🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Getting to know upwork
Page options
i_larios
Community Member

Getting to know upwork

Hello, i am new using upwork. I made a request for a job, but unfortunately i did not understood properly the terms and condition of payment. I was hire and i accepted the job before i realized my mistake. I talked with the client who i contacted through messages and fix the problem, after giving an apologize i told him i could not do the job under the real conditions and he seemed to be OK with my decision. Nevertheless i can see the contract that i accepted for that job keeps on the run. My question is, if the contract was canceled or not eventhough the negociations took only a few hours because the time diferrences. Another question is if there is any negative issues about my reputation because of this issue. I am worry because i am really interested in work with this platform. Thank you very much for you attention. 

1 REPLY 1
robin_hyman
Community Member

If the job is closed without payment, your JSS will be negatively affected.  No need for concern just yet as you don't have a JSS.  

Before proceeding on this platform, please read the materials Upwork has provided for new freelancers at the top of this forum.  Mistakes can be easily made if you don't have enough information about how this platform works.  

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths