🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Getting Paid
Page options
daviddelahunty
Community Member

Getting Paid

I completed a job with a client and she was happy with the work that I did. It was a fixed amount of money contract. I ended the project but still haven't received any of the payments from upwork. I emailed my client to find out if she paid and she said she did, so I'm just waiting on the money to show up in my account. How do I know this money is being processed and that I will receive it? 

Im assuming that she had to pay upwork first, so am I just waiting on recieving the money from Upwork?

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

David:

Look here: Upwork -> Reports -> Overview

This will let you know where your money is, and when you will receive it.

Now, keep in mind this:

With fixed-price contracts, if the CLIENT and the FREELANCER are both newbies...

It IS POSSIBLE for a client to honestly think she paid for the work, but that money is not yet on its way to the freelancer.

Because the client funds escrow when the milestone is set up. But the money is not released to the freelancer until somebody does something:

Either the client needs to release the money manually to the freelancer.

Or the freelancer needs to use the official Submit Work / Request Payment button, and then wait 14 days to be paid automatically.

You'll know what happened exactly by looking in Upwork -> Reports -> Overview.

If the money is still in the "Work in Progrress" box, then it means you or the client need to do something. What YOU can do is immediately use the official Submit button. That gets the money rolling toward you.

Hey Preston, 

I checked the overview section and it is saying that my money is still in review. Is there any specific steps I should take when it says this? Or should I just wait for the funds to come through. 

You talked about a Official Submit button, where is this button located? Thanks!

re: "Is there any specific steps I should take when it says this? Or should I just wait for the funds to come through."

Just wait.

Hi David, 

You may also want to read up on this help article for more information on how your money moves from your client's account to your account - Upwork Weekly Billing Cycle

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths