🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Get payment and feedback for hourly contract
Page options
mehnasir
Community Member

Get payment and feedback for hourly contract

I am new to upwork. I have recently completed a fixed price contact, got feedback and received payment. Yesterday, I got a hourly contract of 2 hours. I have completed the 2 hours. Now I want the client to give me feedback. What is the procedure? Please guide me
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: "If my client closes the contract now (as my payment is still in the Work in Progress state in the reports section ), will I get the payment?"

Yes.

re: "I mean is it OK to close the contract before the payment?"

Yes.

You get paid for the time that you logged.

Automatically.

It doesn't matter when the contract is closed.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

What is the procedure?

Tell the client:

"Samuel:

Thank you for the opportunity to work on this project. I am finished now. If you do not have anything else that you need me to do right now, could you close the contract? Otherwise I will work on the next task."

Thank you Preston for your response. If my client closes the contract now (as my payment is still in the Work in Progress state in the reports section ), will I get the payment? I mean is it OK to close the contract before the payment?

re: "If my client closes the contract now (as my payment is still in the Work in Progress state in the reports section ), will I get the payment?"

Yes.

re: "I mean is it OK to close the contract before the payment?"

Yes.

You get paid for the time that you logged.

Automatically.

It doesn't matter when the contract is closed.

Thank you Preston for the guidance. Appreciated 

But what if the client has a new task for me but I need feedback for the current task? Should I ask him to close this contract and send a new one for the new task?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths