🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelan...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi New Upwork Freelancers!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,582 REPLIES 3,582

Lindsay, that's an impressive profile. It is well written and no major changes come to my mind. I wonder what prompted you to seek feedback. Are you experiencing a slow period with fewer clients? It could be due to the holiday. People are traveling after a long time. One week before and after will be slow period. I'd suggest patience 🙂 

Good luck, you are doing extremely well and I'm sure you will continue to do so. 

waliar-rahman
Community Member

Hi there, i am new in Upwork..can you please check my profile?

mdshahjalal820
Community Member

Hello, I'm new to Upwork. Could you please help me go through my profile? I need your feedback. Thank you

1b361d14
Community Member

Hi Upwork Community!  

I am new to the site and would appreciate feedback from successful freelancers on how to improve my profile.  Thank you in advance for your time.

Sincerely,

Amy S.

paddycloud
Community Member

Please help review my profile and advise on what I can do better. Thank you.          

8c2549c7
Community Member

Hello,

With all my respect. Could you check my profile and provide me with feedback. I will appreciate it!
Thank you!

Hi Kareemo,

Thanks for your post. I'm Upwork Success Partner and an independent professional on Upwork for more than 6 years, and I'll be happy to share a few tips on how you can improve the marketability of your profile:

• Your photo could be improved. Clear, headshot-style photos with a simple background work best. Improve yours by taking a photo with a plain background, with higher resolution, that is more clear, that is cropped to include only your head and the top of your shoulders, in which you are wearing professional attire, in which you are making eye contact with the camera, in which you have a more welcoming facial expression. Check out this how-to guide.
  • Right now your title is vague and does not help clients understand the type of work you do or projects you are looking for. Just like Google search results, the title and “snippets” of information that appear in Upwork’s talent search results can be key factors when potential clients are looking for experts to reach out to. Here are some additional best practices to consider for your profile copy.
  • Your profile overview is short compared to the average.  Consider crafting your overview as a pitch to prospective clients.  You can arrange information to make it easier for clients to scan, for example, you could have your introduction paragraph and separate paragraphs for skills and experience. You can also use bullet points to help organize your lists. Expand on services you offer, what you’re most passionate about, and mention specialized software/ tools if appropriate. Other examples of information you can include are past accomplishments and projects, preferred working style, and your business’ values.
  • Currently, you have one specialized profile but it sounds like you're trying to attract clients in many different areas. To ensure all of your expertise is captured using the features of specialized profiles, you might want to consider adding an additional specialized profile to showcase your skills. You can review a list of all of the options here to help you select the most relevant one. You can have up to two of these profiles which can help you show off different areas of work and market to specific types of clients.

Additionally, you could increase the exposure of your profile by adding a Project to the Project Catalog. 

• Consider adding this feature and some items about the service you provide as well as an image to catch the client's eye. You can review popular projects and get some inspiration from other talent here.

I encourage you to visit the Upwork Events page for past and upcoming educational events. It might help you learn more about how to get started and be successful on Upwork. There is a great session to check out called Upwork Power Webinar: Winning Profiles to get even more tips.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Tiffany F. | Upwork Success Partner

Hi Tiffany,

Thanks so much for your review of my profile in the community

I appreciate your valuable and precious help and I will take your advice

and please allow me to message you after I finish Editing my profile and push me forward with your brilliant advice

Thank you so much for your help and time and wish you the best of the best Smiley Happy

Kareemo

dina1883
Community Member

Hi Mike,

thank you for this initative, i need your help please to start up through upwork.

currently im working as specilist content writer in the medical devices field, preparing post for social media and customer repond through calls and messenger,

i have applied several times throuogh upwork but no one respond to my proposals, could you please support me through .

appreciated in advance

Dina 

Hi Dina,

Welcome to Upwork!

Thanks for your message. I'm an Upwork Success Partner and an independent professional on Upwork for more than 6 years, and I'll be happy to share a few tips on how you can improve the marketability of your profile:

• Right now I see your profile completeness is at 80%.  Note that clients want to see a completed profile so they can determine if your skills, background, and experience are a good fit for their projects as well as it being a requirement for programs such as Rising Talent or Top Rated.  Use these tips to help improve your profile and get 100% completion.
  • Your profile overview is short compared to the average and therefore it is difficult to understand what are your key skills and services and how you can help clients achieve their goals. Help them understand your abilities better by listing information about your skills and experience in an original and creative way.  For example, expand on who you are, the services you offer, and what you’re most passionate about. Here are some additional tips for writing a great Overview
    • Also, check your overview for spelling and grammar. I see a few minor errors. If you'd like to add extra polish, you might want to consider using Grammarly (from Grammarly.com). I use this myself and really like it because it's free and it offers a Chrome add-on so it works in webmail, messages, proposals, and more.
  • Currently, you don’t have a specialized profile. To ensure all of your expertise is captured using the features of specialized profiles, you might want to consider adding a specialized profile to showcase your skills. You can review a list of all of the options here to help you select the most relevant one. You can have up to two of these profiles which can help you show off different areas of work and market to specific types of clients. 

• Having at least one Specialized Profile is important for search results as well. Clients can filter for talent who work in project categories that correspond to the specialized profile categories. If you do not have a specialized profile in that area you would not show up in the search results at all.

• Add additional skill tags. At this time you only have 7 skill tags and are allowed up to 15! Having the right skill tags might help you show up in relevant search results
  • Add portfolio items. In my opinion, this is the most important section of your profile and it is very difficult to get hired without showing samples of your work. Your portfolio gives you the opportunity to impress potential clients with real-life examples of your skills and expertise. 

I encourage you to visit the Upwork Events page for past and upcoming educational events. It might help you learn more about how to get started and be successful on Upwork. There is a great session to check out called Upwork Power Webinar: Winning Profiles to get even more tips.

I hope this helps!

Best,

rahuldanj
Community Member

Hi Mike

I'm new on upwork. I'm a Copywriter, what should I do to get invites and also win proposals.
Please can you help me review my profile and give me feedback please thank you very much.

hi

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for your post. I'm also an Upwork Success Partner and I'm happy to share a few tips on how you can improve your profile’s marketability: 

• Your photo doesn't make your face visible. Keep in mind that clear, headshot-style photos with a simple background work best. Improve yours by taking a photo with a plain background, that is more clear, and cropped to include only your head and the top of your shoulders. Check out this how-to guide.
  • Your profile overview is a bit hard to read and determine where certain information is at.  Consider arranging information to make it easier for clients to scan, for example, you could have your introduction paragraph and separate paragraphs for skills and experience. You can also use bullet points to help organize your lists. Expand on services you offer, what you’re most passionate about, and mention specialized software/ tools if appropriate. Other examples of information you can include are past accomplishments and projects, preferred working style, and your business’ values.
  • You have a strong command of the English language. However, I did notice some minor grammatical errors. It happens to us all so to help add extra polish, consider using a tool like Grammarly. This is the tool I use. It’s free and it works as a Chrome add-on, so it works in your Upwork proposals, profile edits, and Web-based email.
  • Since you are new to Upwork, I suggest that you request and post testimonials from your previous work experience/clients to showcase your skills and abilities to attract attention to your profile.  It is a great way to vouch for your background and shows clients that you are reliable and experienced. Learn more about the Testimonial tool here.

Consider adding a Project to the Project Catalog t increase the exposure of your profile. Consider adding this feature and some items about the service you provide as well as an image to catch the client's eye. You can review popular projects and get some inspiration from other talent here.

I hope this helps. Wishing you lots of success on Upwork!

Best,

Hilda

49d56307
Community Member

Hi! I am a freelance video editor, new to upwork not long ago. 

Can I have any experienced upwork freelancers to review my profile please?

Let me know what can I improve.

Thank you so much!

Hi Jason, Your profile looks amazing! 

Just a couple of suggestions that I believe would showcase it much more.

In the portfolio section, Instead of putting all your work in one item, try to expand them to fill more items in your portfolio section. I believe this will make it eye-catching for your profile visitors.

Also, make sure that your profile completion is 100%; You can check that from the right part of the "Find work" page.

I hope this helps. Wish you the best of luck!

Youssef

zaiinulabiidiin
Community Member

https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/~0133c90489fb27ee02/

Thank you for the opportunity, please reveiw my profile

Hi Zain,

Thanks for your post. I'm Upwork Success Partner and an independent professional on Upwork for more than 6 years, and I'll be happy to share a few tips on how you can improve the marketability of your profile:

I noticed your profile isn't complete and I encourage you to have a 100% complete profile. Here are a few tips that might help you achieve this:

• Your profile overview is short compared to the average.  Consider crafting your overview as a pitch to prospective clients.  You can arrange information to make it easier for clients to scan, for example, you could have your introduction paragraph and separate paragraphs for skills and experience. You can also use bullet points to help organize your lists. Expand on services you offer, what you’re most passionate about, and mention specialized software/ tools if appropriate. Other examples of information you can include are past accomplishments and projects, preferred working style, and your business’ values.
  • Currently, you have one specialized profile but it sounds like you're trying to attract clients in many different areas such as UX/UI design and Mobile Application Development. To ensure all of your expertise is captured using the features of specialized profiles, you might want to consider adding an additional specialized profile to showcase your skills. You can review a list of all of the options here to help you select the most relevant one. You can have up to two of these profiles which can help you show off different areas of work and market to specific types of clients.

• Your portfolio is empty. Your portfolio gives you the opportunity to impress potential clients with real-life examples of your skills and expertise. To help you look your best, consider showcasing 4+ examples of your best work. 
    • If you have more than one area of expertise, your portfolio should reflect your range of skills to be more effective.
    • You can help clients really understand your expertise and provide a strong cohesive presentation of your skillset by having your first four showcase pieces echo the strongest, most relevant skills on your portfolio.
  • You only have 10 skill tags but are allowed up to 15. Add additional skill tags to showcase your expertise & help you show up in relevant search results.
  • Add relevant details to help clients understand your background. If you don’t have an employment history, consider adding your freelance business as one line item, with a brief description summarizing your focus. For employment, Some types of information you could include in your details are your duties, if you worked independently or with a team, and any major accomplishments. For education areas of study, accomplishments, awards you received, or extracurricular activities you participated in.

Check out 4 Ways to Create a more Successful Freelancer Portfolio article for additional tips on how to craft a good portfolio. 

I hope this helps!

Best,

Community Member

Hello Upwork Community!

I am new to the site and have submitted a few proposals for some jobs that I felt would have been an excellent fit, however no luck.

Wondering if a more experienced Upworker could take a look at my profile and let me know what improvements can be made?

Thanks in advance,

Todd

Todd, your profile is not public. 

Hi. I am unsure how to reply in general to the thread, hence this reply message.

I would appreciate feedback on my profile. Thanks.

salmaiqbal6566
Community Member

Hello,

I am new on Upwork... please check my profile and give feedback in my inbox please

sofiaali432
Community Member

Hello, I am a new freelancer at Upwork. My acount has been suspended due to some reason. Kindly help resolve my issue.

Regards

quantifyagency
Community Member

Please help me with that... im kinda sad..

Jose C wrote:

Please help me with that... im kinda sad..

Your portfolio is good, but you need to work on your profile. It looks like you only spent a few minutes writing it, and it doesn't sell you or help you stand out. Also, your video and work history should be in English.

Good morning everyone

I would like you to help me with a question.

I consider that I have an excellent portfolio of work focused on branding, I have more than 8 years of experience in my field and hundreds of satisfied clients.

But when I entered this platform, I noticed that no one hired me, no matter how hard I tried, I can't get someone to take a risk and give me this first opportunity on the platform. What am I doing wrong? I already spent all my connections.

If you had any advice that could help me, it would be very helpful. Thank you all

Thanks you so much Christine. I love you.

liman-worker
Community Member

Need Help

shaguftarajput
Community Member

hi,thanks dear.its realy very appreciable thing.im a new freelancer,kindly check my profile and give me some feedback if you like

shagufta rajput
carolina_gc
Community Member

Hello, my name is Carolina and I am new to this platform and I would like someone to review my profile and give me suggestions on how to improve

Carolina, that is a great start. 1. I think there might be an error in your pricing. One page mentions hourly rate $10 while other $100. Such a wide range is unusual. 2. Consider adding a portfolio of services you offer. Having 5-6 representative items usually helps. 3. Consider creating project catalogs. That will give you more visibility and more control over the scope of projects. 

Good luck, I am sure you will get good projects here.  

Thank you very much. I did not know about the error in my account. And
thanks for all the tips too, I will follow them.

Hi community members,
Can anyone review my profile to build it more professionally? 
I appreciate your suggestions.
Thanks in advance
Your regards
Md Shah Jalal

a1e8b5b5
Community Member

This is so awesome to get required suggestions from experienced freelancers. Kindly have a  look on my profile and suggest me how how to bettter my profile . Thanks for taking time to read and visiting my profile .

nepal_som
Community Member

Please help me to enter into the world of work.

I have no idea yet.

northern2015
Community Member

Hello, I'm new kindly review my profile, I appreciate your feedback.

iisraromar
Community Member

Wao, This is great, I have never seen something like this on any other freelance platform. Guess I have to visit community forum again and again.

To all me seniors, first of all Thank you for making this world better, no matter which field you are in. You did a great job in providing solid base for your youngsters. Not matter, if you are a doctor, and engineer, managers, kudos to everyone.

I would love to have some constructive critcism on my profile as well. One thing for sure I will ask and that is, should I add portfolio that have been done a long time or currently not relevant to what I am doing at the moment?

Another thing, the development world is very wide these days so no one can claim to be an expert or know a 100% of the platform. Should I add those things as well which I know a bit. For example, writing html, css isn't my cup of tea but I know how to do it.

Thank you every one who read this post, who will reply to this post and Upwork

9581b9c4
Community Member

With all my respect. Could you check my profile and provide me with feedback. I will appreciate it!
Thank you.

jasperautencio
Community Member

Hopefully, could someone help me of getting feedback on my profile as a newbie herein freelancing.

I would appreciate it if someone will help me. Thank you in advance.

quantifyagency
Community Member

Hi, i already fix my profile reading your comments. Can u check my profile... please?

Jose, your profile is well-written. But "Look at the web page as if it were a person; if it is ugly, you will not score" .... something is off about this sentence. Perhaps instead of 'ugly', 'untidy' or 'unkempt' might work better. Consider creating project catalogs at various price-points and various projects. Lastly, do you have any testimonials from previous employers/clients? 

Good luck, I am sure you will do extremely well on this platform.  

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths