🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Fre...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi New Upwork Freelancers!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,582 REPLIES 3,582

Hello Tiffany,

I'd love to get feedback on my profile. I've already asked for it a few months ago but without luck. Could you do it? Thanks in advance!

Best, 

Luciana 

Hi Luciana,

Congrats on the Rising Talent Badge! 

Thanks for your message. I'm Upwork Success Partner and an independent professional on Upwork for more than 6 years, and I'll be happy to share a few tips on how you can improve the marketability of your profile:

• You have one specialized profile but it doesn't seem to align with the information in your All work profile.  To ensure all of your expertise is captured using the features of specialized profiles, you might want to consider adding a specialized profile to showcase your skills. You can review a list of all of the options here to help you select the most relevant one. You can have up to two of these profiles which can help you show off different areas of work and market to specific types of clients.
    • If you have more than one area that you are trying to provide services in you can create each profile to show off your skills and work in that area.  You're targeting two different types of clients and should have a profile that speaks to each of them.
  • Add additional information into your Employment section. Some types of information you could include in your details are your duties, if you worked independently or with a team, and any major accomplishments.
  • In the Other Experiences area, you can add information about any other activities you’re involved with that highlight your skills.  For example, you can mention volunteer work, team sports, or other hobbies. These are great conversation starters and demonstrate that you do more than just work which adds another dimension to your profile.

Additionally, you could increase the exposure of your profile by adding a Project to the Project Catalog. 

• Consider adding this feature and some items about the service you provide as well as an image to catch the client's eye. You can review popular projects and get some inspiration from other talent here.

I encourage you to visit the Upwork Events page for past and upcoming educational events. It might help you learn more about how to get started and be successful on Upwork. There is a great session to check out called Upwork Power Webinar: Winning Profiles to get even more tips.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Tiffany F. | Upwork Success Partner

priyaim
Community Member

Hi, 

This seems great. Can Upwork Experts have a look at my profile and let me know if I can improve upon it? I just noticed under My Stats> Profile Views that I have got only one view in the past 90 days!

That's a bit dissapointing since I have been applying for jobs almost every day! Are the clients even viewing my profile? 

priyaim
Community Member

Hi, 

I have a public profile which is complete with all the essentials. i have been consistently applying for jobs. But the profile views under My stats show that I havent got any views as yet.

Are the clients even getting proposals? Or is there a glitch in my profile settings. 

kinyungu
Community Member

I'm new here kindly review my profile and let me know what to do to be considered for the jibs

Hi Kennedy,

Welcome to Upwork, we're glad to have you here! Here's a couple of helpful tips to get you started:

• Make sure your profile is 100% complete: Note that a 100% complete profile is not only a good sign for Clients, but it also helps you qualify for Upwork Talent Badges. I completely understand it can be confusing to figure out how to get a 100% complete profile if you're new to Upwork, however, the upside to it is that there are so many ways and combinations.

• Link a social account: Linking an account provides Upwork with additional information that we use to verify your identity and consider you for our Premium freelancer program, which connects you to the right jobs faster, and it helps you get closer to 100% complete profile. You can link your public account from the following websites to your Upwork account:  Twitter, StackOverflow, Dribble, GitHub, Behance, and DeviantART

Upwork will not post or interact with these sites on your behalf and will not display  the account on your Upwork profile.
  • Employment History: Including relevant details about your work/employment history can help clients understand your background, both on and off of Upwork. I noticed you don’t have anything listed in your employment history. I suggest you add relevant details to employment history to help clients understand your background (both on and off of Upwork). It might help to focus on projects or roles that are related to the type of projects you want. Add a brief description about responsibilities and examples of accomplished projects for each role. If you have any longer projects, I suggest you list them as it shows your experience and loyalty to clients. It also establishes your credibility as an independent professional.
    • If you don’t have employment history, consider adding your independent professional business as one line item, with a brief description summarising your focus.

• Also, your profile overview is short compared to the average. Upwork’s research shows clients see it as a positive signal if the profile is well written and comprehensive. Therefore, consider crafting your overview as a pitch to prospective clients. Here are some helpful tips for writing a great Overview.

Let us know if you need more help!

Nadja

rezaul_k017
Community Member

I am eagerly waiting for someone expert to review mine, Please.

dhavalgoti0547
Community Member

Me & one of my friend is working as a team. We have submitted proposal to get work but did't received any feedback from anyone so I just want to know where we are lacking or need to improve ourselves. We are accountant with ahving more then 9 year of experience including 4 years of Australian Accounting. please look at below our profile. Can you help us to get improvement of our profile?

We have 9 years of experience in the Accounting field up to the finalization of Books of Accounts. We can provide you Month-end reports, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable management, Ledger Scrutiny, Bank Reconciliation, Payroll, IAS , BAS & Super. We have experience to work in Xero,MYOB, SAP, Tally and also few other customized software like Timpack works and Axpert.

Worked in many projects/clients in Australia for their daily bookkeeping, Taxation and Payroll. We also have a team who can help to provide all kind of services in Australian accounting. We are always on the look out for improvements, adjusting and advising as required We also have experience in Lodge the BAS, IAS and Super on a timely basis. Also our aim is to Keep the account upto to date so the year end process will be smooth and easiest. Apart from above software, We use all types of software to implement client solutions. If client use something different, we are willing to learn - fast. We see our clients' businesses up close and often make suggestions on how to improve processes. We value our clients' time and money as much as our own

distinct1996
Community Member

I will also love my profile to be reviewed.

Hi Adekola,

Welcome to Upwork!

Thanks for your message. I'm Upwork Success Partner and an independent professional on Upwork for more than 6 years, and I'll be happy to share a few tips on how you can improve the marketability of your profile:

1. I noticed your profile isn't complete and I encourage you to have a 100% complete profile. Here are a few tips that might help you achieve this:

• Add additional skill tags. At this time you only have 10 skill tags and are allowed up to 15! Having the right skill tags, might help you show up in relevant search results.
  • Currently, you don't have specialized profiles. To ensure all of your expertise is captured using the features of specialized profiles, you might want to add one. Specialized profiles allow you to display more specific skills, deliverables, and more – and help power better search results and job recommendations. When clients filter their search results by specialty, only freelancers who have relevant specialized profiles will appear. 
  • Add portfolio items. Your portfolio gives you the opportunity to impress potential clients with real-life examples of your skills and expertise. If the type of work you deliver is process-based instead of visual, consider adding items to your portfolio using the Case Study template. This template is designed for you to show off the analysis, process, or methodology you used in the project. Include relevant information about the challenge, your approach, project goals, and screenshots if possible. That way, you can show the client how you contributed to previous projects and the solutions implemented.

2. Take the Upwork Readiness Test. Passing the test is required to be eligible for the Rising Talent program. If you need additional background before taking the test, read this help article.

3. A few additional tips that might help you extra polish your profile:

• Your profile overview is short compared to the average and therefore it is difficult to understand what are your key skills and services and how you can help clients achieve their goals. Help them understand your abilities better by listing information about your skills and experience in an original and creative way.  For example, expand on who you are, the services you offer, and what you’re most passionate about. Here are some additional tips for writing a great Overview
  • Since you are new to Upwork, I suggest that you request and post testimonials from your previous work experience/clients to showcase your skills and abilities to attract attention to your profile.  It is a great way to vouch for your background and shows clients that you are reliable and experienced

I encourage you to visit the Upwork Events page for past and upcoming educational events. It might help you learn more about how to get started and be successful on Upwork. There is a great session to check out called Upwork Power Webinar: Winning Profiles to get even more tips.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Tiffany F. | Upwork Success Partner

begum_sayeda
Community Member

That's amazing ! I am reqesting feedback from you guys. Thank you. 

Hi Sayeda,

Your profile is private. Set it to public, so that you can get feedback on your profile.

Thank You

Suman B.

xiankun
Community Member

Im a newbie here in upwork and i am having a hard time getting my first client. Maybe this has to do with my profile. I hope someone can help me, i would really appreciate it.

aditipie
Community Member

Christian, you have been on Upwork since 2017 but I assume you did not use it much. It is never too late. Glad that you are now a part of this community. Here are a few suggestions: 1. Consider adding a portfolio of services you provide. Include one item for service you offer. 2. Skills list can have up to ten skills. I can see only four on your profile. Consider adding those. If you do not have additional skills then its fine to leave it at four. You can use this down time (i.e. when you don't have clients) to develop more skills. 3. Add a description of services in the overview section. 

I hope this helps. Good luck. 

Hi thanks for getting back to me. i get you suggestion and i will keep in
thanks so much to give me best suggestion ..
83c3b283
Community Member

Anyone, please check my profile. I am new on Upwork. I have experience of work outside of Upwork. Now I want to provide my service on Upwork. please take a look at my profile for suggestions.

shahzaib-zafer
Community Member

Hi Upwork Community members, Hope so all serving well.

A few days ago, I have seen a post from our community guru's that they are introducing a new mechanism for the support of new freelancers to start their career with Upwork. They request from the top-rated freelancers and Agencies to provide a review after checking the Profile. 

Please take a visit to my Profile and left a review. here's my profile link

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01b8dcd834c284e2bc?viewMode=1&s=1110580755057594368

Please! it's my humble request from gurus and agencies to help me to make my career at this amazing Platform.

Wishing best for all of you.

Thanks

Shahzaib.

manoj-talekar
Community Member

Hi, pls go through my profile and pls let me know whatever changes that would be highly appreciated. 

Thankyou 

Manoj T wrote:

Hi, pls go through my profile and pls let me know whatever changes that would be highly appreciated. 

Thankyou 

Hi Manoj,

I reviewed your profile and have a few tips to share that might help you make it better:

• I would recommend you have your profile 100% complete.  A complete profile is not only a good sign for Clients, but it also helps you qualify for Upwork Talent Badges.
  • Your profile overview is short compared to the average and it is difficult to understand what are your key skills. So you might consider adding more information about the services you offer to help clients understand your abilities better. For instance, you can have an introduction paragraph, a separate paragraph for skills, and one for the experience. In this way, you might emphasize certain areas.
  • Your title showcases translation services but is not clearly noted in which languages you are providing these services. I see you have one completed project that specifies the languages, so it might be helpful to specify this in your title and profile overview. 
  • I encourage you to add portfolio items as it gives you the opportunity to impress potential clients with real-life examples of your skills and expertise.
  • I see you haven't added any items in your Employment History section. If you don’t have an employment history, consider adding your career as an independent professional as one line item, with a brief description summarizing your focus.

I hope this is helpful!

Best,
Dafina

karim_isaac
Community Member

Dear All,

I am a new freelancer and would like you to view my profile. Frankly speaking, I don't know how to represent myself and show my work. Please help!

Thanks,

Karim

Karim, your profile is not public. 

edupluscentre
Community Member

Hello,

Am new in upwork. Any suggestions please?

Regards,

Zeinab

@Zeinab M, First of all, you have to make your profile 100% complete. Something is pending like Portfolio, Other work experience and specialized skills. But you have already completed the job that is a good gesture for your profile. Best Wishes!!  However, our GURU community will guide you more professionally and efficiently.

sumanfl
Community Member

Can anyone please help to review my profile? It will be very helpful to me.

aditipie
Community Member

Suman, you have a well-written profile. Few suggestions: 1. The overview section for specialized profile is well-written but 'all work' needs to be revised to focus on services you offer. 2. There is redundancy in the overview section and video. Some redundancy helps is reinforcing the point. However, consider revising the overview section. 3. Skills list has less than 10 words. Consider adding more words. 

I believe, you are doing well on this forum. Good luck.   

sumanfl
Community Member

Hi Aditi,

Thank you very much for review my profile. I have implemented all the points as per your suggestion. It was very important to review my profile. So that I can rectify my faults.

Thanks Again

Suman B.

Kindly consider my profile also. I have applied for too many jobs but there is no progress yet.

0b0b3950
Community Member

I would love this, please go ahead and give your review
acedesignhub
Community Member

Hi,

Posting again since there was no response to my last request, already tried to improve few things after reading suggestions to other's profiles, maybe this time someone can review and give me feedback.

Thanks

vincent-wambua
Community Member

Hi, my profile is visible to all. however, I have not gotten any job to work on. Please help 

c5223a45
Community Member

Hii, I have a problem every time I bid on some offer it is rejected by upwork and my connects goes to waste.

I don't know how to tackle this issue.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thank You.

c567d550
Community Member

Hi, kindly check mine.

d939ff85
Community Member

I would very much love and appreciate that.

fc2e1496
Community Member

I would love if you all could check my profile and let me know what needs to change. I'm just starting and would appreciate all feedback.

Laura, that's a great start. The overview section is primarily meant for providing more information about services you provide. Other areas that could be changed are portfolio, testimonials, introduction video etc. Here's an article that might help you:   

https://www.upwork.com/resources/9-tips-create-freelancer-profile-stands-out

Take your time to think through these tips (and other Upwork resources) and then make changes. I am happy to review your profile again when you have completed it. 

Good luck, I am rooting for your success.  

alphanuel
Community Member

Hello, I am new in Upwork and i call upon someone to help me better my profile to get started.

Emmanuel, glad that you have started your freelancing journey. Consider few suggestions: 1. Title needs to change as everybody is a 'freelancer'. It does not adequately describe the services you offer. 2. A portfolio will help your clients make a favorable decision about your services. Consider adding a portfolio with several items. 3. Add more skills under ghostwriting profile. 4. The overview section is too short. Add more details about services you provide. There are several Upwork resources (articles and videos) to help you develop these sections. After you read them, you can develop your profile. 

Good luck, I am sure with some diligence and persistence, you will find good clients on this platform. 

gggmacaraeg
Community Member

Hello!

Can you please take a look at my profile and see if I'm missing anything that could help me start on UpWork? 

Cheers,

Garreth

Garreth, that's a good start. Consider creating a portfolio. I'd recommend reading this article before you create a portfolio: https://www.upwork.com/resources/4-ways-create-successful-freelancer-portfolio. You are an experienced professional. Consider getting some testimonials from previous employers or clients. The overview section needs to be revised too but as you build your portfolio, you will get more ideas to revise it. 

Good luck with the portfolio. 

m_z_jony
Community Member
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths