🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelan...
Page options
AndreaG

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was closed as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you had not received a response yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

Thanks,
~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

2,119 REPLIES 2,119
158af1cc
Community Member

Can anyone help me and let me know how is my profile 

Dear Sahrish,

Please add some of your work history and experience on your deshboard.

Regards,

Mirza Afaq

what if i am new on upwork 

You can add the prior experience and projects that you worked on before joining Upwork. It will only show your prior experience and expertise.

Dear Sir, If the work of my home country then could I use it in my portfolio? Please let me know. I will ever be happy and grateful to you.

Regards

Yes. If you have a video of the work to showcase the better.

Hi dear Mirza Afaq

Thank you for your help

Moussa Fayama

Hi MIRZA, Please kindly review my profile

thanks for help me 

I am new to Upwork. Look at my profile and let me know if should I add or remove something. My profile link- https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01bcd6d1b32b8c79d0

Please glance through my profile as well, thanks

Hello! I am new to Upwork. Please, take a look at my profile and let me know if I can improve it. Thank you!

Hello!

I think you can add more examples of what you were actually doing, actual responsibilities of your previous/current work.

please help me 

Sehrish,

Take the services you offer portion of your write up and put it up at the top. Everybody already knows that the work you do requires creativity and good communication, so all that top section is pretty much filler. People want to know what services you offer so put that at the top and move the filler to the bottom.

Thanks Anthony.

How do I put, for example a specific job I had, to the top?

Masood,

I'm not clear on your question, but I imagine the answer is any way you see fit.

On my profile, I said something like "From my 2021 Reviews ..." and then I cut and paste a couple of my favorite reviews. Is that what you mean?

Anyway, your own profile could use a change or two. 

First, change the word "obsessed" with "dedicated" or something like that. Obsessed has negative conotations. People might react negatively to that word.

Secondly, you barely got started and suddenly you wrote about your involvement in mentoring and tutoring. That comes out of nowhere. You're supposed to focus on your audio tech skillis and out of the blue you're writing about how you used to teach children English and music.

As I said, you barely got going on your audio skills before abruptly changing directions. It makes no sense to talk about your experience teaching when you are trying to sell your skills in audio productions. You had not even found much traction on the audio pitch, anyway. It seems like suddenly you just gave up.

Get your focus back. Scratch out the stuff on mentoring kids and talk about your audio production skills and achievements.

Thanks Anthony.

So much wisdom in this post. Thank you Anthony.

Kindly check your profile

Masood,

Try "I am an expert sound and audio technician with seven years of experience who has worked with a variety of clients from _______ to _______."

Anything that mentions clients up top ... is that the idea?

Hello Anthony, 

Will you be kind enough as to check my profile? 

And offer your generous tips afterward... Thank you. 

Hi dear Anthony.

Thank you for your help

Moussa Fayama

A warm hello to you Moussa. 

I trust you are doing well. 

I am a newbie freelancer combing the marketplace for opportunities. 

I wanted to ask if the feedback has helped you so far?

And how you are making your way to success currently. 

Hope to hear from you soon. 

Hello Anthony, 

Everyone is asking for your review, you seem expert to me. 

Could please take a look at my profile and let me know what should i improve or how do i represent myself ?

Sehrish,

Please place your Summary into 3 short paragraphs and remove the numbering and use all 15 Skills if they apply. Have a wonderful day!

Hey William! Nice to meet you on upwork, I need some suggestions, can you visit my profile i am not getting job since 1 year.

You might remove "Hello! My name is Muhammad Ehsan" since this is information they have from elsewhere in your profile. 

For your "WHY CHOOSE ME OVER OTHER FREELANCERS?" list, I would add additional bullets. You have just the one bullet of Client Reviews, and it is awkward to have a list with only one item on it. 

A pleasant hello to you Nicole,

May I trouble you to check my profile?

And offer pointers on what to do better.

Feel like I'm pleading on the write-ups. 😅

Thank you. 

Hello William,
Can you please help  me to review my profile.
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/binau

i have done 3 task with 5star review but now i am not win aafter that any bid. and whre is show 100% scrol on my profile. or rising talent option guide me please.

Experience freelancers should please help me to review my profile

Perfect. 

Hello Kamran. 

I don't intend to spam multiple experts but the more the merrier/helpful.

So if you would please check my profile and offer helpful feedback, I will appreciate and use it. 

Thank you. 

yes

tell me what is the problem

You have a typo, "lending" instead of "landing." It is not a good first impression to see a typo and worry you might make a similar mistake on a graphic design project. Fix that for sure! 

what should I do as a new freelancer on Upwork? 

Upwork community, please tell me how my profile is improved.

Add something you can do or what experience you have

cptjuno
Community Member

Hi Sehrish,

I am new to Upwork too. I think you need a clearer, more professional picture of yourself. Take out all the emoji pics (not professional).

Your heading should be Social Media Marketing Expert

I simplified your profile -

Hello! My name is Sehrish,

I am an experienced social media marketer with extensive knowledge and skills. I am proficient on all social media platforms, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.

My Skills Include-

• Managing all aspects of social media accounts
  • Creating and scheduling posts
  • Content creation
  • Writer
  • Campaign and Strategy Development
  • Data Analysis
  • Customer Service and Engagement

Contact me now to elevate your social media presence and achieve your marketing goals!

I hope that helps.

Best of luck,

June

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths