🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Getting paid
Page options
73daf36d
Community Member

Getting paid

I got the following message when I tried to link my debit card to my account, "Due to our updated identity policy, at least one of your payment methods has been deactivated as the beneficiary name of the bank account does not match your name."
I think it's because I signed up for Upwork through my gmail which has me listed as 'Kyle Bob Guitar' which isn't my real name so when I put in my real name of 'Kyle **edited for Community Guidelines**' it screwed it up. Anyway, I think I changed my name on my profile in the settings to Kyle **edited for Community Guidelines** so I don't know if that's enough to fix it or if you Upwork has to do something to make sure money actually gets deposited in my bank. I tried to contact their customer service but it just led me to this forum. Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kyle, 

It looks like you have just recently updated your name. This should be reviewed within 24 to 48 hours. If you don't hear back then, please don't hesitate to update this thread and our team will assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
73daf36d
Community Member

Thanks Avery.

I got an email from Upwork this morning that said I need to send them documentation to verify I’m legit. (I attached the body of the email).

When I followed their links there was no where to attach my photo id

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kyle,

I checked this for you and it looks like your name change request was approved. You should be set up now. Feel free to reach back to us if you still need any assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths