🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelan...
Page options
AndreaG

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Update: This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thanks,
~Andrea
Upwork
1,340 REPLIES 1,340

Hey Kate, I have reviewed your account and here are some suggestions for you.

1. Introductory video.
  2. Add Portfolios.
  3. Add Certification.
  4. Keep the availability hours option to open as needed because it is more conviebent and trusable.
  5. Add more skills.
  6. Complete the education section and add all your education.
  7. split one skill into multiple skills/parts and add them to experience tab seperatly.
  8. Add catalogues as much as possible.
  9. Add Consultations.
  10. Add relevant certifications.

Thanks

Tajamul

10f0e6a6
Community Member

This is just great information! Look at mine too. Thank you in advance. 👨‍🎓

Hi Mikhail.  I advise you to take New to Upwork: Getting Started. Add some portfolio, Profile photo best practices, change the photo, edit the profile title, and profile overview. These parts start to learn first, there are examples there.  

Hey Mikhail, I have reviewed your account and here are some suggestions for you.

1. Introductory video.
  2. Keep your charges low because you have no work record.
  3. Make the summary attractive.
  4. Add Portfolios.
  5. Add Certification.
  6. Keep the availability hours option to open as needed because it is more conviebent and trusable.
  7. Add more skills.
  8. Complete the education section and add all your education.
  9. split one skill into multiple skills/parts and add them to experience tab seperatly.
  10. Add catalogues as much as possible.
  11. Add Consultations.
  12. Add relevant certifications.

Thanks

Tajamul

5ee30004
Community Member

In my opinion it does not work. Vote for those who have not changed anything after that

haroon8
Community Member

No one is reviewing my profile. What is the benefit of this?If no one is reviewing ??

My profile: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~019a716a81f088f9d9

d2eddf7f
Community Member

Hello! Could you see my profile please.

haroon8
Community Member

Can anyone please review my upwork profile?

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~019a716a81f088f9d9

Haroon,

All of this should be deleted:

"
Do you want to write emails, sales pages, and ad copy that brings Revenue—do you want to improve your ad copy conversions and boost revenue through a convertible copy?  Are you tired of seeing your emails in the spam or promotional folder...

If your answer is "YES," then you're in the right place. People spend hours writing emails, sales pages, posts, landing pages, etc., which, according to them, are the best and contain everything that would force their readers to convert into their customers...but Are they right? 

However, they still find their emails to be:  1. Less engaging  2. Less converting Because they do not know how to write copy that sells.

Being a copywriter....the main task is to sell through our words and mainly bring $$$ to your bank account... that is it.  This can be done ONLY if you know the "PSYCHOLOGICAL TRIGGERS" that get people to CLICK and BUY your offer... 

Do you want your customers to engage with your content? If yes, then message me!"

All of that is considered rhetorical. It tells people nothing new. They already know they need to find a copywriter or they wouldn't be reading your profile. And they don't want to be lectured to on how copywriting works. 

Your two minute lecture doesn't tell them anything about you. That's what they want to hear about. They don't want to be told the ONLY way to do copywriting is through psychological triggers. 

Tell them the stuff they don't know. Tell them about yourself and how effective your services are. They don't want to hear "Copywriting 101." 

5ee30004
Community Member

Hi. Can you please review my profile? Thank you 😉

b67c0995
Community Member

Kindly review my profile please, thank you.

701f316e
Community Member

Well, grace

fc19eafe
Community Member

Yes please have someone review my profile. This is my first time. Thank you

Lana (from Brooklyn),

I don't know from your opening paragraph whether you are adversing a service that helps peopls looking for a job (interview skills, help with resumes and such) or whether you work for employers who are looking for workers. Maybe it's both, but I think you should clear that up.

Secondly, there are some points you could make much stronger. For example, you wrote, "Proven experience in successfully implementing cost effective recruitment process and seamless onboarding process."

So, to put it bluntly, if that's the case, then prove that to your readers. Give them something to work with. You have the gloss, but where is the evidence? 

All you have to do is offer more spefics. "I worked with textile companies and reduced their recruiting costs by 10 percent." You can pick it up from there ... more specifics and less gloss will give your profile a lot more credibility.

You use words like "developing" and "managing." We all know what that means, but do we really? What do these words mean to you? Developing is comprised of actual steps, concrete actions. Tell us what they are. Managing looks like one thing in a prison and another thing in a hospital. So what specifically does managing entail from where you sit?

Like any other customer, an Upwork client wants to know what they are getting for their money. The more tangible and specific you can be the more you sound like an actual expert and the more comfortable they will be signing you on. 

e000159a
Community Member

Hi,

Please help me to Review my profile.

I'm open to any comment wich can help me.

Thanks.

4d77b328
Community Member

Hello,

I will be grateful if you can review my profile 

Regards

Randa

47eca1f1
Community Member

Can you review my profile? Thanks!

Allison,

You need more paragraphs, so the readers' eyes can rest. You wrote, "In the past my career .." and "I am excited ..." Those would be logical places to start new paragraphs.

The write up is great, but it lacks something. The three points to a great profile are establish yourself as an expert, be friendly and project confidence.

Your write up is very friendly. It also exudes confidence. But it doesn't make a strong case for you being an expert.

Just a few tweaks can push that across. For one, try to use the word expert somewhere. For another, write about previous successes. For another describe you craft with more of a hands-on type of sentence. In other words, describe tangible things like the styles you can produce. It helps to say, "My designs have been used for _____ and ____ and ____," which might be (coffee cups) and (advertisements) and (book covers). 

Describing tangible things and past experinces helps you sound like you know what you're doing.

Anyway, you don't have to rewrite the thing .... you just need to push that expertise factor a little harder. In my humble option. (Oh, why? Good question: If you establish yourself as an expert, people will pay attention to what you have to say. If you don't establish yourself as an expert, then what you say doesn't carry any weight. That's why you get the expertise business established as soon as possible.)

2b89f3be
Community Member

Please review my and help to make it better.

guptarajat67
Community Member

Hi Pls can you review my profile what i am missing

Regards Rajat

guptarajat67
Community Member

Respected ,

Pls can you review my profile because tried to outreach many times but not able to find 1 job opportunity

Regards Rajat

5ee30004
Community Member

Can you please review my profile. Thanks 

a847cc7d
Community Member

i want to find a job and work i have a few debts and i couldn't pay my rent this month! please help me

430c391d
Community Member

Please review my profile?

1acda426
Community Member

Hello,

I hope you are doing well. I am new on upwork please can you review my profile,

Thanks

7b8bba46
Community Member

Hi everyone 

My name is Mohsin  i am now to UPWORK 

Can you review on my profile please 

7b8bba46
Community Member

Hello 

Can you give feedback on my profile 

0c728f56
Community Member

Can someone review my Upwork profile and give valuable suggestions to what areas I need to work on?

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/rawaldal

9941862d
Community Member

Hi,

I,m new in upwork so need help from you guys. Can any one help me?

f9ad0b47
Community Member

Review my Profile

e7317296
Community Member

Dear Experienced Community Members!

I am writing to request your assistance with a profile review. As a member of this community, I greatly value the insights and expertise that you bring to the table. I am looking to improve my profile and would greatly appreciate any feedback or suggestions that you may have.

Right now I'm specifically struggling witht the fact that my prosoal are not beign viewed client. I'm looking for all possible reasons, mistakes, improvement that can fix this. 

I am hoping to receive feedback on the clarity and effectiveness of my messaging, as well as any suggestions for optimizing my profile to better showcase my skills and accomplishments. 

Regards,
Mujtaba

sijalnaqvi
Community Member

I am new on upwork and i am continously bidding on project from a month but i am not getting any project please review my profile. Thanks

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01200043884bdb3709

0911be16
Community Member

As a new Upwork user, there are several fundamental steps you must take to begin securing job opportunities on the platform. These include composing job proposals to bid on projects, uploading your portfolio and past work, and ensuring your account is fully completed

sijalnaqvi
Community Member

Hi William, Can you review my profile?

0911be16
Community Member

Yes, I saw your profile

chandon-das
Community Member

Hello

Can you please review my upwork profile.

Thank you!

eab4499f
Community Member

Can you guys review my profile please?
Thanks.

f014d765
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community! As a new freelancer to Upwork, I kindly ask for your review of my profile and feedback on any areas that could use improvement. Please feel free to suggest changes that would make my profile more appealing to potential clients. Your input is highly appreciated, thank you!. 

100acce3
Community Member

Hi Andrea

Can I please get feedback on my profile? thank you.

Regards

Ben 

saqibfaraz375
Community Member

Can you review my profile and let me know if anything needs to be changed?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths