🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Get more invitation as a newbie
Page options
arfat-hossen
Community Member

Get more invitation as a newbie

How can I get more invitation from Upwork client as a newbie? If you guys give me some important suggestions, it will better for me and I will be thankful forever.

I am anxious for suggestions.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
gurjeetkalsi
Community Member

I know it is bit hard to comete here as a newbie, but we all have faced that somewhere in life, so do not get disappointed. Even the TOP RATED sellers cant get every client from the every proposal they send.

Initially, try to keep your bid low, provided you are willing to deliver the quality service within quoted budget. Generally a client get 5-20 proposals, hence they may not read the entire profile of all freelancers, but if you send them well designed small pdf in attachment, that will really make a difference.

Have a happy journey at upwork. cheers

First of all, as a newbie most invitations you get will be scammers.  You need to rely on submitting excellent proposals to jobs you can do well.  Initially, the client only sees the first two lines of your proposal, so don't waste that space with greetings.

I disagree with starting with a low rate and working your way up.  I made that mistake and wasted a lot of time.  Look at profiles of others in your field with your skills and price yourself accordingly.  Remember, you are selling your services to an international market.

Thanks for the valuable insights.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths