🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Getting Traction
Page options
ank3nyiowa
Community Member

Getting Traction

I have trying to go full time FL by using UpWork as my "foot in the door" and am just honestly stuck at what I am doing wrong. While my account has been around for a couple of years I have just now concentrating my efforts here for about a month or so. I feel like I have a compelling proposal. I go below the price range but do not totally low-ball, and have good portfolio pieces as a designer. Is anyone able to possibly share a glaring issue that I am missing?

1 REPLY 1
JoanneP

Hi Ian,

I know that it can be disappointing when you don't hear back from clients after consistently submitting proposals. We want to help freelancers to win jobs, but we can't always guarantee that this will happen as soon as possible. Hiring a freelancer is up to the client and we can't influence their decision on whom they will hire. It may take some time to win jobs especially if you are just starting, but I hope that this doesn't discourage you to continue applying to jobs you're interested in. Here are some tips to help  you improve your profile and write proposals: 

9 Tips to Help You Create a Freelancer Profile That Stands Out

4 Ways to Create a More Successful Freelancer Portfolio

10 Upwork Profile Examples That Will Help You Get Clients

How To Get More Jobs on Upwork in 2021

How to Create a Proposal That Wins Jobs

How to Write a Cover Letter

You can find more helpful resources here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths