Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Highlighted
Bijaya Kumar R Member Since: Aug 2, 2020
31 of 342

Hy madam,

I am wandering to win the project for two weeks but could not get even a single one. Could you please assist me

Highlighted
Eszter C Member Since: Sep 17, 2017
32 of 342

Hi all,

I would love to get feedback from you guys!

Brand new freelancer, don't have much to show in terms of a portfolio. I do have a file that I attach to relevant jobs, but I am not getting any replies.

Also, what is the "normal" ratio? After 5 proposals, should I expect that at least one client replies, or does it take more usually?

Thanks a lot!

Highlighted
James D Member Since: Apr 9, 2020
33 of 342

Mike: I have a question for you.

My proposals are not working. I can send out ten proposals at a time with no response at all.I have sent over 30 with no response I am doing something wrong. It must be something major, someting out of step with Upwork.. Can I send you a few of my proposals?.

Jim

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
Lucinda A Member Since: Aug 17, 2020
34 of 342

Hi - Thanks so much for this thread. Just created my profile today and would love any feedback you can provide. No idea what best practices are for an Upwork profile vs LinkedIn, etc. 

-Lucinda 

Highlighted
Community Leader
Alexis A Member Since: May 18, 2020
35 of 342

Mike J wrote:

Hi New Upwork Freelancers!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

This thread is a really good idea but barely any experienced freelancers are getting back to our inquiries..

Highlighted
Grant v Member Since: Feb 14, 2017
36 of 342

I have gotten no response on this thread.  I have even directly messaged Mike, with no response.  

Highlighted
Max H Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
37 of 342

Hi Grant,

I'm not specializing in your Category (3D modelling, etc), but based on my experience I would suggest updating your photo (it seems for the moment there are too many dark shadows). Also as others wrote, since Upwork search displays only a few top rows from the Overview, you might want to put the most important skills and experience to the top of the Overview. I also believe you can improve your Title, but because of the above I can't advise here. Continuous improvement of all three above things should make a noticable difference with time.

Highlighted
Grant v Member Since: Feb 14, 2017
38 of 342

Hi Max, 

Advice noted on the photo, I am in process of updating that.  As regards to the rest, I am still confused because when I search for my category (google search etc) I show up at the top of the page.  I show up top rated, 100% success rate.  And yet after submitting some 30 or so proposals, I don't even get a profile view??  

Highlighted
Max H Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
39 of 342

Hi Grant,

I've started to get much more replies after I've just changed a profile pic. Might be relevant to your case.

Btw, my profile views counters is broken from around 27th of July. Not sure if this issue affects everyone.

To get more replies I would suggest to improve your proposal texts, check client's stats before you apply. Hope it will help, thanks!

Highlighted
Sania J Member Since: Aug 17, 2020
40 of 342

hye how do i get to know that my proposals can't accepted or client closes the job?