🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Getting First project
Page options
manpreetpm
Community Member

Getting First project

Hi All -- I am new to Upwork & submitted multiple proposals in the last few days. Didnt received any response so far? Any tips or tricks I am missing here? Looking ofr Project Management opportunities. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
purplepony
Community Member

Manpreet, sometimes it can take many proposals before some receive projects; especially when someone is new to this platform.  Also, unless the potential Client has some interest in the potential Freelancer the Freelancer generally will not receive a response.

Some never receive that first project.  I'm not attempting to dissuade you from continuing.  Upon attempting to view your Profile I noticed it's marked Private which makes it difficult for any of us within this Community who are Freelancers also to assist.

There is an absolute abundance of helpful information for newbies (and others) within this Community and the Help and Support areas.  All one has to do is search for what they're wanting to learn, read/view/listen, absorb the content, and put what's learned into practice.  That's how most of us got started here.   

Thanks Pat for quick response

I have changed the setting of my profile to Public, will continue exploring & learning the content shared on this community

Please know that you won't receive any response at all to most of your proposals.  Send it off and then forget about it or you will drive yourself crazy!

Thanks Mary for sharing the real picture 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths