🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelan...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi New Upwork Freelancers!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,582 REPLIES 3,582
salima-noorani
Community Member

Hello,

I would love to get feedback. 

I really want to thank all those experienced people who took their precious time to review the profiles and provided meaningful feedback. 

Great start, Salima. Your profile reads well. Here are a few suggestions:

1. https://www.upwork.com/resources/9-tips-create-freelancer-profile-stands-out Consider reading this article, including each individual link and making changes accordingly. Focus on the skills list for writing profile. 

2. Consider adding more items i.e. more variety to your portfolio, in particular your creative writing portfolio. 

3. Lastly, consider asking testimonials to your previous employers/clients. Since your first job is still in progress, a potential client has no way to gauge the experience of working with you. Testimonials can help. 

Good luck, I'm sure you will get your first client soon!

chococontent
Community Member

Hi
I came across this and am really glad that people take time to review the profile. I really appreciate this and would love to have mine reviewed !!!
I assume that my profile ( set to public ) will be reviewed and there is no additional attachment required.

Thanks and stay safe
Sujatha

Sujatha, you have all the essential elements included in your profile. But please refer to the article and include more details that are useful to a potential client. The article walks you step by step, and each step may take some time. Effectively, writing a good profile may take upto one week.

https://www.upwork.com/resources/9-tips-create-freelancer-profile-stands-out  

If you are still unclear, visit profiles of other freelancers with high earnings. Most people who earn well on this platform have included suggestions from this article.

Good luck, and have fun freelancing. 

Hi Aditi,

Thank you so much for taking the time ! Will definietly go by the suggesstion you have mentioned. I really want to establish myself here and this advice is indeed very helpful.

Best Regards

Sujatha

labouk
Community Member

I'd love to get feedback on mine.

Leah A wrote:

I'd love to get feedback on mine.

I am confused. I take you are working full time for this firm? And you want to take on the same work freelancing? 

Your profile needs structure and a personal touch. Lose empty words like hardworking, never say that you are honest (that's pretty much expected. Picture going into a bank to open an account, and the employee tells you: We don't steal our customers money. You expected that without saying, right? But now your it's on your mind, and you will leave the bank very much in doubt if this was the right decision. Same applies here.)

7321d689
Community Member

I apologice for multiple messages but I think I replied to someone else's post and not this one, so you didn't see it. I'd appreciate if you could critique my profile.

Thanks, in advance,

Kevin

57687a66
Community Member

hello, 

I am new on upwork . please review my freelancing profile is it attractive to clients or not or give suggestion to improve it.

muzammil_idrees
Community Member

Hi, I Hope everyone is doing well. can someone experience on Upwork give a look at my profile and provide me feedback/suggestions to improve? 

mazen-mikati
Community Member

Hi Mike,

I created an upwork account 4 years ago but never used it until April 2020.

So I am now active since then, and updated my profile.

For now I've completed 3 successful projects and now I've just read your post and wish you can give me your feedback please. And how can I improve it.

Thank you,
Mazen Mikati | Senior Graphic Designer

Mazen M wrote:
Hi Mike,

I created an upwork account 4 years ago but never used it until April 2020.

So I am now active since then, and updated my profile.

For now I've completed 3 successful projects and now I've just read your post and wish you can give me your feedback please. And how can I improve it.

Thank you,
Mazen Mikati | Senior Graphic Designer

1. Great picture, would be even better with a neutral background.

2. Make the profile not only about you. No need to explain when you created your account, when you started using it, yada yada yada. Focus on your skills, what you can do for your client, why you are the best person for the job. 

Thanks a lot Martina, appreciated!!

Hi, I Hope everyone is doing well. can someone experience on Upwork give a look at my profile and provide me feedback/suggestions to improve?

7f6795aa
Community Member

Thanks for this effort, I will appreciate a Feedback on my profile - https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0165e55b5dad5daa70 

8570e380
Community Member

Hi my name is Margaret and I would love some help on my profile as well as proposal writing.

Thank you in advance.

Margaret P wrote:

Hi my name is Margaret and I would love some help on my profile as well as proposal writing.

Thank you in advance.

Lose the resume word salad, write your profile in the first person without beginning every sentence with an "I". Telling the potential client about prior experience is fine, but put it at the end, focus first on what you can do for a client and how you will solve his problems and make his life easier. 

Great. Thank you so much.

Thank you.  

askslidev
Community Member

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your post.

Can you please review my profile and suggest me how to make it better.

I am working on upwork from last 2 months, completed 18 jobs with good client feedback. I also have 100% JSS and 100% completed profile. But still I am not receiving any job invitation. Any idea why?
hudsoncs
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

New freelancer here and would love any constructive feedback on making my profile more competitive.

Chris H wrote:

Hi Everyone,

New freelancer here and would love any constructive feedback on making my profile more competitive.

It's good! Good picture, good text, except put what you can specifically do for a client first, and your experience last. Lose the resume word salad like results-driven yada yada yada. At least you skipped hard-working, so that's a plus in my book. 

If you want to be taken seriously, and I think you do, never again do one of those 5$ jobs with glowing feedback, when by your hourly rate you spent just a few minutes on it. Plus the job is private (duh!), so everybody knows that your cousin/ mother / girlfriend /neighbor/ pet sitter was the one that hired you. Whoever told you that's a great way to get a first job, and then everything is hunky-dory from there on out, was wrong. It looks weird and will look weird for the rest of your upwork career.  

amir_farrukh
Community Member

I need help i am new to Upwork and can't find any work.

amustafaid19
Community Member

Hey there! I am new to Upwork can you please review my profile. Thankyou

ngulubec
Community Member

Hi

Can anyone make suggestions as to how I can improve my profile? I am a new member.

Regards

Chris N

Christopher N wrote:

Hi

Can anyone make suggestions as to how I can improve my profile? I am a new member.

Regards

Chris N

For starters, I expect the profile of a freelancer offering proofreading to be completely error-free. 

8570e380
Community Member

Mike,

Thanks I did update my profile and would love for someone to view it again.  Also,  I need help in starting a proposal or tell me how I can view examples.

Ms. Margaret

Margaret P wrote:

Mike,

Thanks I did update my profile and would love for someone to view it again.  Also,  I need help in starting a proposal or tell me how I can view examples.

Ms. Margaret

With all due respect, you are making some fundamental mistakes:

1. Your text is too short, that might give the impression that you can't be bothered to put some time and effort into your profile.

2. Never use third person. You want to make a personal connection with the reader.

3. Lose the meaningless resume word salad.

4. Lastly, my personal opinion (not like the above wasn't...) never abbreviate in your profile title or text, it looks cheap and as if you can't be bothered to write out words. 

Good Day

Thank you. Sounds very constructive. I will attend to it.

Thank you so much. I will correct promptly.
billionairejoh
Community Member

Hello, I am interested in having a review of my profile.Thanks a lot. 

tolonov_kk
Community Member

Hello

Hope you are staying safe during this pandemic. I'd like to get your feedback about my profile, really appreciate your time

Hello, I was wondering if someone could please review my profile.

Thank you, in advance.

Kevin

Kevin, Great start. Consider reading this link and making applicable changes e.g. an introduction video, overview section rewritten, certifications, testimonials, etc. 

https://www.upwork.com/hiring/for-freelancers/enhance-your-profile-for-greater-success/

Good luck, I am sure you will get your first contract soon.  

Thank you Aditi. I'll check out the site you linked and I'm learning how to make a video already.

marleensebbaha
Community Member

Hi 🙂

I would love to have some feedback about my profil!

Many thanks in advance. 

Marleen S wrote:

Hi 🙂

I would love to have some feedback about my profil!

Many thanks in advance. 

It's all about you. 

You sound like a nice person with an interesting life, but if I'm a client looking to hire somebody for what you do, I don't care much about that. I want to know what you will do for me and why I should hire you and not one of the hundreds of other hopefuls.

So get into a freelancer mindset, sell your skills, tell me what you can do for me and how you will make my life easier with the stuff that you do, whatever that may be (I don't know it from your profile). I probably want to see examples in your portfolio too. And lose the first 2 sentences completely.  

Thank you so much for your feedback Martina! I totally get your point, I will change that!

elibacter
Community Member

Hi

Please view my profile and make a critique (if any!)

Eli Ana G wrote:

Hi

Please view my profile and make a critique (if any!)

There is room for improvement. Your text is inconsistent, jumping back and forth, lacking structure. It needs shape. It's a bit lackluster, as if you spent 5 minutes on it and never went over it again. Your picture gives off a social meeting vibe, it would be better with a neutral background looking at the camera, a professional picture, in short. That would be a good investment.

Finally - you are a full professor in Venezuala but live in the US? Please explain. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths