🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Profile assessment - no feedback from proposa...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi New Upwork Freelancers!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,582 REPLIES 3,582
gymcarry
Community Member

Yes. Please review my profile. Thanks in advance. Haven't been getting any jobs
ehavle
Community Member

I have read "Getting Started" tips, attended the "Getting Started" webinar, and tried many different approaches to my proposal structure. (including a willingness to work for very low fees just to establish a reputation on here) I have a clear understanding of my competitive advantage message. I am a very seasoned professional, just new to Upwork.

Any advice on breaking this no-hire spell? Thank you so much in advance!

Eva

PS-To add insult to injury my profile was "hidden" for "lack of earnings". It's not due to not trying and being penalized is not helping the matter. 

aditipie
Community Member

Eva, I hear you. I have been in spots where Upwork terms and conditions seemed unhelpful. But it is the freelancer community that helped me to navigate this framework. You are in the right spot. Apart from me, other more experienced freelancers may have suggestions for you too. So please check back periodically.  

1) Consider adding a video to your profile. When I looked at high earners in your field (e.g. Melissa, or Courtney), adding video seems to be a norm. If you disagree, you might want to change your title. I used your title to do a search and these freelancers showed up.  

2) Consider adding more portfolio items. These items can be from your assignments on other platforms or sample assignments that you created solely for portfolio purposes. (Although Melissa and Courtney did not have an exhaustive portfolio, several other have 10+ items). 

3) Consider developing catalog products/pre-packaged products. A potential client can reach you in three different ways- look at your profile and send you a direct message, Or they post a job and you respond to it. Or they look at a catalog product that you have and hire you. At present, you do not have catalog products. Connect with Upwork rep if you need more information about Catalogs. (I myself have not yet developed Catalog products due to technical glitches but I plan to do it during the Spring break.) 

Hope this helps, I'm rooting for your success.  

tahmid009
Community Member

I am a CMS, Shopify and Laravel developer. Looking to start my journey at Upwork. I will really appriciate if someone reviews my profile.

Thank you 

josephaccountant
Community Member

Greetings Upwork Family!

I am unable to secure high-paying jobs/projects yet I am a Top-Rated freelancer. I have tried every trick 'in the book' and feel that I have hit a dead-end. I am outof ideas! So far, I have;

a. Updated my profile accordingly.

b. Implemented all the tips I have learnt on bidding for jobs(which worked just fine last year).

I have not received any invitations by clients, yet I got so many last year.

What do you advise/recommend that I do? Thank you in advance.

Joseph T wrote:

Greetings Upwork Family!

I am unable to secure high-paying jobs/projects yet I am a Top-Rated freelancer. I have tried every trick 'in the book' and feel that I have hit a dead-end. I am outof ideas! So far, I have;

a. Updated my profile accordingly.

b. Implemented all the tips I have learnt on bidding for jobs(which worked just fine last year).

I have not received any invitations by clients, yet I got so many last year.

What do you advise/recommend that I do? Thank you in advance.

I'm a marketing copywriter. Check out my profile and compare it with yours. You list qualifications, but you have no story. As a content writer, I expect more. Why hire you rather than the other Top-Rated freelancers? It's really hard to get started on the platform so you need to find ways to stand out. 

Likewise, your proposals need to be customized to each job post. 

Hi Robin,
May you Kindly review my profile and suggest to me what I need/upgrade more to get projects.
I am an Upwork family member since 2017. I have completed several writing tasks at "Off-Work"/platforms.
I have mentioned those in my profile. But still, I am unable to identify what is resisting me to get jobs/projects.

Thanks

Hey All - new to the Freelance marketspace and am really glad to have this community!

I have a really low end computer but can get a Desktop as a Service from Citirx, Microsoft (and a host of others, now that I am in the market) that is much higher in processing power and RAM. I don't think this would be a problem but on another forum I heard that Upwork will flag me if I use a DaaS and suspend my account. Can this be true? I don't want to start down a path that will get me suspended but I cannot imagine why I could not do this. The cost of DaaS is so much cheaper per month than coming up with the $1200 to get a development machine.

Any insight or coaching or advice at all on this matter would be so deeply appreciated! 

gnudlepye
Community Member

Hello, Upwork community,

I am really confused as to why I get virtually no response to my proposals. I don't have a JSS, but I have 6 5 star reviews with amazing feedback. I only apply to jobs I know I can really do well, but it seems like I'm wasting my time as nobody is even viewing my profile (I see I had one view this past week which is the same as the previous week), but I have sent out around 44 proposals this year. Please can someone share some insight? Is there an algorithm that pushes the more Upwork experienced freelancers above those less experienced? I would really, really appreciate if some of you amazing freelancers could have a look at my profile and share some thoughts on why I am not being successful?

Here is a link to my profile: Natalie Bowman UpWork Profile 

Thank you so much, Natalie

k9logo
Community Member

Could you please check my profile once,

Pranab Sarkar

k9logo
Community Member

Please let me know if there anything wrong with my profile.. 

Pranab Sarkar

shoai1
Community Member

I would like to say Big thanks to my Gurus of Upwork Experienced Freelancers.

Please review my Profile.

07fd3f65
Community Member

hi

Here is the link to my profile.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~014ecc1c0bb47896ac

Please review it.

Also, please guide me about proposal writing I think maybe I'm not writing them in a way that I can land a job.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards.

Afsheen, your profile reads well. Consider adding prior job experiences. If you have not held any formal job titles, it might be a bit difficult to gain traction on this forum. You could add any freelance assignments that you may have done or any other volunteer work. Also, consider adding testimonials. 

Good luck, I wish you the best. 

ladykolly
Community Member

Hi,
I am new on upwork, can you check my profile and give me feedback?
Thanks
Best regards
Kollet

HOW to improve Upwork profile? I need professionals guidance. Kindly help seniors.

sumankr545
Community Member

I also request Upwork experienced freelancers to review my profile

c04d68c5
Community Member

Hi

Need someone to check my profile and find out some mistakes.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thanks

ladykolly
Community Member

Hi Mike.J
I am new on upwork, can you check my profile and give me feedback? Thanks Best regards
Kollet

I'm professional expert Photoshop artist. I do all work as master level. have more than 10 years of experience. but cant get work here becouse of i'm new on upwork. Please help me.

Jitesh P wrote:

I'm professional expert Photoshop artist. I do all work as master level. have more than 10 years of experience. but cant get work here becouse of i'm new on upwork. Please help me.

I will not comment on any of the presentation as I am not an English speaker.
The only thing I will comment on is that. If you have 10 years of experience, I suppose you will have more examples of work to show, not only of retouching, but also of design.
Retouching, erasing funds and changing funds are fields full of people doing the same thing.

nitikrishnakumar
Community Member

Hi Mike and Team,

Really could do with some expert advice on my profile. Thanks!

My Status: Joined Upwork on 11th Jan.

Made five applications but have not been accepted yet.

Kindly check and let me know. I hope to include other skills but for now, I am focussing on writing children's content. Thankyou!

Have a great year 2021!

Cheers,

Niti

Niti, on this thread experienced freelancers provide feedback. If you'd like tips from Upwork team there's another thread titled "Tips from Upwork’s Talent Success Team". 

https://www.upwork.com/resources/9-tips-create-freelancer-profile-stands-out

I'd highly recommend the article above to revamp your profile. Consider going through each item and make changes. For instance, tip 3 about the overview section- In the overview section, you provide information about your past employment and it would be helpful to include the services/products you can offer on this forum. e.g. "I am a creative writer who develops children's books, picture books, folklore, fantasy etc."   

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Hello Elance,

Thanks a lot for helping out with this useful link. I have started
working on the lines of it!

Cheers and have a great new year!
Until later :-),
Niti

Hi there,
I actually need an assessment of my profile to know areas I need to improve and work on.
Overall, I have submitted over 10 proposals and haven't gotten any job yet. One of the responses I finally received said I don't have any review and was scared I will abandoned the project half way.
Please, I need suggestions on how to fix this and a review of my profile and areas of improvement.
Thanks guys.
princenwabueze
Community Member

Hi there,
I actually need an assessment of my profile to know areas I need to improve and work on.
Overall, I have submitted over 10 proposals and haven't gotten any job yet. One of the responses I finally received said I don't have any review and was scared I will abandoned the project half way.
Please, I need suggestions on how to fix this and a review of my profile and areas of improvement.
Thanks guys.
aditipie
Community Member

Reuben, it is incredible that you have a job in two weeks. Some freelancers spend months figuring things out. You have a well-written profile. For improving success rate (i.e. securing more contracts), I'd suggest to add an introductory video. Also, consider adding more portfolio items and most importantly, consider getting one or two testimonials. These items will give your potential client a better understanding of what it is like to work with you. 

I hope this helps. Good luck, you already are a rising star!

9683d2bc
Community Member

Hello!

I'm new to this platform, could you review my account, please?

Thank you in advance.

Working H wrote:

Hello!

I'm new to this platform, could you review my account, please?

Thank you in advance.

I don't know anything about your field, but I have a question, is your name really "Working"?

i ask about on advice, what the best for our profiles, a lot of our project samples or only a few of them?

9f478dc2
Community Member

Hello! I would like some feedback on my profile. Thank you!

Hello great community! Might I ask some help and feedback for my profile?
I am new to the website and still don't understand everything, but was able to get a job and get a review from it, but most of the time I don't get any answers from my proposals.

Thanks in advance!

Sergio, your profile is not public. I am happy to review it if you set it up as public or provide a link. 

Hi! I am new in Upwork, I would greatly appreciate if someone will review my profile so I know what I need to improve on. Many thanks!!

Angelica, your profile reads well. One can write their profile either in first person ("I offer XXX services") or third person ("Angelica offers XXX services"). Either one option is fine but stay consistent. At present your specialized profile is third person while "all work" is written using first person. 

You already are a rising talent. Kudos to you.  

Hello!

I'm Erekle, SEO Expert with 2+ years of EXP. in Local and International SEO.

I know English well, which helps me to send a proposal written at a high level to potential clients.
I try to be detail-oriented, to respond to all their requests, of course I send statements that I know I will be able to handle successfully.
The interest, however, is still not great.
I have done one project so far, I wonder what advice you would give me, maybe I have something to change in my profile that will greatly increase my views and interests of employees?
Thanks for your attention!

Regards

Erekle

Hello Erekle,
I'm writing you because I just saw your request and looked at your profile.
I personally would contact you to collaborate together should I need it. Your profile is complete, professional profile photo, description straight to the point, certifications and  professional exp are complete and precise. You have also inserted a video presentation...so I think that this is just perfect. The only suspicion that can come to me personally is: are you applying for some position or are you just waiting for invitations? Do you have an example of an application message to understand if the problem may be in your proposals?
Please be aware that I am a freelancer too and this is only an advice, not a professional feedback. 

Hello Marco, Thanks for the feedback.

I'll be glad if we collaborate. 

My proposals are superb, I always try to send proposals which are most relevant to the job, I try my proposal to be adapted to the job and answer all the questions that are written on a job description...

It's really strange, sometimes I'm consulting people how to write catchy proposals, and it works, but as for me it's really bizarre, because there are just 1 interview from 10 jobs.

Aditi, thanks for your help!
It is public for upwork logged users. You should be able to see it with your upwork account.

Sergio, I have logged in and still can't see it. 🙂 I see two options at this point. You can reach out to Upwork rep to see why your profile cannot be seen. Or you can give a link to your profile here for review. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths