cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Paid as an Agency

Rose Ann S Member Since: Apr 13, 2017
1 of 4

Hi I am Rose Ann. I am new to upwork and we are registering as an agency for a month already. We have a hard time geting paid because of this notification:

Bank verification in progress
Due to our updated identity policy, at least one of your payment methods has been deactivated as the beneficiary name of the bank account does not match your name."

Are there any rulings or restriction in setting up payment methods for agency?
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 4

@Rose Ann S wrote:

Hi I am Rose Ann. I am new to upwork and we are registering as an agency for a month already. We have a hard time geting paid because of this notification:

Due to our updated identity policy, at least one of your payment methods has been deactivated as the beneficiary name of the bank account does not match your name."

The name on the bank account must match your name. It sounds like currently it does not, so you need to fix that by using a bank account in your own name, or prove that you own (are named on) the bank account you are using.

Rose Ann S Member Since: Apr 13, 2017
3 of 4

Due to our updated identity policy, at least one of your payment methods has been deactivated as the beneficiary name of the bank account does not match your name.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information."

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 4

Hi Rose Ann, 

Agency owners should make sure that their bank account details match their Upwork freelancer account, as the agency earnings go to the the payment method option of the agency owner. Please request the agency owner to provide a payment method that matches his/her Upwork account. 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS