🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Fre...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi New Upwork Freelancers!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,582 REPLIES 3,582
prvn_mann331023
Community Member

Dear Sir

I am Praveen and I am a freelancer for February 2021, I purchase a freelancer plus plan and apply for 21 proposals but no one hiring me, please guide me and help me out.

Thank you 

with Best Regards

Praveen 

adam-ngongta
Community Member

Hi sir!

I am new to this platform, I have been sending proposals but none reply, so kindly help me to get first job here. I can offer my service for free, I wanted to know how I could start here.

Thank You!

Hey guys,

This is my first time posting here.
I join the UpWork platform in February 2021  and trying to search for projects in my domain and understand the client's requirements then after understanding the requirement I submitted proposals as per my experience. I applied for a 30 plus job during My joining date to date but I did not get any clients interview.

Could you guys give me a short review of my profile?
What do you like?
What don't you like?
What would you change?

I would appreciate any feedback!

naveensharma780
Community Member

i am not getting any jobs what is this i have also pay,, if introviwer came and not respond me ......

592e1061
Community Member

Just joined Upwork i would really appreciate a feedback on my profile before i start sending proposals.
narendar47
Community Member

Hi Folks, 

My profile is 100% completed and my hourly rates are too reasonalble, but still not hired. 

Is anyone here who can check my profile and tell me the issue. 

Thanks & Regards

Narendar 

varghese-vinu
Community Member

Hi Am Vinu ,with all my respect. Could you check my profile and provide me with feedback. I will appreciate it!
Thank you!

simon_ashton_uk
Community Member

Hi,

I always welcome feedback and constructive tips on how to improve.

I create animated videos. I have lots of video examples but not sure how to include these in my profile, so I have put a link to them on my website. IF there is a way to put the examples as part of the profile, I would love to know how.

I would like to get to 100% complete profile. I have read the help section which details what percentages you get for various parts of your profile.

Please can an experienced member take a look at make suggestions as to how to improve before I even consider putting out job proposals?

Thank you in advance.

Simon

Hi Aditi J,

When you get a moment, could you please take a look at my profile for me. 

Any feedback would be welcome.

Thanks.

Simon

Simon, that's a great start. Few things that could be changed: Consider a sharp picture where you come across as a creative professional. (Your current picture has a "tourist" vibe). A portfolio is a must. Please consider adding atleast 6-7 items. Also, is it possible to get some testimonials from previous clients/employers? 

Good luck, with some persistence, I am sure you will get good projects on this platform.  

Hi Aditi,

Thank you for the feedback.

Regards

Simon

e6aeb813
Community Member

Hey! Could you see my profile and give feedback. It will be pleasure for me

good

roncapili
Community Member

hello! would anyone check my profile and give a feedback? thank you!

Ron, thank you for your service as a firefighter. You have saved lives. There are a couple things that need to be different: Your name on community forum appears Ron but on profile appears Angerone. Make sure that you are consistent. In overview section focus on the services that you will offer instead of your past experiences. Past experience is evident from education and employment. Create a portfolio of services you offer. 

Good luck, I am sure you will be a rising talent soon. 

afbfb2ad
Community Member

Hey Mike J.
I am facing a problem with Profile Private. I have seen that My Profile is locked private and I am unable to change it back to the public.
Kindly answer me asap.
Best regards.

Can I please get feedback on my profile from experienced freelancers?. Thanks in advance!

ewaresolutions
Community Member

Hello Mike,

At present my main profile is private and my specialized profile (Manual Testing) is active and should be visible.  I would appreciate greatly if someone could verify that my specialized profile does show up in searches.  Feedback on the profile itself from an experienced freelancer would also be greatly appreciated.  My link:  

https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/~01e99b81e0af00fc06/?s=1313512633755545600 

Thank-you,

Bryan M

391aa110
Community Member

i would like my profile checked and how do i add a video on my project catalog

roobenesqueda
Community Member

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could critique my profile. Ihave been on Upwork for a year and 6 months not and started off well with some high profile clients. Now i have been posting to so many ads as a 3d Animator and no one has replied back to me. I even dropped my rates by half of whatI was charging. I do not think my work sucks, or does it? What am I doing wriong?

Cheers,

Ruben E.

uroobasohail
Community Member

Hi, 

How are you I would like to get a professional review on my profile. Especially, If I write me "tell me about yourself"  correctly? 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~016cdfa7a56c78d5f6

brenda-namulinda
Community Member

Hi, Mike, Could you see my profile and provide me feedback, i send proposals but not hired I will appreciate it Thank you

9d47b1c3
Community Member

Hi,

as i am new on Upwork , i didn't get invitions or My profile got vewied yet, so could you please take a look and provide your feedback?

kalaani
Community Member

Hi Adham ,

This is a place of 2M freelancers and competition is huge . You have a good start BTW . 

Don't expect to have invitations or profile views . working here for 10 years and for last 12 months , i got only 4/5 invitations .

Write nice proposals and spend some connects . For some its slow start, for some its just a start only . Don't get discourage  You can do it , and profile is not bad either .

Cheers !

9744f4a8
Community Member

Hey there! So I've been on Upwork for a bit now, and I've had some success. I try to update and improve my profile frequently, and I'd love it if anyone has some tips for me.

I'm currently in the process of adding testimonials and more portfolio items, but I haven't had many job invites and I feel like I could be generating more leads with a stronger overview and title. If you take out time to look at my profile and leave me feedback, I'd really appreciate it.

Best,
Jemimah J.

chakma-susen
Community Member

Are there anything wrong in my profile?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

di_lucchio-luisa
Community Member

Hello, 

I'm new on Upwork, so a feedback of my profile would be really appreciated.

Many thanks,

Luisa

Wow! Luisa, your background is impressive. Few changes might benefit you: 1. The overview section is excellent. It needs to inform your potential clients about services you offer e.g., consulting on XYZ, write ABC, craft reports on PQR. If you are unsure what services you can offer, look for jobs posted and see what services they are asking for. If you can provide them, include them in the overview section. 2. Check your title. When the title is used as a search term, you get zero jobs. I am sure your expertise is needed on this forum but there is probably another name for it. 3. Create a portfolio. If nothing else, you can always upload papers you have published.  

Given your statistics background, I wish we could collaborate on a project 🙂 Good luck, I am sure you will soon get some traction on this platform. 

Dear Aditi,

I would like, if you may, for you to review my profile and tell me if it is good for start.
Profile picture, tags and everything.
I hope it is professional.
I am open to all kind of critic.

Thank you very much and have a good day.

Kemal R

Kemal, I am amazed at your modest or humble approach. Hey, if I were nominated for an Oscar movie - that would be the first thing in my portfolio!! I'd would urge you to develop a portfolio and an introduction video. Create a separate profile for Web developer title. You can then have separate rates for it. On Upwork good voice artists often outearn web developers 🙂 . I don't know Joe M at all. But his profile stands out when I do a quick search for voice artists. It's clear, quirky, and most importantly, focused on providing service. Maybe that might be an inspiration to you to highlight your strengths. 

Hope this helps. Good luck, I am sure you will get plenty contracts here. 

Thank you very much for your response. I need to get adapted around here, I don't know what I need and where. But your instructions showed me the path.

Have a nice day ❤️

Hi Aditi. I'm new on upwork and sending proposals to the clients. Would you be kind enough to take some times to look at my profile and give me some suggestions if I need to change anything?
Thanks.

LOL, I recently had reviewed another Mrinmoy S. I assumed you were the same person with a new profile pic. But out of curiosity, if you (actually the other Mrinmoy S.) had made any progress, I clicked your profile and realized that you are a different person!! My apologies for not getting back to you sooner. 

Here are a few suggestions: Consider removing those green checkmarks and use plain bullet points. Consider adding more portfolio items, more catalog items. In the overview section, one can talk about skills but in portfolio section, you have to show them. This demonstration of skill helps in winning contracts. Kudos on certifications and start-up experience. Consider getting some testimonials from your previous clients. 

Good luck. The other Mrinmoy S is now a rising talent! I wish you the same and many more milestones.  

Hi Aditi.

I'm new here, if you have spare time can you help me review my profile, please?

My profile its not professional because my skillset still limited but it sums myself I guess.

I'm open for tips or critics.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Septiana Yoga

Sepitana, you have a good start there and all you need is one skill!! 🙂 Like Walt Disney said - “Do what you do so well that they will want to see it again and bring their friends.”

Consider some ideas: I would encourage you to add more portfolio items. Also, create more projects of varied range of budgets - some smaller ($5 and some larger $100). Your translator profile has not portfolio. Consider creating a portfolio for that too. Do you have any formal education? e.g. high-school or college etc. Consider adding that too. Ensure correct grammar e.g., you no longer work at Wahana. But the description states you still work there. 

Good luck, I think you will get good contracts on this platform.    

d4970457
Community Member

hi all

i would love to get help on how to  create an outstanding profile

Merab, Isn't B.Tech a degree related to technology? I think you might find those technology jobs on this platform. Nothing wrong in being an admin support, if that's what you want to do. However, given that you do have a specialized degree, you could possibly earn more as a techie. 

paulpuppet
Community Member

Would appreciate your opinion and help. Paul M.

9fba4583
Community Member

Hello, I am one day old on Upwork. I would like to have suggestions on my profile, from the perspective of an employer.

Thank you.

38187b48
Community Member

Hello,

Please have a look at my profile. Let me know what you have to say about it.

Many thanks,

Jackline.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths