🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelan...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi Community!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Cheers,
Mike

View solution in original post

1,163 REPLIES 1,163

Lovely, ... Thank you for your valued suggestions, Sir. 💝

Wouldyou please review mine?

Hello Anthony,

Could you please review my profile and give me your feedback. I'm not landing much jobs. 

Thanks 

Natalia 

Natalia,

Sorry, I didn't see your request until today (Jan 22). 

Your write up is nice. You certainly don't need the first two sentences though. Clearly you love art or you wouldn't be a graphic designer person. So, I would cut out that first paragraph.

Your photo is great.

You could say more. I like your style. It's very friendly, so you don't have to worry about that.

But you could say more about what styles you use, presenting yourself as versitile as you can. The more styles you can produce, the better.

You could also expllain more about where you fit in the greater scheme of things. What I'm looking for is a sentence that says "I can do book covers, posters, cartoons and book illustrations that range from specific to abstract."

Whether this is a good or a bad thing, I can't say, but from a sales point of view and artist has to be ready to take on all manner of jobs, so try to tell people you can do large, small, abstacts, detailed science illustrations, flowery design work, children's book illlustrations, etc. I just think you're at home drawing and what does it matter (at least for now) whether your artwork goes on a billboard or a tee-shirt? So, I think it's good to let people know that. Give them the idea that you have lots of range.

Good luck. 

Thank you very much Anthony!!! 🙂 

Hi Anthony H sir,

We are new on that platform, Can you help us to improve ourselves.

Thanks & Regards

Divyanshu Gupta

HI Divyanshu,

I don't know what services you are selling? I don't know what you mean by "requirement gathering."

Is this a translation problem? It's hard to tell.

can you review my account ?

Hello Mr. Anthony,

I realize it is important to get inputs from experienced Upworkers. I would appreaciate if you review my profile and advise on how to get my proposals accepted by clients. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Raphael 

Hello, Anthony!

Can you please rate my profile?

I'm having a great experience but want to kick-start at Upwork as well.

Hi Anthony,

I am comparatively new on Upwork. I used to get more response earlier but now the numbers are decreasing. I had turned on the avaliablity badge before but that didn't help. 

Can you please review my profile and let me know how I can improve? 

Thanks,

Mahinoor. 

03062fe1
Community Member

Please anyone can review my profile so I can improve it? 

Hi Irum,

I would suggest adding more information about your skills and experience and lengthen your blurb. Give more details about how much you value this work and what sort of job you will do for the clients. I would avoid the comment about how much money you want to make and focus on what value you can give your clients. Can you get some testimonials from people you have helped outside the platform and add those in? Or describe work you have done and how you enjoyed it? Or what personal value you get out of your work.

I would also suggest, while building up your reputation on Upwork, lowering your hourly rate, just until you build your reputation up. You can always bring it back up again once you have a few jobs under your belt. Have a look at what other people providing similar services are offering and drop it by 5-10 dollars an hour. 

All the best,

Jess

I can write that for you!

That is not a good start. It is strangely devoid of meaning. 

Then you talk about Claire, who we don't know. It is not a good look to have a client review that comes neither from an upwork client feedback or a testimonial. It hurts more than it helps.

Your overview seems weidly spliced together from different ideas or states of mind. It is fractured and does not present a concise whole. Chose a tone and then stick with it. You jump between voices, which I find strangely unsettling. 

I have impeccable integrity. Agree with Anthony, this is downright scary. Take that out. The basic rule: things that are presupposed don't need to be said. 

9fed670a
Community Member

your profile is good

Thank you. Can you please guide me on what I need to get clients? I am
losing patience.

Hari, your profile is well-written. There are three changes that I'd suggest: 1. Testimonials from previous employers/clients. This step is important if you have not received any interviews yet.  2. Create project catalogs to improve your visibility in searches 3. Change your availability to hours (more than or less than 30).

I am not familiar with your domain but I'd encourage you to conduct a market survey to ensure that you are offering services at a competitive rate. If your rates are too high or too low, it is hard to generate interest. Good luck, I am sure you will figure it out soon. 

If you can review my profile and give me feedbacks that would be great.

3c81a894
Community Member

ok i will

1f707ca0
Community Member

never bro

alina207
Community Member

Hi Mike,

Thanks,

Alina

Hey Alina,

Very nice profile. Its shows that you have a lot of experience with Wordpress and Shopify. Is that what you want to focus on? I see you also have javascript listed pretty high but dont say too much more about it. Do you feel stronger in js or php?

I'm not an exceptional freelancer 😅  but your profile seems decent, maybe add some more portfolios, that maybe should do it. You can also give me some reviews about my profile if you want to. It will be a great help, thank you.

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I am going to focus on ecommerce development.

Also, I am very familiar with JS and PHP.

l agree with Adam. It's a friendly, confident-sounding profile.

Hey! 

Can you please review my profile? I am finding it difficult getting jobs on Upwork.

Hey how goes the JS?

Hey Adam,

Could you please review my profile and gimme an honest review 😅?

Regards

Haris Fazal

Looks good. Maybe document what langueges you program with?

3c010f25
Community Member

This is amazing initiative. Please review my profile

6dc5f10f
Community Member

Hi Mike!

I would absolutely love some feedback on my profile. 

Thanks,

Maddie

Maddie,

That's great. Love the name Maddie.

You might want to discuss the style formats that you know. As a newspapermanchild we frequently have to comply with either the AP, UPI or Chicago Manual of Style guidebooks. You frequently see people asking for proofreaders who know a specific style -- those and maybe others. (I would spell that out on your profile, as in "Associated Press," or "United Press International." Their guidebooks have specific names. You should cite them properly.)

Some customers will be looking for you to mention one of those if they want their writing to conform to one of them.

Hi Anthony, pls I would be grateful if you take a look at my profile and give you our impression, I'm not getting offers.

AMY E

Amy E wrote:

Hi Anthony, pls I would be grateful if you take a look at my profile and give you our impression, I'm not getting offers.

The secret to a great profile is making it not about you, but about the client. I will let you ponder that concept now. 

What do you think it means?

Consider that your headline should be about the service you want to provide, short, snappy, appealing. Is somebody going to input your company into the search field? Are you going to be found by that name? No, obviously not. Plus it's confusing, because it sounds like full-time employment, and I had to go through everything to find out what it is supposed to mean. 

Finally, girl. If you want to sell proofreading, your profile better be flawless. I mean flawless. You know the guy who invented the printing press, the one who started a revolution in how people learn, think, interact, work, live, who changed the world in uncountable ways, that guy, you didn't get his name right. You better correct that real fast. 

Hello Martina,

Could you please review my profile and give me your feedback. 

Thank you 

Really great initiative! Can you please review my profile? I am not getting proposals approved. 

Hi Martina P,

Thanks,

Syed

b09bcf73
Community Member

Very good initiative. It would be fine if you please review my profile and advise where to improve. Thanks 

memelthami
Community Member

Hi Mike

Thank you for the initiative, can you please review my profile.

Thanks.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths