🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Getting your first job - HELP!
Page options
martinapay
Community Member

Getting your first job - HELP!

Hi Upwork Community!

Since April this year, I've been trying my luck searching for jobs here in Upwork. I've updated my profile, submitted proposals, and put in my skills as a Virtual Graphic Designer. However, four months have passed but I still haven't gotten a reply from anyone. What am I doing wrong?

One thing I'm really frustrated about is that Upwork keeps on changing my profile to "private" since I don't get jobs even when I'm actively submitting proposals. Second, a lot of jobs require that a person must be a Rising Talent - how does a person get invited?

By this time, I am open to open suggestions. I'm not desperate to get a job but I am really frustrated that no one, not even one single person has replied to me.

Thanks,

Martin

1 REPLY 1
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Martin, 

I'm sorry to learn about your experience on Upwork. You may want to read up on the freelancer resources we have compiled for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform.

Additionally, you may also want to check out these articles (here, and here)  from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork:

I would just like to clarify that your profile is only set to private if you do not earn in the past 30 days. If you aren't regularly earning on our platform, your profile may be set to private, even if you submit proposals and interview frequently. There are different ways on setting your profile to public again, one of which is contacting us directly so that we can set your profile visibility to public.

I would also recommend that you continue applying for jobs with the Rising Talent requirement especially if you know you have the right skills and experience to complete the job. You will still be allowed to submit proposals for these jobs, and you will only see a notification that you do not meet the criteria. 

I hope this helps you, Martin! Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths