🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelan...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi New Upwork Freelancers!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,582 REPLIES 3,582

Hi, Maria

Thanks for your Valuable advice. I just updated my profile 

AbdulkayumH

Abdul K wrote:

Hi, Maria

Thanks for your Valuable advice. I just updated my profile 

I have seen it.
So much better. Add more jobs to the portfolio.

Hi, Maria 

Thank you and sure I will add more ASAP

AbdulkayumH
winmak
Community Member

HI,

I would appreciate a review of my profile. Thanks

ff4f195d
Community Member

Hey all!

New on Upwork as well, got some replies on proposals, but would like to get some feedback on my profile to have it hopefully stand out a little bit more,

Petrus

I have not gotten any project on Upwork. I have sent several proposal but after a while they will archive.

I know I may not be doing something right. It’s either with my profile or the proposals
manciado
Community Member

Hello. I'd love to hear from you. Willing to listen for the better of my profile.
ishita-pathak
Community Member

Hello Upwork Team,
Hope you are well.

I want to know the issue regarding engagements and responses from client side. It would be very helpful for me if your expert team will provide me any solution or give me a guidance of how I can reach to maximum number of clients. 

As I am new on Upwork, It would be great if you help me in getting out of from the above situation.
Eagerly waiting for your response.

Thanks and Regards
I**bleep**a Pathak

mariannefrca
Community Member

That's a wonderful idea! I would love to get  feedbacks.

Thank you!

Marianne, excellent start. I'd suggest few things: 1) Consider adding a title such as 'Translator' or 'Proof reader'. The title 'About me' is uninformative to your potential clients 2) Consider getting a picture on a plain background. (Not urgent). 3) Try to add more items to your portfolio. 4)Try to get some testimonials. 

Good luck; given your 5-star feedback, you might earn 'Rising talent' badge soon. 

fraleigh98
Community Member

Hi! I'm eager to receive any kind of feedback in order to improve. Smiley Very Happy

ffc35874
Community Member

Updated on Dec'21

Chetan A.

Chetan, your profile is not public. 

My profile should be public now. Please let me know if you're able to see it. Thanks. -jc

Updated on Dec'21

Chetan A.

Hi friends.
I am new to Upwork.
I have submitted 20 proposals.
can you please help me how to get project to work.
niklebe
Community Member

Hello! New here! Would really appreciate some feedback 🙂

aditipie
Community Member

Nick, your profile is not public. 

jennifercha041
Community Member

Hi,

New to upwork and excited to get started! Please take a look at my profile. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Jennifer C.

Web researcher | Wellness

Jennifer, your profile is not public. 

Hi Aditi,
My profile should be public now. Please let me know if you're able to see it. Thanks. -jc
sidneestone
Community Member

I would really appreciate some feedback on my profile. 

Thank you!

Sidnee, great start! Consider having a professional headshot i.e. use maximum space in the circle and not just a rectangular portion. Also, create an introduction video. Doesn't have to be fancy; it will give your potential clients an idea about services you offer. Consider creating a unique profile description for each of the profiles. Lastly, is it possible to create a portfolio? A quick talent search indicates that some virtual assistants are displaying portfolios. It might be difficult to compete for contracts without a portfolio. 

Good luck, I am rooting for your success. 

faisalmuhammad83
Community Member

I am a bit new to upwork community hence request a review by senior members.

Thanks.

0af023ed
Community Member

Hey guys, I think today makes 1 month exactly since I started on upwork, it went way better than I was expecting (despite my jss dropping recently for no reason that I can see). Would love if someone had a look at my profile and gave me some feedback.

vabizconsultant
Community Member

Hello, I am new to Upwork and would like someone to look at my profile and see if they have any suggestions on how I could make it look more attractive to employers hiring. Any suggestions?  
here a link to my profile: https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/~013290f04a801e66c2/
thanks, Heather

Heather Freeman
jennifercha041
Community Member

Hi,

New to upwork and excited to get started! If you don't mind taking a look at my profile: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0125befec8181cc55f?viewMode=1

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Jennifer C.

The second word. Should it be thoughtful?  
take a look at mine?  I have my resume in Canva that I always attach to my proposals. 
https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/~013290f04a801e66c2/

Heather Freeman

Jennifer, your profile reads well. Consider adding more information about the products you offer (e.g. research summaries, content development etc) instead of your personal attributes. You do not have any direct experience in wellness domain. If you do, consider adding it on Upwork profile. Your portfolio items do not clearly state what was your contribution to that project and what rating did you get from your client. Consider adding these details. Lastly, instead of a profile shot, consider adding a professional headshot that helps client connect with you. 

Good luck, with some additional effort, you'd do quite well on this platform. 

Thank you, Aditi for feedback! This was very helpful. -jc

Hi all, 

My name is Ismail **Edited for Community Guidelines**.

From april 2021 ,I am new upwork freelancer .

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hello guys,

I created My Upwork profile in 2018, and I still haven't earned anything from it. I worked for many people for their clients, and they made a lot from My work $10 $7 hour, but I got less than $100 per month from them. I have a great experience with Photoshop, Amazon, and eBay.
Could you please give me any suggestions? How can I get a project? Is there anything wrong with My profile!

Best regards: Khawaja Muhammad

**Edited for community guidelines**

jaminatu
Community Member

Hello.

I am new here.

I will like to get Feedback on my profile. Any suggestions are welcomed.

2f26c98f
Community Member

Hi everyone, would love sme feedback on my profile. 

343bb59f
Community Member

Hello! Do you mind taking a look at my profile for feedback and tips on improvements? I would greatly appreciate it!
ovi-a
Community Member

Hi Shatrice,

I'm fairly new on Upwork, but I'm a internet marketer and I've been studying Upwork for months now. Here are my thoughts:

Though I think our profile overviews should be short, I think yours is too short.

Think of your profile overview as an advertisement, imagine being your ideal prospect and think about what they would want to see, rather than what you think is best. I would never start my profile overview with "I" for example. Use words like "You" and "your".

Your title has too many roles to me. Focus on one (or create a separate specialized profile) and/or mention the different skills you have in your profile overview.

I would also test an action oriented title, clients aren't looking for virtual assitants, they're looking for someone who can relieve their work load, so they can grow their business. So, for example:

"I'm a virtual assistant who offers administrative services, so you can get on with your business"

or

"I'm a virtual assitant who schedules appointments, makes phone calls, and manages email accounts so you can get on with your business"

I also think your 15 years experience in customer service is more important than your Masters degree, that's what a client would find more important anyway, so I would start off talking about that.

Finally, you ABSOLUTELY must end your profile overview with a call to action (CTA).

"If you're looking to free up more hours, so you can take your business to the next level, send me a message and we’ll set up a time to have a quick 5 minute talk."

We're all busy, and as stupid as it may sound, in many cases, we need people to tell us what to do. Simply telling clients to message you will cause many clients to message you!

Also, adding "a quick 5 minute call" doesn't sound overwhleming, and in my opinion is very important. If a client speaks to you, you'll automatically be put into their shortlist, why? Because clients only speak to people who are on their shortlist.

fc78bdef
Community Member

Hello, I am new to the platform and I want to help. Please help. Thank you

yashkoriya
Community Member

Hi everyone. I am so excited to build my portfolio on Upwork. I just got approved yesterday so please provide me with feedback on my profile. Thanks in advance.

ankitgupta2028
Community Member

Hello Mike,

Could you please review my profile. I am submitting proposal for work but not getting any response from clients.
3e779b57
Community Member

Respected Everyone,
I would like to invite everyone for suggestion to my profile, I had been here for a year, bided to many projects but still not getting any work.
It would be an honor for me to hear out you solution. Please guys have a look!!!
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths