🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelan...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi New Upwork Freelancers!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,582 REPLIES 3,582
akhilgarg91
Community Member

Hello!

Can you please take a look at my profile and tell me.

Regards,

Akhil

Community Member

Welcome to Upwork.

sushantachandra
Community Member

Thank you so much for sharing.

Sushanta Shil
joalmoguera
Community Member

please do review my profile. Thanks in advance!
8923968c
Community Member

Hi, Could you see my profile and provide me feedback, I will appreciate it 

Thank you

wanlsie
Community Member

Hello, 

I'd love to get feedback on my profile.

Thanks!

sumanfl
Community Member

Hello Elsie,

Your profile is not completed yet. It should require to fulfill your profile with 100% complete. After that verify your profile through Upwork. It will help you to increase your trust level on Upwork. Best of Luck.

Thank You

Suman B.

2aeb7715
Community Member

Hi! I just finish my profile. Can someone give me feedback?
I desperately need a job right now.

Thank you in advance for any help.

sumanfl
Community Member

Hello Smith,

Have you complete your profile with 100% yet? If not try to fulfill every points which mentioned by Upwork. And try to add a testimonial which will help your clients to increase their trust level about you.

Also you can add 15 skills on your profile where you mentioned only 6 skills. Then send proposal every day to your niche. I assure you will definitely get job within the days. Best of Luck.

Thank You

Suman B.

2aeb7715
Community Member

Thank you, Suman.
I've already completed my profile to 100%.

I'll do what you told me.

sumanfl
Community Member

Hello Smith,

I have seen your profile again and now it's good. Try to add a testimonial on your profile. Also you may add your project catalog. That's it.

One more thing, as you are a newcomer on Upwork, you should know that whenever you get any help from a member, please try to give him a kudo. Its actually motivates him in his work.

Thank You

Suman B.

aditipie
Community Member

Suman B wrote:

Hello Smith,

I have seen your profile again and now it's good. Try to add a testimonial on your profile. Also you may add your project catalog. That's it.

One more thing, as you are a newcomer on Upwork, you should know that whenever you get any help from a member, please try to give him a kudo. Its actually motivates him in his work.

Thank You

Suman B.

Smiley LOL Yes, why are newbies stingy with Kudos?

No, Kudos don't motivate me. I try to stop by here at least five days a week to see what amazing budding talent we have!! Especially, they seek feedback and they come back after a month or so to seek feedback again.... you then see they already got eight or nine clients. That's such a rewarding feeling!! Their profiles are an inspiration to me... (well, at least most 😉 Some folks are in a rush to seek feedback and then never act on any feedback 😞 )     

varghese-vinu
Community Member

Hi Mike I have been registered to this site for the past six months. Till now I haven't received any job offers yet. I lost my job of 14 years last year. I am looking for an online job and found that upwork was a right choice. I came to know about this site on BBC's business news. But the sad thing is I haven't been offered a job. Please can your upwork colleagues help me. My profile name is vinu varghese. My WhatsApp number is 00971504315379 or 0504315379.
jeffry9000
Community Member

Hello,

I have been in Upwork for a few months and i have received 2 replys from my application so far but unfortunately they went with another artist, it happens. my question is, do you guy have any suggestion for me to improve my chances to get some work and start getting some reviews? I will also post some images on my work so you can have an idea of my skill level.

P.s. I  am sure you get this question all the time

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Jeffry, that's a nice portfolio! A decent portfolio is usually half the battle and you've aced it. Few suggestions: 1. The overview section of all work and specialized profile reads the same. Consider revising it to showcase special skills you have. 2. Consider getting some testimonials from previous clients/employers. 3. Make sure the skills list is up-to-date. 4. Lastly, add any certifications that you may have. If you don't, consider using this down time to get some certifications. These are not required but usually help freelancers to gain some much needed skills. 

Good luck, I am sure you will find good clients pretty soon on this platform.  

Please do you mind taking a look at my profile and giving me a your opinion of it, I would really appreciate it. Thank you.
19ecd9ce
Community Member

I would appreciate your feedback on my profile! Having a hard time getting clients!

358bab4f
Community Member

Best regards, please review my profile.

Thank you. 

Sohaib K.

nicogaldos
Community Member

Hope you can teach me how to do this right!!

Please review.

parivartika
Community Member

Hi Mike, Kindly review my profile. Also my profile is 100% complete & Ihave cleared the Upwork Readiness Test but still I dont have the Rising talent badge , can you help me with that.

_rxshxdx_
Community Member

Would love for you to go through my profile and provide valuable feedback.

Thank You!

umarjavaid14
Community Member

yes i want my profile reviewed

mytilineos
Community Member

Hi - wow, the Upwork travel so far (about 7 days now) has been quite entertaining. I signed up, got my free connects and just started proposing. Hahaha, I am sure you know the rest. But, now I get it. What I do need as a little insight on how you see my profile. Please note that I am fluent in English (all 4 skills). I am not a BA guru or anything "Einsteiny" but, I know my English, I know how to write and edit (out of experience in my career, that demanded that of me), I am exactly what I say I am in my profile. I am also in the market for Online English Teaching opportunities. What would you suggest?

🙂 Elizabeth, you indeed are good with words. The first one to read your profile is Upwork machine algorithms i.e. one has to put in words that are understandable to a machine (or think a 2yr old!!). For instance, humans understand "Eyes wide open Reading and Writing" service is about editing and proofreading but for machine it could range from writing, proofreading to ophthalmology. In other words, you might be matched with writing jobs, eye health jobs etc. 

https://youtu.be/FtRWeaBQZGE

Consider rewriting your profile in that context and I am happy to review it again.  

pilysubirana
Community Member

Hi everyone! I will appreciate this help!

Thank you so much in advanced.

Hi Ma Del,

1st of all you should try to touch every points mentioned by Upwork and complete your profile with 100%. Then verify your profile with Upwork and send proposal everyday to your niche. I assure that you will get job within few days. Best of luck.

Thank You

Suman B.

kelvintac
Community Member

Is it normal to have 57 proposals and no interviews Something must be wrong with my account?

Please check my account for any errors.

Kelvin, I noticed that a contract ended with no feedback. That hurts in early stages! Have you given your feedback to the client? If not, please do it and then the client feedback will be visible on your profile.

Done hoping for the best

Kelvin, I do not see your feedback to client yet. It probably means the client has not given you feedback. Usually, it is not a good idea to badger client for feedback, or ask them to give "five stars" etc. But I notice that this is your client's first job post. They posted a job worth $30 but ended up giving you work worth $180. You probably must have done the task well 🙂  

Try giving your client this link below and ask them to leave a feedback. It is possible that they may simply not know about feedback, if you closed the contract. 

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062188-Leave-Feedback-on-a-Contract

(Other aspects of your profile can be improved later. Since the feedback is time-sensitive i.e. within 14 days, I am hoping that this feedback piece gets done soon.) 

70548e2e
Community Member

Hi Mike,

I would love for expert insight on my profile and how I can get it discovered with ease. Thanks.

fubaig
Community Member

Mike J. Could you check my profile and provide me with feedback. I will appreciate it!
Thank you!

sumanfl
Community Member

Hello Everyone,

I am sending proposals everyday in my niche. And also spent a huge number of connects. But still I am not getting replies for the long days. So my humble request to  all of you, can anybody please visit my profile and suggest me is there any issue on my profile, which I need to fix?

Waiting for your valuable reply.

Thanks & Regards

Suman B.

I would suggest you're using the verb try too much in your profile:

Within this period, I tried to polish my SEO skills...

Please send me an invitation, and I would gladly try making this work...

You need to be more positive. Clients don't take well to someone who says, "Please send me an invitation, and I would gladly try making this work..."

Hello Robert,

Thanks for given me your valuable feedback. And as per your suggestion I have changed the mentioned lines,

1. I polished my SEO skills to serve valuable clients with an extraordinary SEO marketing service

2. I would gladly complete your work using my best SEO knowledge

Please tell me any other thing, that I missed out. Thanks again.

Regards

Suman B.

02d3e798
Community Member

Hi Suman

If you are targeting clients in the Western hemisphere there is a language difference, its more direct and detailed about what you will do from the outset. Maybe try something along the lines of:

I have x years experience in SEO and within SEO my specialities are x,y & z. I regularly work in these areas and can provide you with examples if you would like to discuss your project in more detail. Important factors in SEO are a,b & c, I will factor those into any work I undertake.

Something like that is more western if you are trying to talk the same language I'm saying the same thing as you but it tells me you know about your subject, you've done it before and you will share some of your knowledge with me in just a few brief lines. You can put some details in that highlight your skills. Hope that helps.

sumanfl
Community Member

Hello Mr. Andrew,

Yes, this is such a great thing you shared with me. I will definitely implement to my profile.

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. Please suggest me is there any other requirements to fix.

Waiting for your reply. Thank you

Regards
Suman B.
sumanfl
Community Member

Hello Mr. Andrew,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. I have already implemented your mentioned lines in my profile. Hope those golden lines will help clients to find my SEO knowledge.

Thanks & Regards

Suman B.

dorcasadaramola
Community Member

Just joined hours ago

Can you help check my profile? 

thanks

b0ce874f
Community Member

I would love for someone to take a look at my profile and tell me what I need to do with it!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths