🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Getting paid for past weeks of work
Page options
gerouxsandra
Community Member

Getting paid for past weeks of work

I need help getting paid for 2 past weeks of work. I added my bank account, but hadn't verified it (I was checking the wrong account... duh!). Now that it's been verified, I received a notice that I will be paid for this past week's work, but not for the previous two weeks. How do I get paid for those weeks that have passed the payment "date"? Also, it looks like Upwork hasn't even billed them for the past weeks of work...

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Sandra,

After setting a payment schedule, your earnings will automatically be released based on the schedule you have set and the balance limit (i.e withdraw earnings after they reach $100), however, you can withdraw your earnings whenever you choose by clicking the 'Get Paid Now' option. Please check out this article for more information.

Please check the Weekly Billing Cycle article for more information about the schedule to release hourly payments. It takes about 10 days for payments to be processed. The first week is when you log time on an hourly contract, which ends every Sunday. The client then has 5-days to review, and/or, dispute any the hours logged on the Work Diary. If there are no issues with the hours logged, the payment for the contract will then go to a 5-day security period before it becomes available on your account.

You can check your In Review tab, and Work In Progress tab in order to confirm the status of your payments. The funds for your first week of work were already released to you and were withdrawn today to your bank account. Timesheet for last (second) week is currently In Review tab. You have hours logged this week, which is the third week on this contract, this work week has not ended yet and time logged is still under the Work In Progress tab

I hope this helped. Happy Working!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sandra,

Timesheet for last week is available for the client's review this week and the payment will be released to you on Wednesday next week. You can find more information about how that works here. Let us know if you need further assistance.

It looks like you already have withdrawn your available balance to your payment method. You can check this under your Transaction History.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you so much for replying, Bojan! I have a couple of questions/concerns:

1. When Upwork sends money to your bank, does that count as a withdrawal? I haven't withdrawn anything myself. Is this a problem? Did someone hack my account somehow and withdraw my money?

2. I have worked for three weeks, but it looks like only one week has been billed. I understand week 3 won't be billed yet (we're still in it). I see an invoice for my second week of work (saying "pending"), but no invoice for week 1. However, in the Excel spreadsheet I view to see my billings, it looks like Week 1 is listed, but not week 2. I also have a notification that money was transferred by ACH to my bank, but it represents week 1's amount... not week 2 (it varies).

I'm very confused. Should I just hang tight for a while and see what happens? Could there be some kind of delay because I didn't verify my bank account properly right away?

Thanks again for any guidance you can offer!

Ah - thanks for the info about the Transaction History. A new transaction just posted (pending) for this week. But my first week's information is still missing. Should I be concerned?

Hi Sandra,

After setting a payment schedule, your earnings will automatically be released based on the schedule you have set and the balance limit (i.e withdraw earnings after they reach $100), however, you can withdraw your earnings whenever you choose by clicking the 'Get Paid Now' option. Please check out this article for more information.

Please check the Weekly Billing Cycle article for more information about the schedule to release hourly payments. It takes about 10 days for payments to be processed. The first week is when you log time on an hourly contract, which ends every Sunday. The client then has 5-days to review, and/or, dispute any the hours logged on the Work Diary. If there are no issues with the hours logged, the payment for the contract will then go to a 5-day security period before it becomes available on your account.

You can check your In Review tab, and Work In Progress tab in order to confirm the status of your payments. The funds for your first week of work were already released to you and were withdrawn today to your bank account. Timesheet for last (second) week is currently In Review tab. You have hours logged this week, which is the third week on this contract, this work week has not ended yet and time logged is still under the Work In Progress tab

I hope this helped. Happy Working!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, Bojan - this helped tremendously! Thank you so much. I see one payment, as well as one week in review and one in progress, so I think this accounts for everything.

You are an angel - thanks again. You really helped me out!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths