🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Getting my first job
Page options
jivyaa9980
Community Member

Getting my first job

Hey there!

It's been a month since I joined Upwork. I applied to tens of jobs but my luck didn't shine. Could you please check my profile and tell me what's wrong so that I can improve?

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
jr-translation
Community Member

Jivyaa D wrote:
Hey there!

It's been a month since I joined Upwork. I applied to tens of jobs but my luck didn't shine. Could you please check my profile and tell me what's wrong so that I can improve?

Thanks.

Your profil is all over the place. Take some time to get it structured but first think about what kind of work you want to do. You write: "My specialities are: - Captivating stories that create curiosity in people to read further" but you lost me soon after.

What is "UK Taxation" doing in your popular projects?

Translation: If you are native/bilingual in French, why not mention it in the specialized profile? And you should not translate into Hindi. A) It is not a native language to you. B) There are thousands of native Hindi speakers that will deliver better results.

Well, I jotted it down like a summary of the things that I can do. I have put UK taxation there because I'm good at it. As far as Hindi translation is concerned, I have topped in my country in Hindi when even Indians cannot write that well. I put a sample in my portfolio. I don't want to do only one kind of job, I want diversity.

Hi Jennifer

I have the same issue. I joined about 4 weeks ago. I've done the getting started webinar (last week) so i've changed my profile etc, but I'm still not getting any takes - at all.

At the moment I doubt I'll get any work unless I have worked!

Can you please check my profile and let me know if there's anything astray.

Someone elses eyes are needed here.

Can you let me know.

Many thanks, Greg Bedford

Hi Jennifer,

As you said, I restructured my profile. Could you please have a look?

Thanks
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths