🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Getting a better overview
Page options
karolay-melendez
Community Member

Getting a better overview

Hello, translators colleagues. I would like to know your (hopefully nice) opinions about my profile (https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~01abe3a1f110cc0ff3/).

I'm always trying to get better... I definitely want to receive feedback from experienced freelancers, translators or not, about my overview, especially regarding my English, since it's not my native language and I'm concerned about the style and sentence structure of what is written on my profile. So let me know, please, what you think. Does it sound captivating? Is it utterly correct? Do you think is overwhelming and I'm saying too much? 

Looking forward to hearing your opinions 🙂 

2 REPLIES 2
versailles
Community Member

You should change your English level on your profile from Native or bilingual to Fluent. Also you should indicate clearly that you translate from English into Spanish, to avoid confusion.

I don't have much to say about your overview but you need to avoid capital letters where they are not required (... in Translation and I studied 'Correction, ...).

Your 88% JSS is probably costing you jobs. The reason for this JSS may be inactive contracts. Perhaps could you send a kind note to the clients asking them to close the contracts. If they don't close them after a couple of weeks, go ahead and close them yourself, but not before giving clients a chance to close the contracts themselves so they can leave a feedback.

Add some more translation samples to your portfolio, preferably as bilingual documents with the Spanish and the English side by side.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

@Rene K wrote:

You should change your English level on your profile from Native or bilingual to Fluent. Also you should indicate clearly that you translate from English into Spanish, to avoid confusion.

I don't have much to say about your overview but you need to avoid capital letters where they are not required (... in Translation and I studied 'Correction, ...).

Your 88% JSS is probably costing you jobs. The reason for this JSS may be inactive contracts. Perhaps could you send a kind note to the clients asking them to close the contracts. If they don't close them after a couple of weeks, go ahead and close them yourself, but not before giving clients a chance to close the contracts themselves so they can leave a feedback.

Add some more translation samples to your portfolio, preferably as bilingual documents with the Spanish and the English side by side.

Thank you so much for your feedback! 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths