🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Getting an error on withdrawal to paypal
Page options
chikazhe_winston
Community Member

Getting an error on withdrawal to paypal

I'm trying to make a withdrawal to my paypal account. but i'm getting the following error Returned Withdrawal (ref 208650047 Rejected). What could be the problem and how can I solve that

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You my find that the particular way of payment disbural that Upwork uses may not be available on your local PayPal.

Contact PayPal and ask if your account can receive MassPay payments and if not, if it can be enabled to or not.

If not, you'll have to choose a different withdrawal method.

Joanne, if his withdrawal method had not been active yet, then he could not have withdrawn hence it could not have bounced back...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
joanbonjoc
Community Member

Hi Winston,

If you added the withdrawal method just today please note, for security reasons, your new payment method will become active in three days.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

I added the payment method last week, but this is my first withdrawal from upwork though

Hi Winston,

We checked and it appears the option to withdraw funds in your area using Paypal might not be supported, you can contact PayPal directly to check or use a different withdrawal method. Please check out this help article for other options you can use that's supported in your location. Thank you! 

~ Joanne
Upwork

You my find that the particular way of payment disbural that Upwork uses may not be available on your local PayPal.

Contact PayPal and ask if your account can receive MassPay payments and if not, if it can be enabled to or not.

If not, you'll have to choose a different withdrawal method.

Joanne, if his withdrawal method had not been active yet, then he could not have withdrawn hence it could not have bounced back...

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths