me.

umar_salihu
Community Member

Could you please check out mine and give a feedback? It'll mean a lot.

Umar, your profile is well-written. The only suggestion I have for you is to reconsider your title. A quick search showed that other freelancers in your field are using words such as 'graphic designer', 'brand identity designer', 'creative designer' etc. 'brand identity developer' is not used much. I know this is a tiny detail. But unless job titles and your profile title/description matches, you might not receive invites from potential clients. Also consider having project catalogs/pre-packaged products. e.g. designing logo $XX. designing brochure $YY. etc. 

I hope this helps. Good luck.  

Wow. That so a lot Aditi J.
c96449e9
Community Member

Hi. I'd love if some members could check my profile and provide feedback. Thanks in advance. 

clarekamala108
Community Member

Hi Mike,

I'm looking for some support - apologies if this duplicates, I'm not sure where is best to place this.

I am so far really loving UpWork, I am uploading plenty of information and I would really appreciate some feedback on my profile.

I've submitted 8 proposals now, and not received any feedback, I am willing to submit several a day, as I am seeing interesting roles - but I feel stuck where I am as I am runnng out of 'connects'.

How can I keep progressing and am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for your support

Clare 

stanimiryakimov
Community Member

Hey guys. Kinda new in the Upwork freelance community, I'll be happy to receive any feedback on my profile.

Stan, Kudos to you for an excellent profile. You have all the essential elements, including videos and testimonials to make a competitive bid. The overview section is currently focused on your prior professional experiences. It is informative; however, it does not specify clearly the services you offer through this platform. Knowing your expertise and inclination will help a potential client to determine if you are a good fit. Please consider revising it and making it forward focused. 

Good luck, I am sure you will find projects that you enjoy.  

@Aditi J, thank you so much for your feedback. Appreciations. 

Hello dear members,

I am a new guy for Upwork.
I have experience in banking & finance. Can you help me to find out a project on this platform?

e6c211c3
Community Member

Hello

I just joined Upwork and would love some tips and feedback on how to improve my profile.

Thank you in advance.

tornikep
Community Member

Hey. As a new member of Upwork I would love to hear feedback about my profile. 

Thanks.

Tornike P wrote:

Hey. As a new member of Upwork I would love to hear feedback about my profile. 

Thanks.

Your profile is not public.

12e37393
Community Member

I am interested in getting feedback on my profile

malanore08
Community Member

Greetings;

May you please review my profile? It's like 3 days with 20 propsals scince I got back to Upwork. But no interviews. I would like to know what is the problem with my profile.

Best regards.

Farewell.

Koorosh, you already have few jobs completed. Kudos. For you, I'd highly recommend this article - https://www.upwork.com/hiring/for-freelancers/enhance-your-profile-for-greater-success/

In particular, look at Oleg L 's profile at the bottom. He is from a different field than yours but his profile is definitely a 'model profile' for a new freelancer. (I am on Upwork forum for 5+ years but I too intermittently visit these profiles to see the changes these three freelancers have made to keep up with Upwork's new features.). 

Hope this helps. Good luck. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths