🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelan...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi New Upwork Freelancers!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,582 REPLIES 3,582

Jamila L wrote:

Thank you Maria T, 

The images are straight on my computer, yet when I load them into Upwork, it rotated some and not others, do you have any suggestions on how to fix this? Thank you again for your input, I will get this fixed immediately.

Hi Jamila, I have no idea why this is happening. I have ever read it as a problem for other freelancers.
I'll bookmark your post to see if a moderator can help you.
By the way, a great portfolio.
You sure are lucky here.

Thanks again Maria!!!

I will look to see if I can resolve it as well. Really appreciate the
feedback, Take a look at my page next week if you don't mind to see if I
made the appropriate changes,

Thank you, have a wonderful afternoon

Maria T,

I fixed my images!!! If you wouldn't mind, take another look at my page and let me know if all looks better. Thank you,

Jamila L wrote:

Maria T,

I fixed my images!!! If you wouldn't mind, take another look at my page and let me know if all looks better. Thank you,

Now they are perfect.

Jamila L wrote:

I would love some assistance, Thank you

Forget everything you ever learned about resumes. 

Starting with your headline. Will a client be looking for a person working at this specific company? No. So you missed your chance to have a catchy SEO optimized headline. 

Your overview? A list of skills, not even 2 full lines. 

Nice portfolio, though. Rework everything else to make it as stylish as your portfolio. Picture is good too. 

Hi Martina P,

Can you help me to make this look better?  I thought that it was set up correctly, maybe I am missing something as you stated.  What would you suggest, in detail, I am open for the information.

Thank you,

Jamila L wrote:

Hi Martina P,

Can you help me to make this look better?  I thought that it was set up correctly, maybe I am missing something as you stated.  What would you suggest, in detail, I am open for the information.

Thank you,

You need to aquire a completely different mindset when freelancing. I can't teach that in an hour or a week. Start by researching your competition, and always look at their profiles from a client's perspective. Spend a good amount of hours on this exercise. 

e647b089
Community Member

Hi! Can someone please review my profile please 🙂

@e647b089 wrote:

I do not know anything about your field, I can only tell you to separate the text into paragraphs, it is difficult to read.
I would remove the first sentence and move it to the end as a closing.

Jasmine P wrote:

You talk only about yourself, when you should be talking to or about the client. Lose the third person narrative (first sentence) completely. Sorry to say, but you are rambling. Be succint. But most importantly, I don't know what services you want to provide. What exactly are you doing for your client? I want to see the skills you offer. 

Hi, this is my third month on upwork and I just got my JSS. I just wanted to know why it's 75% when all my reviews were good and 5*

Hi Abubakar, your JSS is your JOB SUCCESS SCORE, it doesn't have anything to do with your feedback tho partially, it has to do with the time frame (how fast you submit your job and respond to them).

Well not to worry, if you improve on submitting your jobs quick, the job success score updates every two weeks, it has to do with your performance for two weeks, so make sure you do your best submitting before the deadline and meeting deadlines.

I started my JSS with 89 but now am on 92 , so it increases as long as you meet up deadlines.

Ayomide V wrote:
Well not to worry, if you improve on submitting your jobs quick, the job success score updates every two weeks, it has to do with your performance for two weeks, so make sure you do your best submitting before the deadline and meeting deadlines.

I started my JSS with 89 but now am on 92 , so it increases as long as you meet up deadlines.

Please don't create more confusion than there is already about JSS.
It is true that if you successfully close contracts in the two weeks between JSS updates, it may increase. But this depends on more things, amount of work already done, value of the work that caused JSS to crash, etc ...
The only thing that really counts in the end is the PRIVATE FEEDBACK that the client will leave when closing the contract.
I do not know all the rules and variants, I hope that a colleague can confirm or correct what I tell you.

Ayomide V wrote:
Hi Abubakar, your JSS is your JOB SUCCESS SCORE, it doesn't have anything to do with your feedback tho partially, it has to do with the time frame (how fast you submit your job and respond to them).

Where did you get that nonsense?
JSS has everything to do with feedback. Especially with the private feedback that the client leaves when closing the contract.
And it has nothing to do with "time frame".
To help those who are looking for information, you must first have it yourself, which it seems that it is not.

Okay am sorry, I am not trying to create any confusion, I just tried to reply him because that's what I thought and that's what I noticed based on my own profile. Abubakar
I am sorry I dropped a wrong message, you could check other replies, Thank you.

Ayomide V wrote:
Okay am sorry, I am not trying to create any confusion, I just tried to reply him because that's what I thought and that's what I noticed based on my own profile. Abubakar
I am sorry I dropped a wrong message, you could check other replies, Thank you.

"What I thought" does not work here. Not only to help, but also for you.
So I would recommend, if you have not done so, that you review the forum and the help when you have any questions, do not stay with what you thought was the right thing to do Smiley Happy

310a1033
Community Member

Hi

I'm new on Upwork. Please Review my profile and let me know about rest of the things except Social Account links.

manzar0001
Community Member

Greeting, 

This is my profile description and profile link please review. Thanks 

I am Muhammad Zubair Khan an experienced Graphic Designer, a photoshop expert with experience of years. Feel free to contact me in order to create any kind of design for you. I hold expertise in making creative logos, banners, youtube thumbnails, channel arts, icons, and editing photos. I also hold expertise in website customization and beyond. You may ask for any kind of service regarding Graphic Designing, Photoshop, Word Press customization, Let me know queries if you have any. Regards, Muhammad 

Profile link here : https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/~01a7c1b83746ed91d1/

Muhammad Zubair K wrote:

Greeting, 

This is my profile description and profile link please review. Thanks 

I am Muhammad Zubair Khan an experienced Graphic Designer, a photoshop expert with experience of years. Feel free to contact me in order to create any kind of design for you. I hold expertise in making creative logos, banners, youtube thumbnails, channel arts, icons, and editing photos. I also hold expertise in website customization and beyond. You may ask for any kind of service regarding Graphic Designing, Photoshop, Word Press customization, Let me know queries if you have any. Regards, Muhammad 

Profile link here : https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/~01a7c1b83746ed91d1/

Having years of experience, you should have more material to attach to your portfolio. It does not have to be work done on Upwork.
I am not an English speaker, but it seems to me that you should review the text of your presentation.
On your Graphic Design profile, you are talking about "We are working as a team". It is your profile, not that of an agency.

26b36ff8
Community Member

Please why am I not getting clients to call me..have been submiting reviews and proposals but I haven't receive any for job,even when I try doing it for trust sake, i.e job before payment but I still don't get clients , please help me out

Christopher H wrote:
Please why am I not getting clients to call me..have been submiting reviews and proposals but I haven't receive any for job,even when I try doing it for trust sake, i.e job before payment but I still don't get clients , please help me out

Your overview is an unstructured wall of text that nobody will read. You have no portfolio. How will a client be able to evaluate your skill level?

codeiq98
Community Member

Hi, please review my profile. Thank you.
9b96b2bf
Community Member

Hi, Can you check my profile and give feedback please, because I am new at Upwork and want a suggestion from experienced Freelancers

mrasifmehboob
Community Member

Hi, Could you please help me go through my profile. I need your feedback. Thank you

ashu4code
Community Member

hi

my profile is this

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0112ea4605d12da005

why i am not getting job invitation thses days. kindky liik into this

thanks

ashu

ashutosh k wrote:

hi

my profile is this

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0112ea4605d12da005

why i am not getting job invitation thses days. kindky liik into this

thanks

ashu

Your JSS is not great. 

But it is better than fresher or new comer. so some how my jss drop i will not invited.

ashutosh k wrote:

But it is better than fresher or new comer. so some how my jss drop i will not invited.

Not with a bad JSS. You need to provide a better service to your clients. 

Hello, can you take a look at my profile, this is sad, I did not receive any response from clients.

https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/~012e56d3e0c6009d0f/

Hello. Is it possible for me to get the comments of my profile? I have been here for about a year and I did not get a client. It is sad. Can you help me what is wrong with my profile?

https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/~012e56d3e0c6009d0f/

I am also facing the same issue can you please review my profile? https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/3ddesigner

gwal777
Community Member

Hi, I would like some feedback on my profile 🙂 

Graeme W wrote:

Hi, I would like some feedback on my profile 🙂 

Was it your garage?

No, this isn't the space for some random lines from your resume. It should be about the services you provide. Be specific. Make your headline catchier. Research your competion. Think like a client. 

Hello colleagues!

please check my profile and and please give feedback if you think there is anything to improve
and can anyone estimate the cost of my work?

thank you!

Rodion G wrote:

Hello colleagues!

please check my profile and and please give feedback if you think there is anything to improve
and can anyone estimate the cost of my work?

thank you!

It looks good! You might add a video, since clients probably expect that in your line of work. Your profile picture could be better - don't go for black and white, rather a better and more professional look. 

How much you want to charge for your work - nobody can tell you that. That is your decision alone. 

mrtishna
Community Member

Hi Mike J. and everyone,

Well I am not new on Upwork as I have created this profile a long ago, but yes I am still new as I have not received any project so far although I am trying very hard to start with something, applying on job postings I am sure about that I can do this 100% but not getting luck. 

Any suggetions, feedbacks or any kind of help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Muhammad Imran

3289b694
Community Member

Hi Mike,
I could use some help right now. I have made some changes on my profile and I'd love to know if I'm all set to hope for brighter days
szabo_istvan33
Community Member

I'm trying to figure out what's going on with upwork, I must be missing something...

Here's the situation, I look at specific projects that I'm highly fit for, and whenever I apply, I already send them 90% the project done through examples I did, thinking that this way I can surely communicate that I'm fit for the job, but guess what, I used up almost all of my connects applying, and not a single reply. I'm curious what's happening, because whenever I post as a client, I have the experience that I get very few good applications, and thinking that I'd love to get one like the ones I send, so I'm a bit confused what's happening... do they even get my proposals?!

Hi Szabo,

I would like to confirm that clients are able to view your proposals and they are able to hire you. I would also recommend to check out our resources Here to learn more about getting started on Upwork. To learn more about how to improve your proposals and your profile, check out our resources Here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths