Page options
sojib1994
Community Member

Get job

How to get the first job on up work?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
resultsassoc
Community Member

Your profile is reasonable. Your English is quite good, just not really fluent. You need to raise your price. I just finished the hiring process for an illustrator; I would not have taken you seriously had you applied, because your rate is so low. If you don't think you're worth very much, I'm not going to argue.

In your responses ask questions and talk more about the client and her/his needs than you talk about yourself. Ask questions. They invite answers, and then you're in a dialog, a necessary step if you're going to win the work.

Good luck

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
renata101
Community Member
resultsassoc
Community Member

Your profile is reasonable. Your English is quite good, just not really fluent. You need to raise your price. I just finished the hiring process for an illustrator; I would not have taken you seriously had you applied, because your rate is so low. If you don't think you're worth very much, I'm not going to argue.

In your responses ask questions and talk more about the client and her/his needs than you talk about yourself. Ask questions. They invite answers, and then you're in a dialog, a necessary step if you're going to win the work.

Good luck

Thanks

Could you please review my profile and share your suggestions to improve it

Suggestions:

* Remove "Hi"

* First line you mean "field" instead of "filed"

* If you have certificates, list them

* If you have previous work, add them to your portfolio (remove copy from profile)

* Make your title catchy like "Graphic Designs That Will Knock Your Socks Off" - make it stand out!

* Your first 2 lines are what show up in search so make it the best.  It might be the only 2 lines clients see. 

* I agree $5 is little for what you offer, but you're new to Upwork so keep it until you win 2-3 jobs

Good luck!

same is the case to me . my rate is $4 .

Mujahid U wrote:

same is the case to me . my rate is $4 .

Find another occupation. Few clients would hire a conversational English writer to write English for them...even at $4.

You did understand what i said..... i mean my work hourly rate on upwork is
$4.. ok

Mujahid U wrote:
You did understand what i said..... i mean my work hourly rate on upwork is
$4.. ok

Hourly rate aside, most clients are looking for Native English writers to do English writing jobs. Some don't even want to hire if you're fluent, nevermind conversational. She's just saying to maybe rethink the skill you're offering.

Ok thanks.. i know this is my big weaknes....... but i want to be fluent
speaker ... what i do.....

Mujahid U wrote:
Ok thanks.. i know this is my big weaknes....... but i want to be fluent
speaker ... what i do.....

There are many ways to learn a language. You could see if English-teaching classes are available in your local area. You could also self-teach by using the internet. Nowadays, anyone can learn anything just by surfing the web.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths