🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Getting tips on how to get hired.
Page options
josephmutemi39
Community Member

Getting tips on how to get hired.

I'm new to upwork and I have an ideal and dynamic experience.Kindly I'm seeking advice on how to get hired for projects.

My pleasure is to serve my clients to their satifaction.

Regards.

Joseph Mutemi.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Joseph M wrote:

I'm new to upwork and I have an ideal and dynamic experience.Kindly I'm seeking advice on how to get hired for projects.

Regards.

Joseph Mutemi.

Competition on upwork is fierce. In order to succeed, it's not advisable to offer widely disparate skills - concentrate on the one you do best. Customer support and writing does not go together well, it just looks like you are throwing spaghetti on the wall hoping something sticks. 

Your profile needs to be flawless, without errors or typos, even if you don't offer writing. 

Only apply to jobs that you can do exceptionally well und write a proposal that tells the client why he should hire you. 

I'm not going to repeat all the helpful hints for newbies, I assume you studied them already. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Joseph M wrote:

Regards.

Joseph Mutemi.

Competition on upwork is fierce. In order to succeed, it's not advisable to offer widely disparate skills - concentrate on the one you do best. Customer support and writing does not go together well, it just looks like you are throwing spaghetti on the wall hoping something sticks. 

Your profile needs to be flawless, without errors or typos, even if you don't offer writing. 

Only apply to jobs that you can do exceptionally well und write a proposal that tells the client why he should hire you. 

I'm not going to repeat all the helpful hints for newbies, I assume you studied them already. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths