cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a video verification without being on the marketplace

Thilo S Member Since: Mar 28, 2017
1 of 5

I can't find this information anywhere and I don't know where else to go.

I got rejected from the marketplace, but I believe I can still accept jobs from clients who send me direct requests ( discussed here: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/214180797 ).

I have a client on the site who already wants to hire me, but he can't hire me without a video verification.

When I log in to do a video verification, it says they can't do a video verification because I'm not accepted into the marketplace.

How do I get a video verification without being in the marketplace? 

Any help is much appreciated.

Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
2 of 5

If your client's hiring requirement is via a video verification, then it is possible that he wants to abide by the terms and conditions of the platform.  However, you seem to want to be hired by the client and be paid outside the platform.  I can see a conflict of interests here, Thilo.  I am not sure where else you should go.  All I know is that circumvention is a grave matter.  Also, I think video verification can be done via Skype.  Good luck to you in regards to the kinds of clients that you will be dealing with as you will not be protected by the platform if you do that.

Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
3 of 5

@Thilo S wrote:

I can't find this information anywhere and I don't know where else to go.

I got rejected from the marketplace, but I believe I can still accept jobs from clients who send me direct requests ( discussed here: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/214180797 ).

I have a client on the site who already wants to hire me, but he can't hire me without a video verification.

When I log in to do a video verification, it says they can't do a video verification because I'm not accepted into the marketplace.

How do I get a video verification without being in the marketplace? 

Any help is much appreciated.

The last thing you want to do is rely on Juvy Ann's interpretation of a problem.

I don't think any forum contributors can help you with this one, but I suggest you PM one of the moderators with the problem to get clarification and/or assistance. Alternatively, you can wait for Petra to come along; she knows the inner workings of this site better than anyone else, so if someone can advise you, it would be her. 

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 5

Hi Thilo, 

I can see you have a few open tickets with the support team. I'll request someone to reach out to you via email. 

-Avery
Untitled
Thilo S Member Since: Mar 28, 2017
5 of 5

Thanks for the responses everyone. I don't see any open tickets, but perhaps they're open on UpWork's end. I will wait for an email.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS