cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting My First Job

Rebecca P Member Since: Dec 4, 2016
1 of 3

I am new to Upwork and have submitted numerous job proposals, but have yet to be hired.  Could someone please look at my profile and give me some hints, as in how to get a simple job to get started?

All suggestions are appreciated. 

Thank you.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
2 of 3

@Rebecca P wrote:

I am new to Upwork and have submitted numerous job proposals, but have yet to be hired.  Could someone please look at my profile and give me some hints, as in how to get a simple job to get started?

All suggestions are appreciated. 

Thank you.

Apart from your picture, which should show your face completely, there is nothing intrinsically wrong with your profile, but you are in a fiercely competitive and saturated category, and one that is constantly being trawled by scammers on the look out for gullible (and not-so gullible) newcomers. I would suggest you up your rates to deter the scammers and read this - essential - as well as the other help pages:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Getting-Started-on-Upwork/td-p/264214/jump-to/first-un...

As to work, just keep bidding and you will eventually get hired, but don't panic bid, and be choosy about the jobs you apply for. Good luck!

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
3 of 3

It's confusing, isn't it Nichola? How some of these profile photos are being approved when UW is supposedly cracking down on this sort of thing.

I don't get it.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS