Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Highlighted
Employee
Mike J Employee Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
71 of 342

Hi Suresh,

If your profile is set to be visible to only Upwork users, they cannot access it from your Community profile. However, if you share the link to your profile here, they will be able to see it.

Best,
Mike J. | Jr. Program Manager, Talent Success
Highlighted
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
72 of 342

Suresh wrote:
It isn't, but it is visible to Upwork users. Wouldn't that suffice?

It doesn't as this is a public forum.

Highlighted
Nnam C Member Since: Aug 15, 2020
73 of 342
Hi,
I really appreciate a profile review.
I'm very much new here and I don't really have any work experience. What do I do?
Highlighted
Tomass S Member Since: Apr 30, 2015
74 of 342

Hey Nnam,

Just had a look at your profile. Here is what I suggest:

1) Get a better profile photo. Plain background. Close Crop. Look directly at the camera. And smile a little. Look presentable and professional.

2) Update your profile  "Title" that quickly explains what you do, for what people and what they get as a result

3) Update your profile "Overview" description

4) Add a video that explains your process and communicate your unique offering

I also suggest you check out this post where I give a little more detailed info:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Get-Profile-Feedback-from-Experienced-Freelancers-on-U...

To your success!

Tom

Highlighted
Alex B Member Since: Aug 20, 2020
75 of 342

Hi Everyone, I'm brand new, and looking for experience, and especially work! I'd find it very helpful to receive constructive feedback about my profile. Thanks in advance!!

Highlighted
Tomass S Member Since: Apr 30, 2015
76 of 342

Hey Alex,

A few things that you absolutely want to do:

1) Improve your "title" or as I like to call it 'Your Value Proposition"

2) Improve your "profile overview" 

3) Add video to your profile

4) Add a few portfolio items

Check out this post here. It will give you a better understanding of how to do all of the above:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Get-Profile-Feedback-from-Experienced-Freelancers-on-U...

To your success!

Tom

Highlighted
77 of 342
Hi,
I'm very new to upwork and I have spent days reading and familiarising myself with this platform. I want to begin submitting proposals but I need to be sure if I'm on track.
So, imagine I sent a proposal to you for a creative writing job, would you consider me?
What about my profile? You could help me check it out. I don't really have any working experience yet, I hope to build one here
Thanks for reading, I await your sincere replies
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
James G Member Since: Apr 27, 2020
78 of 342

Your English and grammar aren't too bad, it's what you're doing with them that I have the most concern about. 

You drone on for paragraphs about how great you are, there's nothing formal or professional in there whatsoever, and then finish with this absolute gem; 

I would rather not bamboozle you with sweet words. I prefer to let my works speak for me..

This is not a dating profile, this is a professional work profile. Of course, have some personality to it, but there's no actual substance to your profile.

3 out of 10.

Highlighted
79 of 342
Thanks a lot James,
I don't really have anything to put up on my profile. I hope to build them here.
Anyways, I'll make some changes.
Thanks again!
Highlighted
Gita E Member Since: Jul 21, 2020
80 of 342

I'd love a review and expert eye to my profile! Thank you in advance!!