🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Getting Paid in India
Page options
sankarm77
Community Member

Getting Paid in India

Hi Friends,

I just got my first contract and working on the same. The client is in my country itself(India) How can I get paid via upwork. I want to make it reflect it in my earnings section rather than getting paid outside upwork.

I dont want to spend too much on bank charges as the fees itself is pretty low.

Please advise.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vinitraje
Community Member

@Sankar M wrote:

Hi Friends,

I just got my first contract and working on the same. The client is in my country itself(India) How can I get paid via upwork. I want to make it reflect it in my earnings section rather than getting paid outside upwork.

Please advise.

I use Payoneer as I find their conversion rates better than Upwork Direct to Local Bank transfer. There are no bank charges for both methods, however Upwork charges $0.99 for Direct to Local Bank transfers. You can use Direct to U.S. Bank method with Payoneer, there are no charges on it.

As Petra said, circumvention is against Upwork ToS and you could lose your account.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

@Sankar M wrote:

Hi Friends,

Please advise.

The client must pay Upwork (US Dollars) and Upwork pays you. "Getting paid outside Upwork" will get your account suspended and you kicked off the platform.

Your available withdrawal methods can be seen on your Settings page under "Get Paid"

vinitraje
Community Member

@Sankar M wrote:

Hi Friends,

Please advise.

I use Payoneer as I find their conversion rates better than Upwork Direct to Local Bank transfer. There are no bank charges for both methods, however Upwork charges $0.99 for Direct to Local Bank transfers. You can use Direct to U.S. Bank method with Payoneer, there are no charges on it.

As Petra said, circumvention is against Upwork ToS and you could lose your account.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths