🐈 Community
» Forums » New to Upwork » Getting Order Issue
Page options
sajid-waleed
Community Member

Getting Order Issue

Hello Everyone,
I hope you are doing well
I have an issue with my profile. I have submitted proposal on more than 40 projects. but didn't win the project even didn't receive any response from clients.
1- Is there any issue in my profile because I'm new or issue with proposals which i have sent to them
Please guide.
Looking forward to your response.
Thanks.

 

6 REPLIES 6
florydev
Community Member

Waleed S wrote:

Hello Everyone,
I hope you are doing well
I have an issue with my profile. I have submitted proposal on more than 40 projects. but didn't win the project even didn't receive any response from clients.
1- Is there any issue in my profile because I'm new or issue with proposals which i have sent to them
Please guide.
Looking forward to your response.
Thanks.

 


Your profile reads to me like about 90% of the profiles I have seen regardless of category.   You should ditch Hi There and make your first line sizzle so that they want to eat the rest of it.  Use your profile introduction to speak directly to the cllients problems and assure them you can solve them.

 

If you are introducing yourself in the proposals: Hi, I am Waleed andI am a passionate worker and Professionally working for Amazon clients from last 3 years and giving services for Amazon business launching

That is ALL they are going to see on the review screen.  Your first two lines on your proposal should again give the client something that wants them to read the rest of it.  Someone reviewing a job you have applied to with 25 other people will likely see 22 responses that are basically the same.

 

Instead, read the project description and come up with a unique line or two that both intrigues and answers.  If you want to be engaged you have to be engaging.

Thanks for your email guru.
If you don't mind could you please send the short proposal to me so i will
prepare my proposal according to this.
Thanks.


Waleed S wrote:

If you don't mind could you please send the short proposal to me so i will
prepare my proposal according to this.

Absolutely not.

You have to be the one writing every single proposal yourself, and from scratch, referencing the project and the client's needs.

 

Using a generic proposal is a great way to not only get not hired, sooner or later clients will mark your proposal as spam and report you.


Waleed S wrote:
Thanks for your email guru.
If you don't mind could you please send the short proposal to me so i will
prepare my proposal according to this.
Thanks.

It would do you almost no good whatsoever because I write every proposal from scatch and really it is a spur of the moment inspiration about what I see the client wants.

 

I can give you an example though:

You should come with me to Walt Disney World. You may not be interested, you may think, too hot, too many people, too much chaos, too many things to decide, and I don't like waiting in line. If you went with me you would go when the weather is nicer, when the crowds are thinner, we would walk from attraction to attraction, we wouldn't wait in line. You would sit down to watch a show and it would start five minutes after you got there. You would sit down to a not that great lunch and wonder why am I eating here until you realized you were sitting in fairly comfortable chairs in the air conditioning and that is exactly what you needed.

 

It was just something that popped in my head in response to the kind of planning the client was needing.  It is odd and something I tried and it didn't work (although to be fair, I am not sure the client every came back).  I will likely never write this again and you should never write it at all.

petra_r
Community Member


Mark F wrote:

I can give you an example though:

You should come with me to Walt Disney World. You may not be interested, you may think, too hot, too many people, too much chaos, too many things to decide, and I don't like waiting in line. If you went with me you would go when the weather is nicer, when the crowds are thinner, we would walk from attraction to attraction, we wouldn't wait in line. You would sit down to watch a show and it would start five minutes after you got there. You would sit down to a not that great lunch and wonder why am I eating here until you realized you were sitting in fairly comfortable chairs in the air conditioning and that is exactly what you needed.


Can I please have what Mark is smoking...

florydev
Community Member


Petra R wrote:

Mark F wrote:

I can give you an example though:

You should come with me to Walt Disney World. You may not be interested, you may think, too hot, too many people, too much chaos, too many things to decide, and I don't like waiting in line. If you went with me you would go when the weather is nicer, when the crowds are thinner, we would walk from attraction to attraction, we wouldn't wait in line. You would sit down to watch a show and it would start five minutes after you got there. You would sit down to a not that great lunch and wonder why am I eating here until you realized you were sitting in fairly comfortable chairs in the air conditioning and that is exactly what you needed.


Can I please have what Mark is smoking...


Absolutely Robot Embarassed

Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Apr 27
Upwork Virtual Community Hour
Community Hour English
Featured Topics
Learning Paths