🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelan...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi Community!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you had not received a response yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Cheers,
Mike

View solution in original post

4,578 REPLIES 4,578
08dcc626
Community Member

hello mike,

iam new to up work.please help to move forward.please check my profile and  advise me and suggest improvement.i have no connect avaialble now.How can i send proposals

Divya,

If I had need of a full time lawyer, I would snap you up in a moment at that rate. Even a lawyer waiting for a first freelance gig should charge more than that.

Your write up is fine. But your rate expresses your confidence and confidence is imporant with an online profile. If people see you aren't that sure of yourself, they aren't going to imagine that you are. And nobody wants a lawyer who isn't sure of themselves ... after all, the other name for lawyer is "safety net." 

I have heard some people say they were advised to start wirth a low rate until they get a few nice reviews. That's fine up to a point .... but that doesn't mean you have to overdo it. (Low rates also attract scammers, so beware of that, also.)

bakarekhadijat
Community Member

Hello, could anyone please take a look at my profile? Thank you for your time

Khadijat,

Your write up is fine. You need a better photo, however ... it's a great photo, but the lighting is pretty bad. 

6072d80e
Community Member

Hello!

I'm not freelancing until August or so.  I know that I need a new picture for my profile, but I'm not sure what else is good to include in your profile. Can someone critque my profile? 

Danielle, 

There's nothing to critique. It's a bit brazen to ask for feedback when there's nothing there.

I will say, when it comes to the photo, I would assume you know not to put one of you and someone else together. You have to spoonfed clients on Upwork; they are too easily confused for you to toss a curveball llike that at them.

c1add331
Community Member

Hi, I have achieved Top Rated badge as well as I reply to the interviews as soon as possible but for some days my stats are declining and I am not getting fresh interviews. Can someone please have a look at my account and let me know if there's anything I could improve to get better results ? 

Thanks 

joshirahil14
Community Member

I am not receiving invites for new jobs , can you please check my profile and let me know what is the issue.

Thanks and Regards

badaruu
Community Member

Hi,

Could someone go through my profile and provide detailed feedback on it!

29e8d334
Community Member

Hey Mike, it's been a while with no job or an interview I Appreciate taking a look at my profile, I read good tips here from other replays I'll apply them

hugocarvalhal
Community Member

Can you please take a look at my profile and give me any advice for improving it?
Thank you very much.

Hugo,

"Engineer expert in data analysis and visualization" What is that?

The trick in the world of freelance is that everyone is expected to be an expert. I look at "Engineer expert in data analysis ..." and I don't even know what that means. What are you selling. Are you selling "visualization." If so, what is that? Is that something I can hold in my hands? Is that a service? Is that a skill? 

"Engineer expert." I've heard of electrical engineers, civil engineers, mechanical engineers and a few others. What exactly is an "Engineer expert"?

I have the same problem with "data analysist." I'm not clear on that either. Are you an expert in finances or production or supply chains or education? Data -- that could be anything at all ... or am I just being dumb?

As far as Upwork, it it is assumed you are selling something -- generally a service. You need to figure out exactly what that is and spell it out for people ....  

a3d00e22
Community Member

please take a look at my profile, I need help on getting clients.

0223880a
Community Member

Hi

Can anyone please review my profile and suggest the areas which need improvement? I am a member here for quite some time but I still didn't got any job.

Looking forward for your response.

Regards

Rasmeet

Rasmeet,

"Skilled in ... HTML5" just isn't a very strong sales pitch. Where's your enthusiasm? Where's your passion?

Upwork has 17 million members, so while you are saying "Skilled in HTML5," there are 10,000 competitors who are saying, "Absoute expert in HTML5 who can bring you excellent results with an extremely fast turnaround time."

Beyond that, I hope you are continually upgrading your skills. You mention your proficiency in WordPress. Children these days know WordPress ... so keep expanding your skill set or you'll get buried in the world's fast-moving high tech environment. 

6a34885b
Community Member

Hi. Would you kindly check my profile and offer some pointers?

Peter,

I like your write up mostly. But when you say "My goal is to work in a responsible position ... "what you are saying is "I want you to give me a responsible position ..." That may be true, but your write up should explain what you can do for others, not what they can do for you.

Ask yourself what kinds of problems you can solve for your clients and write about that. "I can help you meet deadlines ..." or "I can help you reach out to the public ..." Explaining what problems you can solve for others is important ... after all, that's why they hire you.

muturicaroline
Community Member

Please review my profile

Caroline,

Hi. Welcome. 

You've got a nice write up there, but take out the line about "I'm negotiable in price." Then raise your rate to at least $10 per hour.

Your rate is important. It shows people you have confidence. Without that, you're on shaky ground.

d42742b0
Community Member

I am new on Upwork. Please check my profile and advise me on how to improve

Please check out my profile for any changes or feedback,

or if you need front end or worpress developer send me message.

thank you,

Hello Upwork Team,

I need your suggestions for my Upwork profile. Let me know if it needs any improvements.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~012e54a013b4bde129

Thanks.

Regards:

Nadeem Ehsan

99599c3a
Community Member

Hello manager. Could you see my profile and see what I can improve.

Please 

Junior,

You need a much, much better picture, one that shows your face and your shoulders, has good lighting, isn't a selfie (or doesn't look like a selfie) and clothes that you might expect a succesful translator to wear.

Secondly, look through Upwork profiles. Find some very successful translators and see how they present themselves. What do they say in their write-up? How much do they charge? Try copying what they do. For successes, look for high ranking reviews or high amounts of money earned or both.

914f0a5d
Community Member

Would you please take a look at my profile and suggest some improvements? 

ada3427c
Community Member

Would you please take a look at my profile and suggest some improvements. Please let me know everything that is Right or Wrong with my profile. I'd love the feedback. Thank you so much Tonnes. Highly appreciate the Ripple Effect 🙂

ffba60cb
Community Member

I would appreciate a review of my profile 
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0144d2c695ee5f7ceb

jotapedesign
Community Member

Hi! How are you? Could you check my profile, please? I would love get some feedback from someone with experience 😊 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~012a4fde1ab26595e3

shalini729
Community Member

Hi Mike -

My Profile is top rated with 100% Job success rate, I am applying for jobs on a daily basis but not getting responses from clients, could you please let me know why is this happening?

Also, is there any updating going on?

I feel that there are a lot of fake clients' profiles over there who have not verified Payment method, even though they are sending invitations to more than 10 people at a time, interviewing 7-8 people but they are not hiring anyone. Could you please tell me if they are real or not?

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Best Regards, 

Shalini

f15c52f7
Community Member

Kindly take a look at my profile. Link iis below.  

https://community.upwork.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/11482225

9704ac2b
Community Member

Please review my profle and  give me some feedback on how to get started. Have lot of experience in software developement but not sure how to land a client on upwork.

739aa14c
Community Member

Hi, would love some feedback as have submitted many proposals but never get any response and so want to make sure it's not my profile or that of my agency that's at fault.

Tracy,

You are the model freelancer. You've actually found that perfect niche that you can ride to great success. (Terrible metaphor,  but what the heck.)

That said, I advise you to start again, only this time write your profile headline and write-up in English.

OK, that's a dumb(ish) joke. The truth is, I don't talk or think like that. I don't say to myself, "Gee, I need to update my templates today." I don't even know what that means.

I know  I'm a pain in the backside and a moron when it comes to technology, but I still wonder if you can re-write your profile so that the average person (the average 67-year-old) can understand what the heck you are talking about.

There are lawyers aged 67, are there not?

All that said, jargon is fine. It tells people you are in the right place. You know all the terms you're supposed to know. It demonstates expertise ... but you still have to be understood. 

You might explain why it helps to have all your documents reformated. In fact, I am ghostwriting a book for a businessman who works with lawyers ... and our last session involved all the time wasted by lawyers who don't have their documentation and paperwork all synched up. So, I know you are on to something ... and I suspect you are perfect for the job. But I suggest you go to Parents at School Day and try explaining what you do to a nine-year old (or a 67-year-old) and see if that helps.

Having said all that, you say a few things liike "this could take months ..." that sound vaguely intimidating. There may be some bad news in your line of work (like how much this might cost), but don't put any of that in your write-up. Save the painful realities for your one-to-one discussions. People expect it, but you may have competition out there who sound friendlier in their profiles. 

16f7d957
Community Member

Hey there may you check mine too ?

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0113a742a0b2e4cb9d

reebarros
Community Member

Hey! I'd love to have feedback, if you may! 🙂

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~017ee7546e5ad709d7?viewMode=1

Thanks!

Renata,

I think you're being too modest. 

Being a freelancer automatically means you have to be an expert -- not "astute." And it's not an opinion. It's not "I think I'm an expert." It's: "I'm an expert ... "

The reason: There's no employer here to back you up. If you f-- it up, it's all on you. So you have to be ready to be completely confident in your abilities. 

The standard format is a short paragraph: I'm an expert at _______." Second paragraph uses the word "you" a lot. It's about what you can do for your clients. What problems can you solve? What product can you deliver? What are the results? (Better profits, better brand recognition ... a CD cover they can be proud of ... more time at the beach .... what???) 

A real pro really knows what their clients want. Maybe they want to have a disaster straightened out. Maybe they want more visitors to their website. Maybe they want more time off ... or more money. The more specific and the more real you are the better. These guys have real problems. That's why they hire you. So you better know what problems you are solving ... "My fast turnaround time will get your blood pressure down to normal." That's a dumb example, but that's how real you have to be.

And ... I didn't notice your portfolio ... but get one that shows a wide range of skills. And talk about your wide range of skills ... the more styles you can pull off the more business you will get.

Hi Anthony, I would love detailed feedback on my profile and why am not getting invites or noticed

Abubakar,

Hey. Thanks for the shout out.

You have a few giveaways in your write-up. You say "Being a professional ... " Usually, that should be "As a professional ..." You also say "content ... are." and that should be "content is." You also say "various niches under the sun." And that's a little unorthodox. The expression is "all the _____ under the sun."

In that case, you might want to find an editor who is used to the American venacular. Your writing is fine, but you syntax isn't a perfect fit for American editors.

An editor can run through all that stufff in hurry. You might be able to get a friend to do that, given you're in Washington.

Secondly, SEO is a very lucrative field. Although Upwork prices tend to be lower (and they take a percentage on top of that) SEO writers can make $100 per article or $1 per word, 

So, I recommend you learn all that you can about online marketing ... and there are millions of easy to find articles on ths subject available through a Google search or two. Then pepper your write up with some of that professional jargon. Higher paying clients want to see words like "call to action," and "inbound marketing" and "email campaigns." 

In so many words, the more you know about marketing, the better and it isn't hard to learn and it's extremely available online. If you want to go in that direction, that is. ... 

2de6eafc
Community Member

I'm interested please. Kindly check my profile

851b7abc
Community Member

Would you mind looking at my profile and suggest improvements? I'm new with upwork.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01a340f9ac113ff6f2

Thank you so much for this!

Regards,

JD

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths