🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelan...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi New Upwork Freelancers!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,582 REPLIES 3,582
andrijana_98
Community Member

Hi Mike, I'm new to the work platform, my profile was opened a long time ago but I only activated it a month ago. And I started building a profile and looking for a job, in about 15 days I got my first job photo retouch, I am a graphic designer by profession , and I still have many skills in word ekel, autocad, etc., but I am an expert in photoshop and illustrator also in design, but I do not know how to present it well, I am a little confused, if you could look at my profile, evaluate and point me to mistakes .Thanks a lot.

Andrijana M wrote:

Hi Mike, I'm new to the work platform, my profile was opened a long time ago but I only activated it a month ago. And I started building a profile and looking for a job, in about 15 days I got my first job photo retouch, I am a graphic designer by profession , and I still have many skills in word ekel, autocad, etc., but I am an expert in photoshop and illustrator also in design, but I do not know how to present it well, I am a little confused, if you could look at my profile, evaluate and point me to mistakes .Thanks a lot.

The works in your portfolio, are they yours?
I comment on it because I have found the first three them in various places.

That's why I say that I'm a little confused with a lot of members, I see that she puts other people's pictures, I thought that we should put here what we have the skills to do the job. Everything else except those three pictures you can see is my work. Besides, what else can you tell me?

Andrijana M wrote:
That's why I say that I'm a little confused with a lot of members, I see that she puts other people's pictures, I thought that we should put here what we have the skills to do the job. Everything else except those three pictures you can see is my work. Besides, what else can you tell me?

I see you already removed those items, good for you.
All the works that you show in your portfolio must be created by you.
On the other hand, I see too many steps to see your work. Maybe I would group by topic; logos, flyers, cards, covers, etc ...
Thus, the client will see all the work of a type just by clicking on an item.

And one more thing, you have the general profile and two specialized profiles with the same text. That doesn't look very good. Take advantage of the specialized ones to focus more on what you can do for the client in that specific niche.

I hope this helps a little 🙂
Luck!

Thank you, you could do a lot for me tonight, I'll do my best to sit down and group it all up and take care of everything. Thank you so much you are wonderful 😊

Andrijana M wrote:

Then you need to remove them immediately. How is showing other people's work showing your skills? It's like I take Goethe's work and say, yeah, I can write like this too. 

Martina P wrote:

Andrijana M wrote:

Then you need to remove them immediately. How is showing other people's work showing your skills? It's like I take Goethe's work and say, yeah, I can write like this too. 

She has already deleted it Martina 🙂

I deleted, I was a little confused about the other members. Thank you

Maria T wrote:

Martina P wrote:

Andrijana M wrote:

She has already deleted it Martina 🙂

Glad to hear that!

If you can't help me, don't make fun of me.. We are not here because we know, but because we are the Beginners and everything is a little intertwined with us, I try to put everything in its place. Thanks 😊

Martina said:

It's like I take Goethe's work and say, yeah, I can write like this too. 

You can still give your clients a chunk of Faust now and then, and hope they don't run it through Copyscape. 

Robert Y wrote:

Martina said:

It's like I take Goethe's work and say, yeah, I can write like this too. 

You can still give your clients a chunk of Faust now and then, and hope they don't run it through Copyscape. 

Nobody should run into a Faust, since it means fist ... 😉

Can you look at my profile, and tell me what to do with the portfolio?

Andrijana M wrote:

Can you look at my profile, and tell me what to do with the portfolio?

I answered you about your portfolio on page 296.

ETA.- By the way, to know who you are replying to, you should use QUOTE.

QUOTE.png

03de4ef7
Community Member

Hi,

I am new in Upwork. Can any experienced freelancer review my profile? Please review my profile and give me your valuable feedback. Advance Thanks.

Mostafizur R wrote:

Hi,

I am new in Upwork. Can any experienced freelancer review my profile? Please review my profile and give me your valuable feedback. Advance Thanks.

You need more portfolio pieces. 

d4751619
Community Member

I'm new here about a week ago? Please guide me 🥺

Kimberly, your profile is incomplete. Upwork has some excellent articles to help you get started.

https://www.upwork.com/guides/getting-started-as-a-freelancer

Please go through these articles to update your profile. Good luck!

Hi aditi,

Can you guide me too?

Kimberly Joy G wrote:
I'm new here about a week ago? Please guide me 🥺

Well, you start every sentence with "!". What does that tell you? You are only talking about yourself. But you should talk about and to the client. What does he need? Why are you the best for that? 

4bf1ce4c
Community Member

Hi, 

I am new to upwork. I would like to get a feedback on my profile and resume as all my submissions went unresponsive. 

Thank & Regards

Thafnitha 

Thafnitha F wrote:

Hi, 

I am new to upwork. I would like to get a feedback on my profile and resume as all my submissions went unresponsive. 

Thank & Regards

Thafnitha 

You must think of your profile not as a resume. Your experience is important, yes, but it's not what is getting you hired. The first 2 lines are most important, make them count. Lose "profile", you are wasting valuable space. 

Instead of copying your resume, think this: why would a client open my profile? What does he need? What can I do better than anybody else? 

Right now, your text lacks a personal connection, it is very impersonal. You need to make a connection to a potential client. 

Dear Martina, could you please guide me too?

Pranisha C wrote:

Dear Martina, could you please guide me too?

Your profile is good! One thing, you can't have any typos or misspellings in your text, since that will not create trust when you offer anything in writing. I understand you probably will format a given text, but it's still extremely important to present yourself as very diligent with attention to the smallest details. 

Set your expectation low, competition is huge. Maybe you win only one job out of 100 proposals. It's not easy getting started on upwork, but I believe you are serious about this and will not give up easily!

Thankyou for your kind words,

But is there still anything i should work more on? profle picture?maybe portfolios?are they nice?or is my proposals?

Pranisha C wrote:

Thankyou for your kind words,

But is there still anything i should work more on? profle picture?maybe portfolios?are they nice?or is my proposals?

I can't see your proposals. 

Hi Martina, 

Thank you for your feedback and I have updated the profile accordingly. Please have a quick glance and let me know if you think it requires any updates. 

Thanks

Thafnitha 

Thafnitha F wrote:

Hi Martina, 

Thank you for your feedback and I have updated the profile accordingly. Please have a quick glance and let me know if you think it requires any updates. 

Thanks

Thafnitha 

It still looks like a resume. Research your competition to see how they present themselves.

mahaks15
Community Member

Yes

I would really appreciate that.

257c149a
Community Member

This is such a helpful thing for a new member to this site like me. Could someone give some suggestions on my profile as well? It is much appreciated. Thank you so much!

Kaiwei

Kaiwei G wrote:

This is such a helpful thing for a new member to this site like me. Could someone give some suggestions on my profile as well? It is much appreciated. Thank you so much!

Kaiwei

You could improve your profile with a better, catchier headline and a little more engaging text. It is very sparse now. Can you add a portfolio of prior work? It doesn't have to be from upwork jobs, as long as you have permission to publish from the client. You can also translate some examples for this. 

bbace5a9
Community Member

Hello everyone I just recently got my first client but having a problem getting another job, please I would love if freelancers in the house can review my profile.

Adejumo R wrote:
Hello everyone I just recently got my first client but having a problem getting another job, please I would love if freelancers in the house can review my profile.

Lose this sentence: GIVE ME THAT GIG AND LET ME MAKE YOU THE HAPPIEST CLIENT ALIVE. This kind of exagerration does not look professional, aside from the all-caps, which is not a good look either. A better profile picture would not hurt, you don't look too approchable. 

9bdc0bea
Community Member

Hello and Good Day Everyone!

Would really dig some feedback on my profile Smiley Tongue

sarfoo07
Community Member

Hi,
I am new here and don't know how to get started!

I would love to take a revision of my profile and share your valuable feedback.

Regards,
Sarfraz
Sarfraz Ahmad

Sarfraz A wrote:
Hi,
I am new here and don't know how to get started!

I would love to take a revision of my profile and share your valuable feedback.

Regards,
Sarfraz

It looks good. Great video introduction! You could improve a bit your profile picture, a bit more friendly wouldn't hurt. 

d9bfbace
Community Member

I will be happy to receive an opinion. Thank you

2dce517e
Community Member

I would love this, please!

Emily M wrote:
I would love this, please!

What skills do you offer? Be more specific. What can you do for a client?

Great picture, crop it so it only shows your face. 

Hi Martina,

Can you please review my profile, I'm new to Upwork.

Thank you in advance.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths