🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelan...
Page options
AndreaG

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Update: This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thanks,
~Andrea
Upwork
1,340 REPLIES 1,340

Hi William, can you please take a look at my profile and share your thoughts?

Hi Hossain,

Please modify your Title something like "Web Design and Web Development". Modify the Employement descriptions to one short sentence each. Finally start to work on your Cover Letter. Click the Academy link on the top of the page for success TIPS. Thanks!

Hi William! Could you please review my profile? I've been following you here for a while. I read your posts about changing our strategy on Upwork. I made some changes in my profile for this, but I'm not sure if I found the right strategy.

Hey there, William. It would be fantastic if you could assist me in reviewing my profile and give advice in cover letter, which would really help me in furthering my career.

Hi  William,

Please review my profile and provide feedback. Let me know if there are any changes or updates needed.

Hello, I'm Rostislav, I'm a beginner freelancer, I want to complete my first order, but clients do not respond to my offers, I have already made many connections and all to no avail, please help me

Hi, Please review my profile and provide feedback. Let me know if there's any changes or updates needed to be fixed. 

Hey!
Would you mind reviewing my profile on Upwork? 

Hi William,
I'm new on upwork, can you review my profile and let me know, what changes should I do to make it look more professional.
Regards,
Rizwan!🙂

Hello William, kindly review my profile.

Hi William, I'm a top-rated freelancer for more than 1 year and have had a constant JSS of 100% for about 6 months. But the issue is that I'm unable to get any invitation at all. Meanwhile, people with JSS below 80 get tons of invites.

Any Solution? I'm a getting frustration

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/allroundergfx

Please review my profile and provide feedback. Let me know if there are any changes or updates needed.

Hi William,

Hi William

will you please review my profile?

Can you please review my profile

Hi Laiba, 

I'm not an expert in Upwork yet, but I tried to review your profile and it shows me that is private.

Wao. Thanks for this notice. How do I make it public?

If you want to be successful in getting the first job, when you send the proposal it should not be too big. I can good luck

Helpful

Hello Laiba. Just thought I should inform you that your profile is set to private.

Hello! I am new to upwork

Hello Laiba s you and your profile is very very good and nice 

Your profile is set to private how to see

why do you think that need it?

please review profle it will great help for me

29ed642b
Community Member

Hello everyone would appreciate feedback on my profile and also tips on how I can get my first job. I have sent over 10 proposals since joining.

Thanks.

Hello Manda,

Create a synergized Title, Summary, and Skills to apply for Jobs to match what Clients are searching for. Use one or two of the Skill keywords in the Title to emphasize what you bring to the table for the Client. Create 4 short paragraphs in the Summary. If the Summary is too long, most Clients will not read the rest of the Summary; too short then there isn't enough information for a Client to hire. The first two sentences of the Summary are the most important because they are visible to the client as they search for a freelancer. Thanks!

Thanks🙂

Please madam 

I'm new here Help me check if my profile is okay to carry on thank you 

Please can you review my profile 

Hi Faheem,

Please follow the same instructions given to Manda plus add your Portfolio, a Project Catalog and Job Experience sections. Have a wonderful day!

Hey William,

Can you please, review my profile. It will be really kind of you. Let me know your point of view and suggestions.

Hello Manda,

I'm not a veteran on Upwork but I wanted to share my suggestion. I think starting with "Hello, my name is Manda" is not compelling first sentence for the client. I believe you can directly start with the "value" you offer for them like "I'm here to ...." "Let me help you with ..." It can be more intriguing. Best of luck,  

Great support 

9bbb437d
Community Member

Same here - 

I would really appreciate feedback on my profile and also tips on how I can get my first job. I have sent tonnes of proposals as well since joining and my profile is at 100 percent completeness. Might anyone also have some tips on what triggers Upwork to request you for identity verification?

Thanks.

Emma,

Create a synergized Title, Summary, and Skills to apply for Jobs to match what Clients are searching for. Use one or two of the Skill keywords in the Title to emphasize what you bring to the table for the Client. Create 4 short paragraphs in the Summary. If the Summary is too long, most Clients will not read the rest of the Summary; too short then there isn't enough information for a Client to hire. The first two sentences of the Summary are the most important because they are visible to the client as they search for a freelancer. Use all 15 Skills IF they apply. The Skills are used to assist a Client in locating your Profile via search. Thanks!

Hello everyone,

I'm Nancy, a writer who is new to Upwork.

On the platform I've gotten 3 jobs with 2 great clients.

Submitting proposals have proven futile lately, as most clients leave their job posts unattended for weeks to months.

I'm really looking forward to getting more invites and offers.

Does anyone have any advice or recommendations?

Thanks.

Hi Nancy,

Congratulations on the clients you did get! That's a win any day of the week. On that note, I do  understand the frustration. I had an interview with a client and was expecting a second interview, then they went on vacation, then I went on vacation, and suddenly the job was closed a month later. But a second active proposal landed an interview with an even better client. Here's what I wrote them after a week or so, 'Hi! Just checking in to see where  you are on this project. I'm writing now as my schedule is beginning to fill for the next few months and I want to be sure to leave a space open for you.' 

What kind of writing do you do? How do you 'vet' the clients you want to work with? I've found that finding good clients on Upwork is a bit like going to a Flea Market. You have to go through A LOT of junk before you discover the treasured item you didn't know you wanted that happens to be valuable. Ex: I bought a pure silver tray at a yard sale. They were selling it for a $1 because they didn't know what they had. 

Have you also looked at writing adjacent projects like editing, beta reading, or narration? These fill my days while I'm working on the next proposals. And if you write Romance? You should be swimming in contracts! Ultimately, the idea is to niche in the beginning to something specific, then expand from there.

Let us know how it goes, and cheers to your next best client!

Thanks a lot Lisa.

I'm currently into blog writing in the health, travel, lifestyle, beauty and fitness niche.

At the moment I'm open to spreading my tentacles to editing ad narrating.

You also mentioned romance.

I'll love to get started there, with the hopes of getting more offers.

Lisa, 

Your WWII memoir has a missing letter in the first sentence ... it's an "h."

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths