🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelan...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi New Upwork Freelancers!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,582 REPLIES 3,582
5194c427
Community Member

I am interested please
biz-whiz
Community Member

Would appreciate feedback on my profile
sumanfl
Community Member

Hi Liberata,

As per knowledge, your profile should complete with 100% which you don't have now. Then you will approve your profile with Upwork. Try to touch each and every section mentioned by Upwork. After that send proposal everyday to your niche. You will definitely get your job within few days. Best of Luck.

Thank You

Suman B.

13909f70
Community Member

Hello!
My name is Roland and I am new freelancer on upwork.
I need some advice on how to proceed to get hired. I submitted several proposals but things seem harsh for me.
Please I need your help to sort things out

Hi Roland,

To learn more about getting started on Upwork check out our resources Here. TO learn more about how to improve your profile and your proposals check out our resources Here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
anand-parthasara
Community Member

Dear Sir,

I am new to up work and I don't understand how to start up job with up work lot of jobs shown online I have sent messages to them stating I have experience in customer service and typing skills if any data entry I can accept and submit without errors. I am unable to understand the bid to be claimed should be claim less value or more than the mentioned value. As well as please suggest me in up work do we find any fake jobs. I have read many articles where customers written as some of companies in up work are fake and untrusted or unverified payment. As per your advise I have changed the profile into public profile. Now next What should I do get a small project of job.
yesmnaveen
Community Member

Hi

That's great that when I post any question in this community I always get the sollution. Thanks to upwork team and the community members.

Please give me the feedback about my profile.

Thanks

kenny_jessica
Community Member

Hello to anyone that can see this. I have been on Upwork for a long time now, and I have as well improved in my skills and updated my profile to suit clients and yet I have not been able to land any gig. I am so hurt because I have sent out some series of proposals that are well constructed and still nothing. I have lowered my pay and even ready to work for free just to show what I can offer to my client. This is very hard and I need your honest opinion on what to do. Thanks

Hello 👋 and thank you for sharing your experience. Just one question: is your profile public? I have just tried to see it but it seems to be private. Can you also share your proposal?

Thanks for taking your time to reply. My profile is not public and I do not know why the settings changed. I have been constantly online but I can't seem to figure the reason.
THIS IS ONE OF MY PROPOSALS

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

I also have more that I can copy and share.

Hi Kenechukwu,

Your profile visibility is now updated to public and your fellow freelancers will be able to review your profile. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you very much, I really do appreciate

Your profile is now visible and active! Happy you received assistance!
I think it’s a very good profile! But I cannot review your samples when I click on them on your portfolio! They are really important because they drive me to choose you instead of another profile! In addition, you can add maybe some past customers and your work experience at the bottom of your profile! Personally I prefer a more professional pic (even if I like it but not in this case). Please note that is my opinion!

Hello Marco,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review my profile and your feedback.

What you're seeing when clicking on my portfolio because I am not sure what could be the reason behind this may be some technical glitch best I can do it to repost them I guess.

I'll add some reviews from my past clients, thanks for the advice I have over 200+ reviews on fiverr.

Also, I totally agree with your perspective on profile picture after reading some article yesterday I tried to put a better profile picture(i hope you were not talking about my current picture. Smiley Tongue)

Thanks again

Can anyone view my profile and please let me know what's wrong , and why i am not getting jobs.

Thank you Marco for this great help. I have changed my profile picture and also made some tweaks to my portfolio. Please review and check to see if you can view the samples I uploaded. Please I will need a feedback soon. Thanks.

Your profile pic is GREAT! Such a beautiful smile! You need to show it
everywhere!
Samples are now visible and I think they are ok!
My other advice is to use some bold, italic etc to catch the eye or some
bullets and so on:
you have a consistent presentation so it be useful for readers to focus on
main points!
Hope it could be useful for you!

Marco M wrote:
everywhere!
bullets and so on:
main points!

Marco, when you reply to someone, either use their name or use QUOTE, because we can't know who you're replying to 🙂

QUOTE.png

Maria T wrote:

Marco M wrote:
everywhere!
bullets and so on:
main points!

Marco, when you reply to someone, either use their name or use QUOTE, because we can't know who you're replying to 🙂

QUOTE.png

Thank you Maria! I'm sorry and thank you! I replied using the button Reply on the email and I thought it was automatically tagged. Now I'm log into the website and use the button you told me. Thank you. Is there any way to tag answering through my email? Have a great day

Marco M wrote:

Maria T wrote:

Marco M wrote:
everywhere!
bullets and so on:
main points!

QUOTE.png

Thank you Maria! I'm sorry and thank you! I replied using the button Reply on the email and I thought it was automatically tagged. Now I'm log into the website and use the button you told me. Thank you. Is there any way to tag answering through my email? Have a great day

The truth is that I have not the faintest idea Smiley Very Happy

😂 Thank you Maria!! Love your reply 😂 I’ll log in next times! In the meanwhile I wish you a greaaat day!

Hello Marco,
I appreciate your help, you have really done a great favour for me. Please also help me review my profile picture because I changed it to another and also check the samples on my portfolio to know if you can assess them. I made some tweaks there as well. I will look forward to seeing your response.
Thanks.

Kenechukwu M wrote:
Hello Marco,
I appreciate your help, you have really done a great favour for me. Please also help me review my profile picture because I changed it to another and also check the samples on my portfolio to know if you can assess them. I made some tweaks there as well. I will look forward to seeing your response.
Thanks.

Hello Kenechukwu I have just wrote a comment previously. Hope you can read it. Unfortunately I did not tagged you. Sorry, Have a great day! 

Kenechukwu M wrote:
Hello to anyone that can see this. I have been on Upwork for a long time now, and I have as well improved in my skills and updated my profile to suit clients and yet I have not been able to land any gig. I am so hurt because I have sent out some series of proposals that are well constructed and still nothing. I have lowered my pay and even ready to work for free just to show what I can offer to my client. This is very hard and I need your honest opinion on what to do. Thanks

I hope that a colleague can comment on your presentation, I can only tell you that you do NOT work for free.
DO NOT fall for the deception that some clients use to send them a "test" before hiring you. The most likely thing is that they keep the test and you have no contract or money.
If you work for free, what good will it do you?
You will not have customer reviews, nor will you earn anything and your profile will be empty of work done.

Hello Maria,
Thanks for this help. I feel motivated again, I can only fight and hope for the best. Thanks for this great help.
shahzaib-zafer
Community Member

Hay Upwork Community Members,

with all my respect. Could you check my profile and provide me with feedback. I will appreciate it! Am waiting for your Response. It's totally 100% complete and publically Visible.

Thank you

ea668e2e
Community Member

Hi upwork workers and Gurus,

I would love a review of my profile when you have a chance. It is now at 100% complete and we have begon creating some projects. i have a great JSS score and trying to get the badges is my next step. I also have some good reviews but have not gotten feedback on several of my more recient jobs. I am trying to figure out how to maximize all these feature on here but it does get confussing sometimes. Thank you for your time and any advice you have.

acedesignhub
Community Member

Hi there,

Thank you for deciding to help me by providing feedback, I have a good amount of experience and applied for various jobs with no luck so far still trying to get my first job.

Thanks

bambah_jasgul
Community Member

Hello Fellow mates,

After a long sabbatical, I want to kick off my upwork career again. Any help from you guys will be appreciated!

Thank you!!

Jasgul, your profile reads well. The overview section needs changes. 1. Your title needs to be specific to services you offer. It has to match with the job postings. 2. Use first few lines to speak about your services/products rather than personal attributes. It can be through your testimonials or your own wording. 3. I noticed that your brand identity design and all work profiles are same. Consider the range of services you offer under each profile and then write the overview section. These are minor changes and you should be able to fix this soon. 

Good luck, I am hopeful that you will get a rising talent badge soon.  

Thank you so much for your detailed feedback, it means a lot!
queryoal
Community Member

Hi Mike! I m new to Upwork freelancing and I face the proposal issues as like all new freelancers facing. I love to invite you to check my profile as ask me regarding my skills And I m more than happy if you guide me or comment on my profile. Thank you so much.

mash940
Community Member

Dear Mike,

I am new Upwork.how do i verify my i.D. i have uploaded my I.d but its saying there has been an error.

Thanks in advance

KR

sham

Hi Sham,

Welcome to Upwork! I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further with your verification process. You will be able to access your ticket on this page.

As you are a new freelancer you may want to check these videos to help you get started: 

I am sure that you will receive more awesome tips from experienced freelancers here. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
khanadil29
Community Member

This is really an extraordinary feature or space is creating by the Upwork team and I really appreciated it. Further, It will be very beneficial for the new seller or a newbie like me. I want the GURU community to check my credentials and give me guidance. I fail to get any job. Which is now demotivated me.

Hello Adil,

Good to see you here. Yes this is such a good platform for freelancers.

And as per your profile, have you complete your profile with 100% or have you approved your profile through Upwork yet? If not please do it 1st. It will help, get more clients to work with. Best of Luck

Thank You

Suman B.

Hello Everyone, 

I'm new to Upwork. Could you kindly take a look at my profile and provide me with feedback. I will appreciate it!

Thank you!

ofureo
Community Member

Thank you for this help! I am definitely interested.
thejaswim
Community Member

Hi Mike. Can you check my profile as free lancer. If any issues please let me know. And my doubt how the process of freelancer works? I have submitted 2 proposals and waiting from 2 days. How we can know the status and how long it takes to be selected.

Hi Thejaswi,

Welcome to Upwork!

Thanks for your message. I'm an Upwork Success Partner and an independent professional on Upwork for more than 6 years, and I'll be happy to share a few tips on how you can improve the marketability of your profile:

1. I noticed your profile isn't complete and I encourage you to have a 100% complete profile. Here are a few tips that might help you achieve this:

• Add additional skill tags. At this time you only have 8 skill tags and are allowed up to 15! Having the right skill tags might help you show up in relevant search results
  • Add portfolio items. In my opinion, this is the most important section of your profile and it is very difficult to get hired without showing samples of your work. Your portfolio gives you the opportunity to impress potential clients with real-life examples of your skills and expertise. If the type of work you deliver is process-based instead of visual, consider adding items to your portfolio using the Case Study template. This template is designed for you to show off the analysis, process, or methodology you used in the project. Include relevant information about the challenge, your approach, project goals, and screenshots if possible. That way, you can show the client how you contributed to previous projects and the solutions implemented.

2. Take the Upwork Readiness Test. Passing the test is required to be eligible for the Rising Talent program. If you need additional background before taking the test, read this help article.

3. A few additional tips that might help you extra polish your profile:

• Your profile overview is short compared to the average and therefore it is difficult to understand what are your key skills and services and how you can help clients achieve their goals. Help them understand your abilities better by listing information about your skills and experience in an original and creative way.  For example, expand on who you are, the services you offer, and what you’re most passionate about. Here are some additional tips for writing a great Overview
  • Since you are new to Upwork, I suggest that you request and post testimonials from your previous work experience/clients to showcase your skills and abilities to attract attention to your profile.  It is a great way to vouch for your background and shows clients that you are reliable and experienced
  • Currently, you have one specialized profile. To ensure all of your expertise is captured using the features of specialized profiles, you might want to consider adding an additional specialized profile to showcase your skills. You can review a list of all of the options here to help you select the most relevant one. You can have up to two of these profiles which can help you show off different areas of work and market to specific types of clients.

I encourage you to visit the Upwork Events page for past and upcoming educational events. It might help you learn more about how to get started and be successful on Upwork.

As for your question about proposals, you can review the job post to see the last time the client reviewed it and if they are doing any interviews. Some clients move quickly and you will hear from them right away.  Others wait a few days before reaching out. It just depends on the client and how they want to work.  You might want to listen to the Proposals That Sell recorded webinar that might help you understand how to write custom-tailored proposals and grab the client's attention.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Tiffany F. | Upwork Success Partner

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths