🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Getting paid
Page options
natalieb94
Community Member

Getting paid

I am new to upwork and worked several hours two weeks ago week. I still have not received my payment. What do I do?

6 REPLIES 6
airahbea
Community Member

Same question. The client showed the invoice of him paying the the salary for me. But still not showing on my account.

Upon checking the transaction history and per my client he has already paid me and there are pending payments in the transaction history. How will I get paid? I've already placed and linked my paypal account in my upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Airah Bea W wrote:
How will I get paid? I've already placed and linked my paypal account in my upwork

The funds are in Pending, during the usual 5 day security period.

You want to familiarize yourself with how payments are processed  on Upwork and with your Reports Overview Page.

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

airahbea
Community Member

Thank you! This is a big help 💛
NikolaS

Hi Natalie and Airah, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. As a freelancer, your billing period for hourly contracts begins on Monday and ends on Sunday. Your funds are available 10 days later. When working hourly contracts, all time logged in the Work Diary by the freelancer is automatically invoiced to the client using the schedule below.

• Week 1 – Freelancer logs time using the Upwork desktop app and Work Diary.
  • Week 2 – Hours within the weekly limit invoice to your clients on Monday. They have until Friday to review the work. Then the review period ends.
  • Week 3 – Earnings become available on the following Wednesday.

Here you can find more information about the weekly billing cycle

Currently. you can find your earnings under the Pending tab on your Overview page.  Let me explain what each tab represents in the case of Hourly contracts:

• Work in progressThis includes hours logged for the current work week. They will be automatically sent to the client for review Sunday night UTC (the close of the work week).
  • In review: This represents hours logged last week that are now under review by your clients. Clients have 5 days to review your work diary.
  • Pending: This represents the standard security hold period in which funds cannot be withdrawn. Hourly payments are in the security period from the time the client review ends on Friday to when the funds are released on Wednesday.
  • Available: These are funds available to withdraw. If you've set up automatic payments, this will usually show a zero balance, with the last payment indicated below. Click this tab to see a history of payments already sent.

You can find more information about getting paid for Hourly Contracts here. As you are new, you may also check this video to help you get started with freelancing on Upwork.

Let us know if you have further questions.

~ Nikola
Upwork
NadaN
Staff
Staff

Hi Natalie,

Congrats on winning your first job on Upwork! I’m Talent Success Partner, and I noticed that your profile is not 100% complete yet. You’ll want to fill out more profile fields to improve your chances of appearing in the client’s search results.

I recommend checking this article for more information, but here are a few things I suggest by looking at your profile:
  • Add more skill tags (you can have up to 10!) - this will help you appear in relevant search results and gain more visibility
  • List your employment history - if you don’t have any, simply list your freelance business
  • Mention your education and areas of study
  • Link a social account - Upwork will not display it on your profile
  • And, note that private profile won’t show up in search - opt for “Upwork Users Only” or “Public”
Let us know if you need more help!

Nadja
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths