🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Getting a first client/job
Page options
pablo-uranga
Community Member

Getting a first client/job

Hello everybody, 

I've filled my profile and have sent several proposals, but work doesn't seem to be coming my way. I'm starting to get very discouraged , also because i keep buying connects but my proposals don't seem to be getting any attention. 

Does anyone have any suggestions? references? 

Did you guys also struggle getting that first client?

thank you!

Pablo

3 REPLIES 3
robin_hyman
Community Member

Hi Pablo,

Welcome to Upwork!  First advice:  make your profile public.  The first job is sometimes the hardest to get because you have no previous feedback.  Make sure you have examples of work you can attach to each proposal.  Customize your proposals based on client's needs.  Have a catchy profile - the first few lines are what a client sees in a search.

Good luck!

Thank you for your advise ! 

my profile is public 🙂 otherwise I don't know how else I can make it public.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pablo, 

In the Community, a lot of seasoned freelancers have mentioned in other posts that it takes time to get hired when freelancer. For new freelancers, I always share the freelancer resources we have compiled, which has great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. Please also pay attention to the Safety First! section of the resources, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

Hopefully, this helps you get started on your freelancing career, Pablo. Goodluck, and welcome to Upwork!

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths