🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelan...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi New Upwork Freelancers!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,582 REPLIES 3,582

Thank you for your time and Suggestion, Mam. Professionals like you helping newbies like me are simply great.

cgj2020
Community Member

Thank you so much Aditi. I will work on your recommendations, and hopefully will help to start rolling it. I will get back to you once it's done.

Have a wonderful day!

shahzadanwar32
Community Member

Hi dear,

Please review my profile and   share your advise.

teach_center
Community Member

Excellent, Please review my profile. Thanks

rohitaccession
Community Member

Hi,

I believe you all are safe and doing well.

Can someone please review my profile and share the feedback to make it better?

Regards,

Rohit

sushantachy84
Community Member

May I request someone to have a look at my profile as well, please?

Thanks & Regards

Sushanta Choudhury.

3461e7dd
Community Member

Please How can I improve my Upwork profile views?

I'm still a newbie here and I don't have high ratings to beat top-rated freelancers to jobs so I rely on invitations but last month I didn't get profile views.

What can I do to improve my profile views? Please check my profile and suggest anything that can help me get more job invitations. 

saqib_web_design
Community Member

hi friends,

i will be happy if you people visit my profile and provide feedback to me on my profile because i am not getting any orders for almost 1 year.

russellsk
Community Member

Hey community guru . I need your help . I want to know that how to get work on upwork . I craeated my profile more than 6 month and I got only one job. After that I did'nt get any work . After getting the job I Changed my profile name and activities. is this affect on my profile or other reseon? Please tell me
ca802622
Community Member

Hi everyone. I have created an Upwork account recently and written more than 130 professional proposals, yet my chances of getting a job contract with a prospective client failed. 

I would like your help, tips, or feedack on my profile descriptions and portfolio. I would appreciate your constructive advice as well. Thanks in advance! 

Mustapha, your profile reads well. If possible, get some testimonials from previous clients/employers. I would also advice to create product catalogs e.g. "You will get proofreading for 100 pages- $10". etc. Job postings are fewer on Upwork these days but clients are still hiring through catalogs. For any early stage professional on Upwork, catalogs are becoming important.

Good luck, I am sure you will find good projects on this platform.   

Thank you Aditi J for your insightful comments and suggestions. Indeed, I will try to create some Catalogs and get a few Testimonials from previous clients I worked with in the past. Have a good day!  

Dear Mam,

May I request you to have a look in my profile as well? 

Thanks & Regrads

Sushanta, you have extensive experience in accounting! I think you have a lot of potential to become a top rated freelancer on this platform. Let's take a look into some areas where change is possible:

1. For some reason, the profile picture looks like from a wedding or an award ceremony. Try to get a professional headshot when you get chance. https://www.upwork.com/resources/how-to-guide-perfect-profile-picture

2. A quick search indicates that "ACCA bookeeper" results in 6 job posting but "bookeeper" yields about ~3600 jobs!! Your title needs to change ASAP.

3. First couple lines of the overview section are important. Try something like "As an experienced accountant, I can help your business with...... ". A potential client is more interested in services you offer instead of your work experience at a large international network. 

4. PDF to Excel conversion - is that a popular service that accountants offer? I am not familiar with your field, but if it is not a service that accountants offer do not have it in your project catalog. If it is a poplular service then let it remain. 

5. Consider getting some testimonials from previous employers or clients. Fix typos in the profile. (e.g., Lecturer at ACCA - "a lot" is written twice etc.) 

Lastly, keep sending proposals. Good luck. I am sure you will find projects that you like.       

Dear Mam,

First of all I would like to express my hertfelt gratitude for that valuable words you shared rgarding my profile. However, I have rectified the small errors I had made which were found out by you. Please have a look to my profile once again at your convnience.

Thanks & Regards

Suhanta Choudhury.

Sushanta, cool. Now try to get testimonials from past employers (eventually) and keep sending proposals. There are several jobs in your field. At least 5 proposals per day.

Dear Mam,

Thanks once again.

Regards 

Sushanta **Edited for Community Guidelines**

sharma_rama54
Community Member

Hi,

With all my respect. Could you check my profile and provide me with feedback. I will appreciate it!
Thank you!

a_rochecouste
Community Member

Dear Team,

My name is Angelique and am new to upwork!

As a newcomer to upwork as a freelancer, having done my registration as was required and completing my profile successfully. Please take note that since then uptil now, I have still not received any viewers nor invitations for job offers.

As such, Could someone kindly asisst me further with regards to this issue ???

Thanks

kashifalei
Community Member

Would love this, can someone please review my account - I have almost added everything in my profile but couldn't get any new orders.

Kashif, you already have few contracts on Upwork. Your profile is well-written. My only suggestion would be- Create some project catalogs e.g., "Web development project- $500". Also update your availability in hours as some contracts are hourly. 

Lastly, it's been a slow year with lock-down/stay home orders still going on in various places. Have patience, and keep sending proposals. I am sure you will get new contracts soon.

Thank you Aditi J, it means a lot will follow your suggestions as well, I have been trying this year hard - got few invitations as well but couldn't been able to make till the final position. Thank you again..:)
palmer_louise
Community Member

Thanks Mike,

I'd love some feedback on my profile before I start applying for jobs.

Appreciate it!

Kind regards,

Louise

39a03c4c
Community Member

I would love to get a profile feedback.

Halimah, you already have a rising talent badge!! Well-done. You have two ongoing projects and one job done successfully. 

Was there anything specific that you need help with. I think you are all set. 

Thank you for your response. I just wanted to confirm if i was doing the
right thing.

Hi Aditi, Can you please review my profile, I had made whole changes, but still applied 65 proposals yet didn't get any reply. Can you please let me know what's the problem. I will be grateful for this.

saleeqa
Community Member

After reading a few community blogs and threads about archived proposals I think that's how it is happening to my proposals. I have been applying to the jobs that only fits to my providing skills and ain't getting interviewed at all. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, I definitely need to update my profile more but if there's anything else that I need to know please do share your thoughts.
mehwishzahid2021
Community Member

Hi, Marry. could you please have alook on my profile. It will be appriciated. Thanks.

alejandroupc
Community Member

Hello!

I'm open if anyone wants to provide some feedback on my profile, thanks in advance.

d907c7c3
Community Member

Hi All,

Can you please review my profile.
https://www.upwork.com/fl/jagmeetsinghh

Regard,
Jagmeet  **Edited for Community Guidelines**

stam22
Community Member

Hey guys 

I'm a new Upworker, and I've been having a problem with proposals. I think they don't show to the client because after several proposals with no single answer. my friend posted a job I applied to it but it didn't show to my friend so I'm wondering if it's a technical problem or what I'm really confused 

please I need explanation soon as possible guys and thanks in advance

palmer_louise
Community Member

Hi Mike,

Would you mind reviewing my profile.  I haven't approached any clients yet but I am about to.  Any feedback would be helpful.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Kind regards,

Louise Palmer. 

ronaldodupa
Community Member

Please review my profile and advice.

Thanks

Ronald **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Ronald, your profile is excellent!. A couple suggestions: Is it possible to get a photo on a plain background? The current one seems in a vehicle. Also, next time- smile 🙂 . Change your availability to hours > or < than 30 hours. You already have two on-going contracts, which is great!!  

I wish you the best. I am hoping that you will be a rising talent soon.  

Please visit my profile and advice me.

maryamidreee
Community Member

check my profile and provide me with feedback. I will appreciate it!
Thank you!

wirable1989
Community Member

Please can you provide profile feedback in regards to my upwork profile page?

Please set your profile to 'public' and I am happy to review it. 

buildavision
Community Member

Amazing, Can anyone give my profile feedback? I will really appreciate this.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths