🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Getting paid [help :)]
Page options
irinabogo
Community Member

Getting paid [help :)]

Hey everyone! 

I landed a great contract about a month ago and I should be completing the contract this week. 

When I am in settings and hit the Get Paid menu item I have $1,090 to pull & pay myself. However, with all the hours worked I am over 2k in earnings. My Payment Calendar is set for the last Wed of every month so 1/27 is next, however, I will most likely be complete w/ the contract by then. 

When I complete the contract, does the rest of the payment immediately come through - or do I have to wait? 

4 REPLIES 4
ikram5250
Community Member

Hourly contracts are based on the weekly billing cycle. The weekly billing period ends on Sunday, your funds are available for withdrawal 10 days later (the following Wednesday). Some contracts are eligible for faster payments!

Ikram

Can I expect payments to continue to come in after I close the contract? Or should I keep it open until it is fully paid?

Irina B wrote:

Can I expect payments to continue to come in after I close the contract? Or should I keep it open until it is fully paid?

You should never end a contract, always let the client to it so they leave feedback for you. 

Hi Irina,

As Martina said, we do encourage you to ask your client to end a contract so they are required to leave you feedback, but ending a contract will not affect payments for work that has already been billed via the work diary.

Cheers,
Mike
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths