🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelan...
Page options
AndreaG

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was closed as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you had not received a response yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

Thanks,
~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

2,119 REPLIES 2,119

exellent

Your profile is great can you help me to find our a job at upwork **Edited for Community Guidelines** is my fb id please response me if you can i'm very thankfull to you

Hey Sehrish, 

I checked your profile. It looks fine. The only thing I suggest you put keywords at the bottom of your bio after # tag. for example: #contentmarketing.  It will increase your reach for new work.  

--

"Stay hungry, stay foolish"

I agree, add some experience to your page even if its not Upwork experience. 

9d40957b
Community Member

i would appreciate if any one took a look at mine 

Iskandar,

Please add more content to the  Summary and use all 15 Skills IF they apply so your profile can be found. Have a great day!

thank you, 

you too

Can you please review mine too.

Thanx. 

Hey, please check out my profile too! thanks a bunch

I have purchased up-work membership. And start working on up-work full-time. But it's been more than 2 weeks since I lost my all connects on applying for a bunch of projects. But I am unable to win any project. I'm not getting a chance to show my expertise even though I have developed many projects in my past career for multiple companies. I have displayed them in my showcase but still not responsive enough. I have 3 years of experience in a professional environment. This much experience is not helping me out in growing on upwork.
I am unable to figure out where is the problem. Is that in my proposals or in my profile?
Hoping or guidelines and support.

It can be frustrating when you're not getting any projects despite having a good track record and experience. Here are some tips that may help you get more attention from potential clients:

1. Review your profile and proposals: Take a close look at your profile and proposals to make sure that they are well-written, professional, and accurately reflect your skills and experience. Make sure to highlight your strengths and past achievements, and be specific about the type of projects you are interested in.

2. Customize your proposals: Make sure that you're tailoring your proposals to the specific projects you're applying for. This shows that you've taken the time to understand the client's needs and are offering a solution that's tailored to their specific requirements.

3. Network with other freelancers: Building relationships with other freelancers in your field can be a great way to get more exposure and find new projects. You can do this by participating in online forums and groups, or by reaching out to other freelancers directly.

4. Improve your skills: Consider taking courses or workshops to improve your skills and stay up-to-date with the latest technologies and trends in your field. This can help you stand out from the crowd and give you a competitive edge.

5. Be patient: Finally, remember that success on Upwork takes time. Don't get discouraged if you're not getting projects right away. Keep working on your profile and proposals, and continue to reach out to potential clients. With persistence and effort, you will eventually find success on Upwork.

Appreciated brother. It was helpful and motivational lines.

Hi Nazmul 

Thanks a lot for your help

Moussa Fayama

Very true. Thanks. 

Very motivating post Nazmul.

Can I please trouble you to check my profile and offer helpful feedback 

Sadiya,

Unfortunately, most people who hire writers want writers who aren't unduly creative, but they can fill the page with logical content that is either quickly done or well researched. 

There are folks who hire creative writers, but even they are pretty conservative. They don't want a lot of flair necessarily.

Think of it this way. You have a house to sell. You spruce it up in order to sell it and one of the things you do is paint the house a really dazzling shade of purple. To you it looks great. But the first buyer comes along and turns it down, saying, "Does it have to be purple?"

So you want a profile that is kind of middle-of the-road. Unfortunately, you don't want to say, "I can be very creative." Instead, you want to say, "I can get the job done by Wednesday." 

That doesn't mean you shouldn't be creative, but this is what the writing market wants. Once you get a job, you can discuss with the client how much creative leeway he or she wants to give you.

Thanks for the heads up.

Greetings William.

I would like to have more traffic to my profile and get as many clients as possible, what should I do to my profile or in general? Kindly check my profile and highlight any single mistake witnessed. I'll be grateful.

Magdalene,

Your title says you are a prudent article writer, but your write-up describes your skills in marketing and social media management. I don't get it.

If you're a writer, describe your writing skills and services. You might mention you know something about marketing but I think you should focus on the services you are trying to sell.

Hey Anthony,

I read few of your suggestions, they are amazing and seem effective. Can you please go through my profile and check if I am missing something? 

Thank you!

Shaukat,

I never saw your note until just now. I think your write up is perfect, but I got to the bottom of the summary and it said "If you're looking for a designer you can trust ..." and in all the skills and narrative that proceeds this there isn't one mention of you as a designer. 

Did you cut and paste from someone else's summary? It seems odd to talk about administrative tasks and then at the end change over to "If you're lookikng for a designer you can trust ..."

Did I miss something? I thought your summary was great until then. 

Thanks Anthony H
Moussa Fayama

Welcome

Can you please review mine too?

Thanx

Welcome

Hey I need your help please check my profile and suggest me what I do for getting my projects 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01aff4b88f5e043968

I can provide some general tips on how to increase your chances of getting
projects:

Develop a strong portfolio: showcase your previous work and highlight
your skills and expertise. Be sure to include examples of projects that
demonstrate your ability to deliver high-quality work.

Establish an online presence: create a professional website, LinkedIn
profile, and social media accounts to showcase your skills, experience, and
interests. Make sure your profiles are up-to-date, and that they convey a
professional image.

Network with potential clients: attend events, conferences, and meetups
in your industry to meet potential clients and colleagues. Connect with
them on LinkedIn and follow up with personalized messages.

Apply to relevant job boards and freelance marketplaces: search for
freelance opportunities on job boards such as Upwork, Freelancer, and
Fiverr. Make sure to tailor your applications to each specific opportunity
and highlight your relevant experience and skills.

Leverage word-of-mouth referrals: ask satisfied clients to recommend you
to their colleagues or networks. Encourage them to leave positive reviews
and testimonials on your website or social media profiles.

Remember that building a successful freelance career takes time, effort,
and dedication. Stay committed, focus on your strengths, and continuously
improve your skills to increase your chances of landing projects.

How long have you been working on Upwork?

Dear sister basically I am a PhD education aspirent having 15 years
teaching and management experience.
Sorry for your help
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Best regards
Zia

Please view my profile too and advise accordingly. 

fb8f7086
Community Member

helle andrea, hope your day was greate,or gonna be great, can you please review my profile and let me knwo what the point that should i improve/add/modify to be better potential at Upwork

Oussama,

Please go to your Setting and turn the profile to Public instead of Private so we can view it. Thanks!

Hi, William, I love the way you help me.
I don't think it helps everyone.
I think all employees should have this kind of helping attitude

Hi Yamin,

And I am not even an employee; just another freelancer on the site. Have an amazing day!

Sir can you help me by checking my profile?

William how are you please review my profile

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01aff4b88f5e043968

a890dedc
Community Member

Hello experienced freelancers, I am seeking feedback on my Upwork profile to help me stand out and attract more clients. If you have a moment, could you please take a quick look at my profile and let me know what areas I can improve on? I would appreciate any suggestions or tips you have to offer on how I can present my skills and experience more effectively. Thank you for your time and support.

Rehan,

Here are some of the main TIPS for everyone to follow:

PROFILE: Always complete your Upwork Profile before applying for Jobs. Create a Title and Skills to apply for Jobs to match what Clients are searching for. Use one or two of the Skill keywords in the Title to emphasize what you bring to the table for the Client. Create 3 or 4 short paragraphs in the Summary. If the Summary is too long, most Clients will not read the rest of your Profile; too short then there isn't enough information for a Client to hire. Use all 15 Skills IF they apply. The Skills are used to assist a Client in locating your Profile via search. Add your Portfolio and always use a colorful image. Consider adding a Project Catalog if it applies. By the way, it goes without saying make sure that your Profile Settings are on Public not Private so others can view the Profile.

854d6de8
Community Member

Please help me and check my profile again. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths