🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelan...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you had not received a response yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

2,259 REPLIES 2,259
ovetu
Community Member

Hi Anthony, 
Would you please have a look at my profile!! 

Bulhameen,

You had me right up to the portfolio. It's certainly very, very, very, very suspicious for someone to brag atout their writing experience then put nothing but photos and graphics in the portfolio section. 

6ea2bbcd
Community Member

please check my profile

89fcdb34
Community Member

Hi! Please check my profile. Would love to get some feedback on how it can be improved. Thanks in advance

Weibin,

I don't see any red flags, Weibin. But I haven't a clue and never heard of your particular skillset. So ... I'm politely mum.

However -- is it friendly? Does it convince me you're an expert? Is it confident? Those are the markers you need to hit. So judge for yourself.

Good luck. Welcome aboard.

6c4dea9b
Community Member

I would Love to have my profile reviewed. Any feedback will be highly appreciated.

a_lgorepublic
Community Member

Please review my profile.

thanks

7a949b91
Community Member

I'm new to upwork and looking forward to get my first full time client. Needed your support and help. I badly need income for my family.

Irish,

Upwork is for freelancers, not people looking for employment.

The main thing is not to give up.
Let's get through.👌

1. Profile picture your profile picture is not a professional, this should be a professional one at least with a smiling face 😊.

2. Hourly Rate set your hourly rate to 10$ for now until and unless you get a job.

3. Profile description your profile description is too short. Make it little bit elaborative, like in first paragraph write about self then your experience, services and tools .

4. Portfolio add at least 3 portfolio images related your expertise, you haven't added a single portfolio image, so add portfolio image related to that company, whatever you've done for any kind of a company.

5. Introductory video please must add an introductory video about yourself, services and expertise.

6. Education must add your education.

7. Certifications add some of certifications related to your expertise, and description with keywords.

8. Share profile on social media platforms share your profile on social media like LinkedIn, Facebook etc.

e2d99147
Community Member

Dear Sir,

Most Respected,

I'm new to upwork and looking forward to get my first full time client. Needed your support and help. I badly need income for my family

ae589b52
Community Member

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~017aba050bd55de67c
Please check my profile. Any suggestion or valuable advice will be appreciated!

Zaima,

I read recently there are 12 millon freelancers on Upwork and that includes 1.5 million writers.

So, you have a lot of competition. I suggest going to your local newspaper or some regional magazine and writing a few assignments for them. Do that for a year -- two years .... then you'll be ready for Upwork.

e2d99147
Community Member

Dear sir

Thank you Anthony for your feedback.  I have added in some personal info to hopefully help establish trust.  

Hasan

Just enjoying compter graphics does not make you an expert. Sorry.

Hasan,

Trust is the operable word, for sure.

a218512e
Community Member

Hi everyone, nice to meet you all, I'm very new on Upwork and would be grateful if you can check my profile

Thomas,

Strike three. Also unconvincing.

ba719ebc
Community Member

Hello.
I am a beginner.

Adam,

Also very unconvincing.

5c9b1d51
Community Member

Hey,Kindly review my profile.

Thankyou.

Jacklne,

Your write up is not very convincing and your portolio doens't have any writing samples in it. Is this legit? It seems quesitonable.

Kindly review my profile 🙏 

Checking on that

76b4f310
Community Member

Please review my profile. Thank you.

Dominie,

I may have misread your profile previously ... I was trying to get you to make it clear that you are a writer who specializes in law and finance.

On second glance, it does seem like you do that. But to make it clearer, I would find a way to put that in your title. "Law and Finance Writer." Or "Credentialed Law and Finance Writer."  

d783c244
Community Member

Yes please check my profile

b8954666
Community Member

Thanks for this topic. I've recently been scammed by someone on Upwork that I trusted and have been left to start again.
I'd really appreciate some help - my profile is real and I am an experienced person.

Thank you!

Andrew,

That's fairly good profile. It's friendly enough.  It's confident and it convinces me you're an expert. Or you better be after 30 years.

Anyway, check out other rates on Upwork for simiilar talents. I'm not saying you aren't worth that much in the real world, but the economy is slightly less glorious on Upwork. Maybe I'm wrong ... your profile is fine otherwise.

bbb50a98
Community Member

Please check my profile and help me to make corrections where needed. 

Your profile looks great. Add Project Catalogue and Portfolio items (if possible). Also, elaborate on your professional skills in your general Profile instead of speaking about your personality. 

Am waiting too but no response 😕 

Muhammad,

Your write-up is way too long. Nobody reads those long lists of software applications that don't even sound possible. But your profile is getting you work and good reviews. Can't knock that.

Udodirim,

I don't have my glasses on .. hope I spelled your name correctly.

Anway ... I like your profile. You don't overstate anything .... you stay on comfrortable ground. Nice.

9343d2ea
Community Member

I would like you to help me get my first job

Ahrodjon,

Do you actuall design fonts or do you just pick them out of a long list of fonts made availble by some cororate program?

You have to start a freelance business with honesty.

03aed4a7
Community Member

Hi everybody!
Its a great idea. Thanks for that.
Anyone could take a look to my profile, please?

Thanks 🙂

Maria,

What does behavior design mean?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths