🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Getting paid in Switzerland
Page options
hanaecorio
Community Member

Getting paid in Switzerland

Hello, I'm living at the moment in Switzerland and I want to get paid by a bank account here. I change my payment method to "Direct to local bank" but the current says EURO. In switzerland we have CHF, not Euro, so my payment will be changed twice (USD to EUR and EUR to CHF). Can I do something about it?

1 REPLY 1
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hanae,

Please be advised that for Direct to Local Bank, we only support transfers in EUR and not CHF at the moment. 

If you'd like to avoid double conversion, I would suggest considering adding a different payment method instead, where funds are transferred in US dollars, like Wire Transfer for example. That way, your bank will receive the funds in USD currency and it will be your bank who will convert the funds to your local Swiss currency, CHF. This may also help in avoiding multiple exchange rate fees, however, please note that Wire Transfer (USD) has a higher withdrawal fee on Upwork.

I invite other freelancer located in Switzerland to share their experience regarding the withdrawal method they are using, in order to provide additional insight.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths