🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Getting Approved for UpWork is like winni...
Page options
scientistbhoot
Community Member

Getting Approved for UpWork is like winning a lottery!

I created my account few years ago. It was easy back then. But now a days opening an account is easier but getting approved for next step is a challenge for new freelancers! Why i'm telling this? Because, recently one of my friend joined Upwork (inspired by me) as a structural engineer. Also he knows Graphic Design as well. But after submitting for profile approval he gets rejected everytime. So he came to me for advice (I know I'm not experienced enough so I helped him based on my knowledge) and I give him some tips to create his profile like, add some of your work in the portfolio section, take some tests, etc... But one way or another, he is getting rejected everytime! But i see some recent profiles which don't have all the informations, but get approved somehow!

My question is, is there a country issue for new freelancers? Because my friend is from Bangladesh and the recent incomplete approved profiles are from USA...?

Looking forward to here from you guys.

Thank you.

Morshed..

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Md,

I`m sorry to hear that your friend registration was not accepted.  Please note that only a small percentage of freelancers have their registration accepted upon resubmission. We accept new freelancers based on the demand in the marketplace, which varies over months (not days). Having a complete profile will help determine if there is a sufficient demand for their skills and experience, but does not guarantee admittance. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Md,

I`m sorry to hear that your friend registration was not accepted.  Please note that only a small percentage of freelancers have their registration accepted upon resubmission. We accept new freelancers based on the demand in the marketplace, which varies over months (not days). Having a complete profile will help determine if there is a sufficient demand for their skills and experience, but does not guarantee admittance. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran, I understood. I will tell my friend to try again in next month.

@Md. Morshed A wrote:

Thanks Goran, I understood. I will tell my friend to try again in next month.

I think you completely misunderstood what was said...

Your friend would be better off trying a different platform rather than waste time being rejected over and over again here...

Hi Petra,

Thanks, I already told him to try on other freelancing sites,  but you know better than me "Upwork is the best". So, why not? Maybe someday he can get a pass 😄

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths