🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelan...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi New Upwork Freelancers!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,582 REPLIES 3,582
ashu175
Community Member

Please review my profile.

jesimielbello
Community Member

Would love some feedback 

jesimielbello
Community Member

Hey hope everyone is doing okay. I'm gonna keep this quick and simple, is there anything missing on my profile that's probably making me not to get clients. I keep applying for jobs although I just recently worked on my profile properly, but so far it's been tough. can you look at it and give me feed back on what I can improve or do you think it's okay the way it is and I should just keep trying 

Jesimiel B wrote:

Hey hope everyone is doing okay. I'm gonna keep this quick and simple, is there anything missing on my profile that's probably making me not to get clients. I keep applying for jobs although I just recently worked on my profile properly, but so far it's been tough. can you look at it and give me feed back on what I can improve or do you think it's okay the way it is and I should just keep trying 

What is missing is a portfolio. As a video editor, I would also expect a great video introduction. 

1c15918b
Community Member

I created my profile a year ago, but I couldn't apply for any job since I got this huge project translation and editing project that I'm still working on till now! Now I'm almost done with it and decided to get back here, I edited my portfolio and Infos but I could not get any job till now! Not even a response! 
Is my profile lacking or something? What should I do? Help pls 

nbernardes
Community Member

Hi! Could someone review my profile, pls? 🙂 

Nathalia, your profile reads well. I'd suggest add some items in English in your portfolio, unless you want to work for Portugese speaking clients only. I wish you the best!!

6a96676f
Community Member

i would like to suggest to be reviewd by you to have a grace profile ...please help me 

dcf58d26
Community Member

Hello dear colleagues. Who can tell me why I do not receive orders when I have filled everything. I even bought it + Account

Andranik P wrote:

Hello dear colleagues. Who can tell me why I do not receive orders when I have filled everything. I even bought it + Account

I like short presentations, but yours seem excessively minimalist to me.
I would remove the phrase in which you say that you can learn the programs that the client needs. Sell what you already know how to do.
This will allow you to give a good product to the customer.
Explain what you can do for the client, don't focus on yourself.

And regarding the portfolio, I think you should upload the videos somewhere to be able to insert the links. Don't make the customer have to download the videos.
- In the two items in your portfolio, you have 4 videos and they are all practically the same. They are also supposed to be an Alpha test, but I don't see more than a logo animation.
And in both you have put a cover image that does not appear in any of the videos. Error.
If, as you say, you are an "experienced Video editor and Animator", your portfolio should be full of edited videos, and animations.
The videos you have don't prove anything.

Luck!

Please review my profile do let me know how can I improve it to engage my client's?

Tandeep S wrote:

Please review my profile do let me know how can I improve it to engage my client's?

A friendlier picture. 

You have an agency, but only you as a member? I don't believe that is even allowed. When will you add more members? 

goalseekersl
Community Member

Hello. Please check my profile and provide me feedback. It will be very helpful. Thank you

Madhushika V wrote:

Hello. Please check my profile and provide me feedback. It will be very helpful. Thank you

Lose the greeting, you are wasting space. Also, a potential client is not "everyone". From your point of view, yes, you are adressing a group of people. But the client reading in front of his screen is a single person, not a group. So even if a greeting would be a good idea, this one misses the point. 

The rest is also about you only, you start every sentence with "I". Focus on the client, not yourself. You need to engage the reader. 

a295901b
Community Member

i want to check my profile rating

Rishabh T wrote:

i want to check my profile rating

What rating?

i want to check what will you think after seeing my profile on the scale of 10 what where 0 is very bad and 10 is good

batcholazare
Community Member

Hello. Please check my profile and let me know what you think. It will be very helpful. Thank you

okay i will go through your profile 

please go through my profile and tell me what more i will add so that i can get some work 

755a7b26
Community Member

Hi everyone. I am new and I would really appreciate som feedback on my profile and the information I have there. Thank you

harrison_rutinu
Community Member

I am a resume writer and joined Upwork earlier this year. I was able to land a couple of jobs, received plenty of invitations for the first few months and was even invited to join rising talent.

After some time though everything suddenly went south. They took away my rising talent badge, I don't get hired or receive invitations anymore. I have been submitting proposals for months with no hires yet I had a quite successful spell when I started. 

I cant tell what happened or what I did wrong. Someone advise 

d97350e7
Community Member

I would appreciate a profile review

William B wrote:

I would appreciate a profile review

You need to set your profile to public.

Thanks! I thought it was public! I would still appreciate feedback.

William B wrote:

Thanks! I thought it was public! I would still appreciate feedback.

Well, obviously you need a portfolio with your prior work. Like contracts and other work you did for clients. (Just kidding...)

2 things: you can't have contact information in your profile. Upwork prohibits that so that you can't be contacted outside the platform and they don't earn their fee. If you don't want to take it out of your website, you need to remove it. The other thing, I'm sure you can rephrase your overview in a way so that you don't begin every sentence with "I". In a way, your profile is not about you, it is about your client. 

Thanks for this feedback - I will heed it!
6411dab4
Community Member

Would love to get some feedback! Thank you so much!

mehwishak
Community Member

Greetings,
Would you pls help me check my profile and provide me with honest feedback?

04b4cd10
Community Member

Please evaluate my profile. I would love feedback.

Timothy M wrote:

Please evaluate my profile. I would love feedback.

The two descriptions on your profiles are almost the same. Use the overview for give an general description of what you can do for the client and since you have a voice profile, describe only your voice work in it. I would add another specialized profile to better separate your skills.

Also, having so much experience, you have to fill your portfolio with examples, video montages, sound mixes, your voice, etc ...
For voice, I would add some file only with your voice, not a video in which your voice is mixed with others.
You have to make it easy for customers 🙂

irvannsuryanto
Community Member

Hi, I am new to Upwork. Could you please help me to review my profile? I will appreciate it. Thank you.

Irvan S wrote:

Hi, I am new to Upwork. Could you please help me to review my profile? I will appreciate it. Thank you.

Two identical descriptions for the two profiles. That doesn't look good.
I would remove the first line, it is the same as the title.
The description seems too long, a bit cumbersome and repetitive.
For the specialized profile, focus on selling that specifically, do not repeat the same.
And I would add another profile for "UI / UX Designer", so you can separate your skills and make it easier for clients to see what you can offer them in each specialty.

Hi Maria,

Thank you for your kind feedback. I appreciate it.

d28a8648
Community Member

I really need this help

Ayibakepreye O wrote:
I really need this help

Your profile needs to give clients a reason to hire you. At this point, your overview says absolutely nothing about your offer to clients.

Ayibakepreye O wrote:
I really need this help

Well, your description doesn't count for anything you can do for the client. It just seems like a description of yourself.
I think you should look at other profiles within your field to see how they present themselves. But just look, not copy.

moha-plaban
Community Member

Can you please review mine? Thanks
Mahmudul H - WordPress Designer and Developer
_aldrin_
Community Member

Hi, I entered upwork at the month of July and to this date, I still havent earned a single client to work with. Its demotivating since at first I started from sending five proposals, Now I send twelve proposals and by the passing day the only kind of notifications I receive are that the Job is closed. My connects keep increasing thanks to that but I dont see any point in it increasing when everything is going on like a loop.

I have attended upwork seminars thinking maybe im missing a point and followed the directions I learned from it such as building effective cover letters and not copy pasting for everyone, sending samples in the proposal, using bids and starting at affordable prices.

My work of profession lies in proofreading and editing and I have even created personalised profiles as well. What am I doing wrong? Where and how can I improve? 

I would really love it if someone can help me out cause I really have been looking forward to working productively in upwork for so long :")

Aldrin.

Aldrin P wrote:

Hi, I entered upwork at the month of July and to this date, I still havent earned a single client to work with. Its demotivating since at first I started from sending five proposals, Now I send twelve proposals and by the passing day the only kind of notifications I receive are that the Job is closed. My connects keep increasing thanks to that but I dont see any point in it increasing when everything is going on like a loop.

I have attended upwork seminars thinking maybe im missing a point and followed the directions I learned from it such as building effective cover letters and not copy pasting for everyone, sending samples in the proposal, using bids and starting at affordable prices.

My work of profession lies in proofreading and editing and I have even created personalised profiles as well. What am I doing wrong? Where and how can I improve? 

I would really love it if someone can help me out cause I really have been looking forward to working productively in upwork for so long :")

Aldrin.

First, getting connects back when a job is closed is not a good sign. Usually you don't get them back, unless upwork removed the job for some kind of violation. 

Second, you should not offer proofreading in English when your level is only fluent and your profile is far from being error-free. Are you offering proofreading in your native language only?

Third, you have no portfolio. That would be your best asset to convince a potential client to hire you. 

I sent out proposals as an entry level for the first few months, and I have only been declined by a client once because he stated that I didnt follow the rules he mentioned. All the other proposals, about 9 to 10 have been closed. My connects history shows how I get back my connects after every job I proposed is closed which is kinda depressing. Secondly I wanted to work as a proofreader in English, not any other language besides that. I have been speaking English ever since a child but thats not exactly my native language so hence I can speak English perfectly. Thank you for pointing out about my profile, I just edited it right now more concisely so please do check if thats enough.

About the Portfolio, I had troubles making one since the process was pretty confusing for me but I will try my best and get myself one. I hope to see some changes after taking your advice.

Thank you so much for all the time and patience in reading this and in responding to my inquiry.

Aldrin.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths