🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Getting connects refunded
Page options
azharu48_lla
Community Member

Getting connects refunded

Greetings, Upwork community

When should I expect to get the connects refunded or have an idea of connects to be refunded?

6 REPLIES 6
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi AZHARUDDIN,

We return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. You can find more information here.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Bojan S wrote:

Hi AZHARUDDIN,

We return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. You can find more information here.

Thank you!

Bojan, is  the third possibility - the little flashing light against a job offer saying you get your connects back if the client doesn't hire - been stopped? 

It would be nice if everyone could be on the same page on this. 

Hi Nichola,

Thanks for bringing this up. The test you're referring to has been concluded. Please, see Vladimir's post on the thread:

Vladimir G. wrote:

Hi all,

We concluded the test with allowing freelancers to submit proposals for some jobs for “free” and refunding Connects on randomly selected jobs that don’t hire and have gone dormant. Note that eligible jobs posted before the test ended will continue to issue Connects refunds as expected. Our team will analyze the data and valuable feedback we received. We do plan to continue testing different Connects options moving forward and will keep you posted. We’d like to thank you for your interest and the feedback you have provided.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Nichola,

Thanks for bringing this up. The test you're referring to has been concluded. Please, see Vladimir's post on the thread:

Vladimir G. wrote:

Hi all,

We concluded the test with allowing freelancers to submit proposals for some jobs for “free” and refunding Connects on randomly selected jobs that don’t hire and have gone dormant. Note that eligible jobs posted before the test ended will continue to issue Connects refunds as expected. Our team will analyze the data and valuable feedback we received. We do plan to continue testing different Connects options moving forward and will keep you posted. We’d like to thank you for your interest and the feedback you have provided.

Thank you Valeria,

But do you think it would be possible to inform us as to how long these little perks will last? I know I have at least two posts that tell new freelancers about this feature that no longer exists.

I have also applied for a couple of jobs that have stated that connects are returned if the client doesn't hire anyone. I don't care one way or another, but for a newcomer this can be important and stressful. It has never been stated (as far as I know) what the "no hire" limit was. 

So please, in future, could  Upwork please let us know what temporary features will be rolled out and when they will be terminated. 

In the future, please don't bury this type of information on page 21 of a thread.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

AZHARUDDIN A wrote:

Greetings, Upwork community

When should I expect to get the connects refunded or have an idea of connects to be refunded?

Same answer as 2 weeks ago when you last asked, or did you expect a different one?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths