🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelan...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi New Upwork Freelancers!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,582 REPLIES 3,582
60d4bb74
Community Member

Hello. I am new at upwork and i would request you to pkease review my profile and give me suggestion as how to improve it and how to make it attractive for the clients
kambletushar46
Community Member

Hello everyone I have updated my profile on Upwork my name is Tushar **Edited for Community Guidelines** please give me good feedbacks ratings to start on getting the projects. I am having around 7 years experience of web designing and development, through WordPress and customized designing both the ways. I have been doing the local market jobs but now I would like to enter on Upwork as well please help. I have even posted my last work as well on the profile you can check them.

99cca174
Community Member

Hi,

I will appreciate a feedback on my profile, Thanks

bravewordz
Community Member

hello! I will really appreciate a feedback . Thank you.

Ajayi, you profile is well-written. Adding a portfolio that showcases the breadth of your writing skills seems like the next step. Also, getting some testimonials would be useful. 

Good luck, I wish you the best. 

Thank you. I will do all I can to get that done as soon as possible.

goku1ananth
Community Member

Guys I've been on upwork for more than a month. I got a few clients. But still I'm struggling to get a regular gigs. Can you help me with it guys. Take a look into my profile and if you can give some tips.

Gokul A wrote:

Guys I've been on upwork for more than a month. I got a few clients. But still I'm struggling to get a regular gigs. Can you help me with it guys. Take a look into my profile and if you can give some tips.

For now, does it seem normal to you to offer watermark removal?
That means theft of images.
If this happened with an image of your property, would it be okay with you?

Need your professional feedback for my profile. Regards
mishastn
Community Member

Hello, Mike! My name is Michael. Please check my Upwork profile. Mishastn@gmail.com. I would like to make translation. I have already submitted a lot of proposals, but didn’t receive any replies from the clients. Please help me to make professional account, so I would have a opportunity to get a job in Upwork. I hope to hear from you soon.

Michael, your profile is not public. 

adnanqadar
Community Member

Hi Muhammad A,

Your profile is not public. 

fc1ce002
Community Member

Thank you very much for all the feedback you can give me to improve my profile. Francisco.

Francisco, your profile is not public. 

Hi,

I thought I should put my public profile but only for Upwork users. Does it
have benefits to change it to public?

Thank you for the advice

Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 10.26.09 AM.png

This is what it shows. I cannot see your profile, so won't be able to review. 

Hi, Aditi

I just go for public option, Your opinion, pleace. 

Hello, I am new to Upwork. I am trying hard to win a job but no hope. I completed my first job after waiting many days. I am continuously spending connections to submit proposals but I'm not satisfied. I saw my friends start their freelancing careers and within a few months, they succeeded. I want to know where is my lacking. I have good skills but why I'm not able to win a job? What strategy should a newbie maintain? Please, I need expert suggestions because I am really tired of furstration.

My profile: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01617d9a68e91b2567

Hello! my question is : What  can ido to get job fast? I you know tips/secrets to   use can help please.

adnanqadar
Community Member

Kindly review my profile and suggest what I need more to get projects.
I am an Upwork family member since 2017. I have completed several writing tasks at "Off-Work"/platforms.
I have mentioned those in my profile. But still if something can be improved I will do it.

Thanks

Hi,

Please review my profile. I've one order with good review. I've bid the offers but unfortunately can not able to get clients. Is there any problem with my profile?

https://bit.ly/306MmAg

Urooba, kudos on getting excellent reviews. That's the first step. 

Apart from minor typos and grammatical errors, your profile reads well. You are off to a good start.

General profile and social media strategy profile descriptions are the same but hourly rates are different. I'd encourage you to make rates same if the services offered are the same. If services under general profile are different then the rate can differ. 

Your portfolio looks good but check portfolios from other freelancers in your field. You may get some ideas about how to present the work done in a better manner. 

Also, be aware that it is not just the profile but also the proposal sent that helps you get a job. So after the profile is fixed, you can review your proposals.

Good luck, it will be all okay. 

Thanks Aditye .J nice Review

Please review my profile.
Thanks!

Rubayat, your profile is set to private. 

Kindly review my profile and give suggestions, I have submitted more than 40 proposals but I am not  getting any job.

Wajahat, your profile is well-written. A couple things to consider - Your hourly rates are inconsistent i.e. all three profiles have same title "Interior and Product Designer" and yet the hourly rates are different. A potential client will get confused by this set-up. The introductory video is visually cool but it doesn't inform your potential client about anything. Did you design that shoe or how were you involved in the process of making that shoe?  

Good luck, I wish you the best. 

che-chi
Community Member

Greetings family  I need your help 

I started on upwork 3 months ago got my first gig last month with a 5-star review. I know with a review things will start to scale up so quickly but for me, things are going down. Before getting my first job, I send out 15 proposals and got 4 replies and 1 hirer. since I got my review I have send out tones of proposals but not even a response from a client. please I need help on what to do I can't figure out why. 

I will appreciate any feedback I get on this feel free to check out my profile too 

ceefaeca
Community Member

Hi Chi 

So sorry to know that you are facing difficulties in finding a job. For new freelancers on the platform, it can be a little hard to start, I also faced these issues and did not get anything for 1.5 months. But don't lose hope, if you are good at what you do there must be people who is looking for a person with your profile! 

Let's talk a bit about what you can do:

- Read the job description before applying, and draft your cover letter accordingly. It should not be too long, of course, you have to do this thing within a few minutes. But sending a proposal according to the description is a pretty reasonable thing one should always do! (I don't know, of course, how you send proposals right now, but it is a general thing that you can look at and improve if you feel they are not having much impact)

- your profile is good, but it will look a bit nicer if you can arrange everything in a way that one can notice your skills clearly. For instance, as you are an AWS expert, you should mention that clearly. Also, the same thing for the heading. This is just what I think, it does not mean that your profile is bad right now, it is pretty much okay. 

- Again, proposals are extremely important. Clients are always interested in knowing if you understood the job well in the first place. There is nothing wrong with asking a question or two in the message. 

Remember you are in a marketplace where all extremely talented people since you got your first job already means you are already in this club and can get more jobs of course. It takes efforts and patience in starting here. The only thing you can work on is your proposals and profile. 

985be1ca
Community Member

Obviously, I would love this. Please give your feedback.

Hasan, your profile reads well. I'd suggest to change the introductory video. It does not feel relevant to the services you offer, sounds more like an agency. There are some areas you might want to be clearer. You've graduated in 2020 but claim 10 years of experience. Even if you started working as a young person, were those projects relevant to the services you offer? If yes, add more items to your portfolio. Your testimonial is from CSO at stack learner and your own youtube channel is stack learner. These coincidences might not generate much confidence in your potential client. With a bit more clear profile, you will be able to get several contracts on this platform. 

Good luck, wish you the best. 

Aditi J wrote:

Hasan, your profile reads well. I'd suggest to change the introductory video. It does not feel relevant to the services you offer, sounds more like an agency. There are some areas you might want to be clearer. You've graduated in 2020 but claim 10 years of experience. Even if you started working as a young person, were those projects relevant to the services you offer? If yes, add more items to your portfolio. Your testimonial is from CSO at stack learner and your own youtube channel is stack learner. These coincidences might not generate much confidence in your potential client. With a bit more clear profile, you will be able to get several contracts on this platform. 

Good luck, wish you the best. 

Hi Aditi,

It is no wonder that the data he gives does not match.
He has copied the presentation of another freelancer.

Oh noo... Good catch, Maria T.

Hasan, plagiarizing somebody else's work may not help you in the long run. I hope you rethink your choices and take steps that set you up for success.  

Hi Aditi, can you please give me hints on how I can boost my profile's visibility and general goodness.

Hats off to all you do, helping newcomers like me find their spot.

Reignmore, I can see your profile today. It is well-written but consider changing few things - Depending on the word count or complexity of the topic, some articles may require more than one day for writing. Consider changing the 24-hour timeline to something more flexible. Next, add more items to the portfolio and get some testimonials from previous clients. Lastly, I do not offer any discounts to clients unless they are a non-profit organization (e.g. animal shelter). I am skeptical about you offering 15% discount. I hope it works for you.

Good luck; with some persistence, you will soon be a 'rising talent'.       

Hello I am new here. Please reveiw my profile and give me feedback. Thanks

abdulkayum01
Community Member

Hi, I am new here please. Rv

AbdulkayumH

Abdul K wrote:

Hi, I am new here please. Rv

I will not tell you anything about the text since I am not an English speaker, but I think you should separate the paragraph a bit. It becomes difficult to read and understand.
If you are an expert, I suppose you have works to show, so you should show them in your portfolio.

Edited to add:
One more thing. If you have different skills, you should create specialized profiles. Too many different things together.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths