🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Getting started
Page options
garing_mariegil
Community Member

Getting started

Good day!

I am Mariegil, a freelancer. I have joined upwork just few days ago. I am really struggling at getting my first client. Can somebody please take a look at my profile and tell me your honest opinion of it? Is there anything I need to improve or change?

My stats also are very low. How can I make clients see my profile?

Thank you for your time. Hoping to get help from you.

Very truly yours,
Mariegil G.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Mariegil,

To get started, please keep on submitting proposals on the job that you think you are fitted and qualified. Just keep your account active. Here is links that can help you land a job. 

Want to get that first job

Submmiting a winning proposal

How to create a Job Proposal

Tips to avoid Questionable Jobs

Thank you and good luck!

Untitled

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Mariegil,

To get started, please keep on submitting proposals on the job that you think you are fitted and qualified. Just keep your account active. Here is links that can help you land a job. 

Want to get that first job

Submmiting a winning proposal

How to create a Job Proposal

Tips to avoid Questionable Jobs

Thank you and good luck!

Untitled

Hi Ryan,

I'll keep this in mind. Thank you for the links you have provided.

Best regards,
Mariegil
madison-russell
Community Member

Hi Mariegil!

I took a quick look at your profile, and I do have a few suggestions. Firstly, I would rework your entire "about me" section. The introduction to it, with the salutations and questions, is unnecessary, and I have a feeling many clients clicked right off your profile the minute they saw it. Put your qualifications, your interests, and your skills in the first few sentences of your profile. You want the client to know immediately why you are a good fit for their project.

But you're also a new freelancer, so it will take some time. I have been doing this for two years and sometimes I struggle to find clients (and I have gone weeks with no work before!) You just have to keep submitting proposals, keep accepting invites (as long as you're a good fit), and realize that there are a lot of freelancers, and not enough clients. 

I hope this helps! Feel free to send me a private message if you'd like; I'd be happy to answer any questions you have!

I wish you well!

I suggest you change your profile photo. The photo is cropped so widely... it is hard to see your face.

You don't need so much background space around your head.

Thank you Preston for the advice. I will edit my photo as suggested.

Kind wishes,
Mariegil

Hello Madison!

Thank you so much for your feedback. I will update my profile to make it more enticing and convincing.

Best regards,
Mariegil
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths