🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Getting Paid for Hourly Project
Page options
chavarria-patric
Community Member

Getting Paid for Hourly Project

I am fairly new to this and I have finished my first hourly project but all the tutorials I've watched to get paid show a 'Submit Work for Payment' button but that doesn't show up on my Projects. What am I missing? I did use the Upwork hourly tracker.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
marc_compte
Community Member

If I'm not mistaken, the submit work for payment button is only used in fixed-price contracts, where you get payed for the work you send, that is why you have to use that button, so it triggers the payment processing. In hourly contracts you get paid by the hour and the payments are processed automatically every week. You don't need to use any particular means to deliver your work. You can deliver it piece by piece every day, or by the end of the project. You can send the files to the client using the Upwork messages, by email or publishing them in a repository. That is entirely up to you and your client.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
marc_compte
Community Member

If I'm not mistaken, the submit work for payment button is only used in fixed-price contracts, where you get payed for the work you send, that is why you have to use that button, so it triggers the payment processing. In hourly contracts you get paid by the hour and the payments are processed automatically every week. You don't need to use any particular means to deliver your work. You can deliver it piece by piece every day, or by the end of the project. You can send the files to the client using the Upwork messages, by email or publishing them in a repository. That is entirely up to you and your client.

Thank you so much for your help. This makes more sense. I appreciate it!

dd63c576
Community Member

Patricia C wrote:

I am fairly new to this and I have finished my first hourly project but all the tutorials I've watched to get paid show a 'Submit Work for Payment' button but that doesn't show up on my Projects. What am I missing? I did use the Upwork hourly tracker.

Patricia, 

When you start working, you have to turn on the timer so the time for work will be counted. Further, a screen shot is shared randomly to the client that you are working. If you don't want to work that way, you can ask your client that I will add manual time to work diary. If client agrees, then go ahead as manual time isn't guaranted by upwork until client accepts it. 

Tnx

Engr. Saddam 

Thank you for you help. I am slowly learning and your feedback was very helpful!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths